IDA pharmacy Employee Reviews

Nice.
Pharmacy Assistant (Training) (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2018
Working for this company thought me a lot about myself and the company itself. I enjoyed filling and dispensing the medications given. And making new friends.
Pros
Hours.
Cons
Comminucation
Productive and new working environment.
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sicamous, BC16 January 2018
A typical day at work went by pretty fast as it was usually busy. I learned lots of new things such as what the result of taking different prescriptions is and what they are used for. The management was very friendly and productive teaching. The Pharmacist changed while I was employed there and I enjoyed working with both of them. Some of the employees did not make it the most welcoming place to work, which would have been the hardest part of the job. The best was when the more enjoyable employees made it an enjoyable working environment, and helped me learn anything and everything that I could to be better at my job. Overall I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Flexible break times
Cons
1 hour lunch breaks
Pretty good, any problems were minimal
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sorrento, BC4 January 2018
A really nice place to work,for a starter job or otherwise. There were a few issues between me and some staff members but that was just a personal thing. The best time to work would be in the summer, traffic slows down to a crawl any other time and can get quite boring. Other than that I would say it's a really great place to work and I would recommend it to anyone looking to get into the workplace or to slow down.
Pros
great management, great customers
Cons
Boring
Good place to learn
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2017
Friendly co-workers, Good management, very poor facilities in working area condition and lunch room. Gives very good training by employer. Too much deadlines, overall a challenging job. I enjoyed when I was there.
Pros
Free pizza days
Cons
Salary not enough to this kind of job
Amazing place with great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Breton, AB1 October 2017
I didn't work here too long but the staff and the customers were amazing people. I also enjoyed all the responsibility that I had. they also have a large variety of beautiful items in their store.
productive, fun environment
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC19 September 2017
a very friendly environment. owner is a very professional guy that helps you get the job done according to the bylaws and legislation as much as he can.
Great work place and mangement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 August 2017
Working here taught me some great skills that I will be able to carry with me into future job opportunities regarding customers and working with other people as a team
overworked and underpaid
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 August 2017
worked here for 6 months as assistant manager. was promised many things however owner never delivered on promises made. never paid on time and then let go without explanation. when asking to be paid for hours worked and vacation upon dismissal was repeatedly ignored by owner. also never provided with an ROE therefor unable to obtain EI in an appropriate timeframe. due to this have been dealing with financial crisis ever since.
Pros
nice patients
Cons
everything else
Family owned business with strong community connection
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Country, BC23 July 2017
At the forefront of providing excellent personal service to local community members. A great team of dedicated friendly staff , a pleasant work environment.
Has Good and Bad
Pharmacy Technician Student (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 May 2017
The place is a methadone clinic so the can be quiet a few agitated customers but for the most part everyone is good. The staff are nice, helpful and easy to talk to.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Slow Pace Work
Productive and fun to work with.
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 April 2017
Excellent working environment. My store manager is amazing as well as my co-workers. They are considered family. The best thing about working for the Pharmacy was the amount of skills I have developed. Love the job..
Working here was difficult but overal enjoyed my experience.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC21 March 2017
I enjoyed working at IDA Pharmavy but overall found it hard to work here. We never had staff meetings and issues we had were never verbally addressed by the owner, only other employees or written on a note for everyone to read.
Pros
1 hour lunches, with 2 paid 15 minuet breaks.
Cons
No staff meetings, no manager, issues are not talked about.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON26 February 2017
This job had great hours and the coworkers were fantastic. The job did provide some challenges that allowed me to grow. I would definitely work here again if I hadn't relocated
place to learn and gain knowledge
Volunteer worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2016
i just worked as a volunteer. its a nice place to work i can say and you learn a lot of new things but the only thing i have noticed is that the senior person have some attitude problem.
I only volunteered
Pharmacy Technician Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
Place is very professional with the most welcoming stuff. Knowledge and experience i gained are endless. Location was very busy, but enjoyable.
Calm, organized work place environment
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winfield, BC13 October 2016
Great team, clear direction and organization.
Small town environment allowing one on one connections and strong customer relations.Offered delivery services and postal services.
My experience
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON27 September 2016
A typical day at work would require answering phone calls and sorting through paperwork. My co-workers were the best part of my job. They were very friendly and helpful. Would love to stay but unfortunately too far from home.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
Too far from home
Lacks management and direction
Retail Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON9 August 2016
Personally speaking I wouldn't work for a place like this again strictly based off of the fact that there is little to no direction and no room to advance in the company as seniority is not appreciated.
Not a good work environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 July 2016
The only enjoyable part of this job was being able to interact with customers and stock shelves. It was close to both school and home so it seemed appropriate.
friendly environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2016
the best place to work. my manager was very good and made my work very easy. co-workers were also friendly and always helped me to overcome the difficult tasks.
Pros
free choclates
Cons
long standing