IDA pharmacy Employee Reviews

Busy and professional
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wabamun, AB16 September 2019
Whether working in the front part of the store or in the pharmacy, the positions were enjoyable and other staff pleasant to work with. Each employee fit well with each other, helpful, courteous, patient when teaching new skills to new employees. Customers appeared to appreciate the way they were treated and many would compliment staff and store on cleanliness, friendliness and knowledge.
Pros
A pot luck lunch would occur once a month and enjoyed by staff. Family was put first so if needed, an employees' need to take time would be accommodated.
Cons
As it is a small pharmacy, there were times the daily workload would increase, with it being just the Pharmacist and myself, working it could become quite challenging to keep up with all tasks.
Best job ever
Pharmacy Assistant/technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON7 July 2019
The owners are amazing. Every IDA will be different unless owned by the same owners. In my case the owners were the same for the three individual pharmacies I worked for and honestly they are to this day the best people I ever met and worked for. Amazing bosses and amazing people. They became part of my family. I will always be grateful to have gotten my start with them. I wish everyone could have this kind of job experience because it proves that there's amazing business owners that care about you and your family and will go to extreme measures to help you when you need it. I feel blessed that I was able to work in such an amazing environment with such amazing people.
Pros
Every day was a fre lunch, job security, decent pay, amazing employers, incredible work atmosphere.
Cons
It is a fun and easy-going workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  North York, ON4 April 2019
A workplace is a location where someone works for his or her employer, a place of employment. I believe this workplace taught me a lot. I learned and experience the diversity of a workplace.
fun at work
pharamacist (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON27 March 2019
interested in work
good computer skills
and every company aspect like
compound and medicinal range
long hours work
it is the most enjoyable part of the job
pharmacy assistant
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, ON19 January 2019
I like to communicated with customers, coworkers and supervisor if any issue
Enter patient information and prescriptions into computer system
I can Fill medication orders including measuring, mixing, packaging, labelling and delivering drugs
Maintain appropriate inventory controls and storage of in-date medication stock
Abc
Full time Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London20 December 2018
Ideal working environment
Professionals
Helpful staff & manager
True patient care
Professional development
Help provided in continue education
Healthy work and life balance
good place to work
Pharmalink pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON16 December 2018
the owner is very polite and respective .
the staff is very friendly .
I liked working there as it is very organised place and very professional .
It is a community pharmacy people like to come to say hi and share their stories.
Pros
community pharmacy and everybody so friendly
Love this company
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC16 October 2018
Amazing hours, lovely coworkers, amazing management, dealt with lots of different types of customers, became close with our regulars, small space so you learn your coworkers very quickly
Good Hours, Poor Environment
STUDENT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Brooklin, ON16 July 2018
This location gave me fair hours given that I was a student however did not give me ample training and this resulted in them being frustrated with me when I was uncertain or not confident in doing a task
Amazing relationship all the empoyees
Sales Associate, Pharmacist technician (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 July 2018
I had a great time working at IDA pharmacy. I would get great hours, everyone was very friendly to me and vise versa. I worked there for a year and a half. I would create orders for the stores, I would organize, add items in the systems, I would handle the cash, Western Union was apart of the store which meant that I was handling money constantly, which was great because I am very responsible and careful and with everything and anything around me.

I, later on, got promoted in the store to become the pharmacist technician because of how hard I worked and I caught up with only a few days of training. I would fill prescriptions, label and then pack them.

Everything was great about IDA pharmacy, however, the only reason I had left is that we were not given breaks which was fine with me till we were also no longer allowed to use the bathroom regardless of our shift length. I was not the only one to leave, and I was very sad to leave. However, I also believe that I would like to work where the environment that does not restrict the employees of their basic needs which would include eating or using the bathroom.
Pros
Great co-workers, great managment
Cons
Restrictions on using the bathroom
A relaxing, yet fun and inclusive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Country, BC15 February 2018
At IDA I felt I was a valued employee at all times and the other staff members/ manager treated me with respect. I felt that if I were to continue working there that my career would've continued on to greater heights
Pros
Occasional free lunch or snacks
Cons
Sometimes longer hours and very short breaks
Nice.
Pharmacy Assistant (Training) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2018
Working for this company thought me a lot about myself and the company itself. I enjoyed filling and dispensing the medications given. And making new friends.
Pros
Hours.
Cons
Comminucation
Productive and new working environment.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sicamous, BC16 January 2018
A typical day at work went by pretty fast as it was usually busy. I learned lots of new things such as what the result of taking different prescriptions is and what they are used for. The management was very friendly and productive teaching. The Pharmacist changed while I was employed there and I enjoyed working with both of them. Some of the employees did not make it the most welcoming place to work, which would have been the hardest part of the job. The best was when the more enjoyable employees made it an enjoyable working environment, and helped me learn anything and everything that I could to be better at my job. Overall I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Flexible break times
Cons
1 hour lunch breaks
Pretty good, any problems were minimal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, BC4 January 2018
A really nice place to work,for a starter job or otherwise. There were a few issues between me and some staff members but that was just a personal thing. The best time to work would be in the summer, traffic slows down to a crawl any other time and can get quite boring. Other than that I would say it's a really great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get into the workplace or to slow down.
Pros
great management, great customers
Cons
Boring
Good place to learn
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Friendly co-workers, Good management, very poor facilities in working area condition and lunch room. Gives very good training by employer. Too much deadlines, overall a challenging job. I enjoyed when I was there.
Pros
Free pizza days
Cons
Salary not enough to this kind of job
Amazing place with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Breton, AB1 October 2017
I didn't work here too long but the staff and the customers were amazing people. I also enjoyed all the responsibility that I had. they also have a large variety of beautiful items in their store.
productive, fun environment
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
a very friendly environment. owner is a very professional guy that helps you get the job done according to the bylaws and legislation as much as he can.
Great work place and mangement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2017
Working here taught me some great skills that I will be able to carry with me into future job opportunities regarding customers and working with other people as a team
overworked and underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 August 2017
worked here for 6 months as assistant manager. was promised many things however owner never delivered on promises made. never paid on time and then let go without explanation. when asking to be paid for hours worked and vacation upon dismissal was repeatedly ignored by owner. also never provided with an ROE therefor unable to obtain EI in an appropriate timeframe. due to this have been dealing with financial crisis ever since.
Pros
nice patients
Cons
everything else
Family owned business with strong community connection
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Country, BC23 July 2017
At the forefront of providing excellent personal service to local community members. A great team of dedicated friendly staff , a pleasant work environment.