iData Research Inc.

iData Research Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
The management all made it incredibly easy to begin working in this position, but the work itself was not something I enjoyed doing. Writing the reports was okay, but cold calling people all over the world can be really draining and difficult when you can't find good information sources. That being said, the managers were always there to help.

This is a good place to get started right out of college/university, it just wasn't for me.
Pros
Fantastic culture, breakfast on Wednesdays
Cons
Initially assigned research topics, seemingly revolving door of coworkers
It's a great starting role in market analysis. Apply your economics thinking, talk to industry insiders, and place your bets on where a certain market is going in the next 5 years.
Pros
A lot of fun!
Cons
No ongoing training. None.
Colleagues are friendly. You’d have to work long hours to meet the minimum expectations of the management. The pay rate is low. This is not the job for you if you are trying to make a living out of it.

Maybe ok for recent grads but not for experienced candidates. Also the management’s style is micromanaging.

My advice: Don’t apply!
I recently attended the open house at the company, and was impressed with the togetherness of their team. I also really liked their products. Compared with my current job which is dealing with local businesses, being able to work with big companies such as Johnson & Johnson, Siemens, SONY, etc is pretty cool. I am hoping to join the sales team as a product consultant and am waiting to hear.
The position was pretty good, they give you a clear timeline of what you should do for each project. The co-workers were really great and everyone in the office was very helpful. I just had issues with the cold calling aspect of the position and the overnight shifts for projects on Europe or Asia.
Pros
Great co-workers and benefits
Cons
Overnight shifts and cold calling
It feels like a slave labor sweatshop. The hours you are required to work to earn the 40k a year really have you at perhaps 13 dollars an hour.

It could lead to other jobs, however the management is a nightmare.

You will gain valuable experience, and your co-slaves are all delightful, bright, young worker bees.

Proceed at your own risk.
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Everything else
Official response from iData Research Inc.
24 February 2017
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Analyst work is project based with assigned deadlines. Timelines are always set at a reasonable length and can be adjusted throughout the project to take into consideration unforeseen challenges. Many analysts are able to complete their projects well within the given timelines with no issues. However, some analysts encounter overtime work when they fail to express the challenges they are facing. This inhibits the opportunity for the management team to provide additional support or to make timeline adjustments.

Analysts are also eligible for instant monthly profit sharing and bonuses and commission on sales of reports that they assist with.
Fantastic coworkers who are extremely motivated and passionate, but beyond that crazy overtime is expected, management is hostile, the pay is inadequate for what is expected of the employees, and the benefits are sub par.
Pros
Free mini breakfast on Wednesdays
Cons
The whole job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at iData Research Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6