IDA pharmacy

IDA pharmacy Employee Reviews

My day usually started after school it was an say shift and my boss when very flexible with my life and extra activities. I felt the pay was fair for the role I played.
DO NOT WORK HERE. both locations. Montrose and 5 corners. They go through staff like crazy, new manger is unprofessional and does not leave office to do anything. Owners do not care about you. You will not get appreciated for anything, they will never give you a raise no matter how long you’ve been there just expect minimum wage. No room for advancement there. Not a clean environment. Save yourself and do not apply here.
Cons
I enjoy working at this location. The other staff makes it easy to learn the way things are run. I would recommend working here to a friend. There is a lot of interaction with the public here.
Working in IDA Aylmer has been great experience working with very cooperative team under very motivation management. I have learned a lot i was provided opportunity to express myself and provide feedback
Coworkers and managers are fantastic. Very slow paced unless working in pharmacy itself, but can be busy at times. Not really able to move up in company unless aspiring in pharmaceutical field.
managed and organized pharmacy information, tracked incoming packages, organized products on shelves, interacted with customers, managed cash register.
Highly competitive very bias but overall nice environment, clean and bright, flexible hours. Low wage, no room for mistakes as they don’t appreciate new comers
Great Place to work, Nice People I would highly recommend working with this place. Great work environment Respectful People Work any days. Great place
Very nice place to work and learn different things. Staff is really very good always be there to help you during your work. I had a great experience working there.
I truly enjoyed working in this company. The owners are hands on and very supportive to me. Working in the pharmacy was never idle, there are a lot of things to do, from receiving prescriptions, preparing, up to selling the medications. You get to know different kinds of people, face to face transactions and phone inquiry. It develops my Customer Service skills in a way that you can expect that most of the people who are coming are either upset or irate, not with you but with their current situation. It challenges your patience, attentiveness and ability to pacify the customer.
Whether working in the front part of the store or in the pharmacy, the positions were enjoyable and other staff pleasant to work with. Each employee fit well with each other, helpful, courteous, patient when teaching new skills to new employees. Customers appeared to appreciate the way they were treated and many would compliment staff and store on cleanliness, friendliness and knowledge.
Pros
A pot luck lunch would occur once a month and enjoyed by staff. Family was put first so if needed, an employees' need to take time would be accommodated.
Cons
As it is a small pharmacy, there were times the daily workload would increase, with it being just the Pharmacist and myself, working it could become quite challenging to keep up with all tasks.
The owners are amazing. Every IDA will be different unless owned by the same owners. In my case the owners were the same for the three individual pharmacies I worked for and honestly they are to this day the best people I ever met and worked for. Amazing bosses and amazing people. They became part of my family. I will always be grateful to have gotten my start with them. I wish everyone could have this kind of job experience because it proves that there's amazing business owners that care about you and your family and will go to extreme measures to help you when you need it. I feel blessed that I was able to work in such an amazing environment with such amazing people.
Pros
Every day was a fre lunch, job security, decent pay, amazing employers, incredible work atmosphere.
Cons
A workplace is a location where someone works for his or her employer, a place of employment. I believe this workplace taught me a lot. I learned and experience the diversity of a workplace.
interested in work good computer skills and every company aspect like compound and medicinal range long hours work it is the most enjoyable part of the job
I like to communicated with customers, coworkers and supervisor if any issue Enter patient information and prescriptions into computer system I can Fill medication orders including measuring, mixing, packaging, labelling and delivering drugs Maintain appropriate inventory controls and storage of in-date medication stock
Ideal working environment Professionals Helpful staff & manager True patient care Professional development Help provided in continue education Healthy work and life balance
the owner is very polite and respective . the staff is very friendly . I liked working there as it is very organised place and very professional . It is a community pharmacy people like to come to say hi and share their stories.
Pros
community pharmacy and everybody so friendly
Cons
Amazing hours, lovely coworkers, amazing management, dealt with lots of different types of customers, became close with our regulars, small space so you learn your coworkers very quickly
This location gave me fair hours given that I was a student however did not give me ample training and this resulted in them being frustrated with me when I was uncertain or not confident in doing a task
I had a great time working at IDA pharmacy. I would get great hours, everyone was very friendly to me and vise versa. I worked there for a year and a half. I would create orders for the stores, I would organize, add items in the systems, I would handle the cash, Western Union was apart of the store which meant that I was handling money constantly, which was great because I am very responsible and careful and with everything and anything around me. I, later on, got promoted in the store to become the pharmacist technician because of how hard I worked and I caught up with only a few days of training. I would fill prescriptions, label and then pack them. Everything was great about IDA pharmacy, however, the only reason I had left is that we were not given breaks which was fine with me till we were also no longer allowed to use the bathroom regardless of our shift length. I was not the only one to leave, and I was very sad to leave. However, I also believe that I would like to work where the environment that does not restrict the employees of their basic needs which would include eating or using the bathroom.
Pros
Great co-workers, great managment
Cons
Restrictions on using the bathroom
At IDA I felt I was a valued employee at all times and the other staff members/ manager treated me with respect. I felt that if I were to continue working there that my career would've continued on to greater heights
Pros
Occasional free lunch or snacks
Cons
Sometimes longer hours and very short breaks
  1. Employee reviews