ICSS
Happiness score is 54 out of 100

ICSS Employee Reviews

Canada52 reviews

Rewarding place to work

Good place to work, busy, your day just flys buy most days. Fun working with the clients. Full time is available to whoever wants to work the hours.

Great place to work, fun staff, supportive team

I worked at ICSS for 5 years 4 years as a supervisor and 1 year as a front line staff at their community participation program. My team both as a supervisor and front line were fantastic. Everyone was supportive and helpful of one another. When I was a front line staff my supervisor was fantastic and was always willing to help or provide advice. When I was a supevisor my managers door was always open and she was always willing to listen. The Directors always seemed busy but they always had time to hear what you had to say. I would still be working here aside for the fact that with the pandemic my position shifted a bit as a supervisor to also include being on call eveinings and weekends for their respite home, which became hard for my family life. They always had staff appreciation days and months and really seemed to care about the staffs happiness. Working both front line and supervisor here I saw both sides and could really see how hard managment worked for thier staff. I would recommend anyone wanting to work in this field to give ICSS a try as it is really a great organization.

Pros

Caring management, staff appreciation, wage increases, caring team members

Cons

On-call shift work (normal for this field though)

Rewarding and Great Experience

I began working for ICSS earlier this year as a residential support worker. I've enjoyed my time with the agency and feel very supported by my supervisor and coworkers.Depending on your skills and comfort, there are different job opportunities available. Working with the many different clients is very rewarding. I have always felt the clients needs and best interests are top priority.

Pros

Competative pay

Cons

Shift work

Amazing experience with my Clients

I had a very good experience working as a DD Community Support Worker at ICSS. It was a fast paced environment but also enjoyable especially with the clients. Each client is unique, and working with them made my time at ICSS memorable and fun. I was fortunate to have worked with a supervisor and manager that I got on very well with. I felt supported and motivated when I had a challenging incident, one of the directors even gave me her orange juice to help me out. The farm supervisor is awesome and very knowledgeable. I learnt a lot from her. The only thing that I feel ICSS should improve upon is their Insurance premiums, it can be a lot better.

Pros

I Love the clients, they make my day so much fun and enjoyable. Pay is guaranteed and competitive too.

Cons

High Insurance Premium

Bad place to work at I would avoid it at all cost

This is far the worst place I have worked at. Management over work you get you to cover as many shifts as possible but do not care about you. All they care about is their residents. Staff are always gossiping about each other toxic environment to be working in. I would not recommend for ICSS. One of the worst company’s ever. Staff don’t like doing activities with clients nor interact with them as much.

Pros

The day goes by fast

Cons

Poor management and also very rude management.

Long Time Employee

I’ve worked at ICSS for 7 years now. Time flies so quickly! I can honestly say that I’ve had a good time working for this agency. They take into consideration Christmas/New Years Holidays for staff as that can be important to some. They treat their individuals amazingly! They provide paid vacation time for full time staff (not to mention the extra vacation days added on per year once you’ve reached 5 years with ICSS). I would recommend ICSS if you are a hard/dedicated worker who is positive and ready to provide the best care for individuals and open to adapt, problem solve, and learn.

Pros

Amazing coworkers, the clients, benefits

Cons

Staff turnover :(

17 August 2021
Thank you for your great review! We appreciate you! We hope you are with ICSS for many more years to come!

Completely satisfied :))

I have been working with ICSS for over 11 years as front line staff. I have no desire to ‘move up’ although the opportunity presents itself. My clients & working with them are the reason I am there. I have tremendous respect for the management because I feel respected by them. Love their open door policy & also very supported by them to take initiative in my role.High paced & challenging. Professional & completely fulfilling :)

Pros

I work overnights, therefore I am able to be there with clients to give them a great start to their day :)

Cons

Staff turn over :(

17 August 2021
11 years! That is wonderful! We have many long-term staff like yourself who we respect and appreciate.

I love this agency!

I absolutely love this agency. I have been here for years now, and I have never had a bad experience. I was honestly shocked at reading the negative reviews, because I've experienced something so positive in being employed with ICSS. I feel supported, cared about, and heard by my supervisor and management. I feel like the atmosphere is very team-oriented and friendly. On top of that, all the individuals at the agency are super special and amazing. I feel like it's such a wonderful little community with a positive environment, and I couldn't ask for working at a better agency. I am so grateful to be with ICSS!!

Pros

You are supported by your supervisor, amazing individuals, positive environment.

Cons

This is the baddest work experience in my life

Not organized company .they treat you so bad when it come to ask about your rights, you not allowed to speak or contact you home,you don’t have the right to ask questions Your breaks must take them when you watch the patient and if the patient have accidents you must clean it while you are eating .

Pros

No good things

Cons

Not organize organization, long shifts, if a workerdid not show up you mus stay and work another shif with no over time paymen.

9 July 2021
ICSS actually encourages our employees to speak up as their views or opinions can only help us improve. We also encourage regular breaks while on shift as we realize the importance of breaks as it can only result in staff performing at their optimal level.

Dedicated to service and organized work environment.

I had a great time working for ICSS! Staff were nice and supervisors were professional. The Human Resources Administrator is incredibly organized and warm. Overall great organization to work for.

Ticking time bomb

This type of work is extremely honorable and can be very fulfilling. The residents are top priority with this agency. Management is working hard to make sure staff get the pay that they deserve. However, there is a crippling problem with how little management value individual workers, how they treat their staff, and how they go about solving conflicts and concerns. I was there for a long time because I believed in what I did and because I am a devoted and loyal employee. What concerns me the most is how this impacts the residents that live in the homes. Staff turnover is high and there is so much stress and discontent and these poor individuals who need consistancy in their lives suffer because of it. There are no opportunities for advancement and I have seen amazing employees get demoralized and torn apart by upper management.

Pros

Variety of opportunities in front line

Cons

Micromanagement, high turn-over and disconnected management

9 July 2021
Yes, the residents are definitely the top priority but so are the ICSS staff. This agency values each and everyone of our employees and tell them often. It's unfortunate when employees are informed of performance issues or co-worker concerns but they are not receptive and feel they do no wrong. However, management must always do their due diligence and address very important issues that affect not only the residents but other workers.

Manager can’t spell and mislead

Was very hesitant about applying due to “rumours” about management, but gave the benefit of the doubt. Management is terrible, unprofessional, can’t spell, and very misleading. It’s a shame vulnerable people (and their families) such as those they service are at the mercy of such managers who can’t manage. Thank goodness I now work for a better company elsewhere.

Pros

The clients

Cons

The people who run this agency

Literally the worst job I have ever had.

Straight from the beginning, it was horrible. Management told me they would get back to me after the interview within a week and then I had to basically chase them down a couple weeks after. Management was extremely degrading and did not care AT ALL about their employees. I realize we were there to help the residents, but you still need to take care of your employees. For sick days, you had to call and call and call until you spoke with management directly, an email or voicemail did not suffice. It is difficult to get a hold of someone if you're ill, let alone someone who never answers their phone. When I gave my two weeks notice (after only a couple months - could not sand it there), one of the managers snatched my resignation letter right out of my hand and screamed "I KNEW IT" and barged out of the room. While some staff are fantastic, management is AWFUL and I honestly think that people leaving 5 stars here were paid to do so or are management themselves.

Pros

Great residents

Cons

lack of respect from management

Disgraceful organization

Truly the worst social services program I have ever seen. Ego is the driving factor when it comes to management. As well as providing inadequate resources for the needs of the individuals who are cared for. Management is the central problem with this agency. They are verbally and emotionally abusive towards staff. I witnessed a supervisor berate a staff member because that staff had discovered a med error that the supervisor had made. I witnessed a supervisor tell a staff member not to "worry their pretty little head" about a highly significant behavioural issue. They are condescending, sexist and radically uneducated. They hold a belief that schizophrenia can somehow be cured by ignoring schizophrenia. Truly insane, dangerous and abusive. Shame on the management and those above management who encourage this destructive behavior.

Pros

The individuals residing in this facility.

Cons

Ego driven, abusive management.

23 October 2020
Management touches base with staff on a regular basis to ensure they are happy with their position, with their supervisor, with agency resources... and would never tolerate condescending and sexist behaviour. It's unfortunate this former employee had this experience because we always work with our staff to ensure a healthy, productive and inclusive workplace. The individuals we support are of the utmost importance, it's why we do what we do and equally important are the great staff that we have that support and care for the individuals.

Clients are great

The clients were great, most coworkers were good as long as they weren't friends with management or your EVERY MOVE was watched. The find reasons to fire people who step up and properly advocate for the well being of their clients. Very stressful place and no support management.

Pros

Pay wasnt bad, benefits werent bad, clients were wonderful

Cons

Awful support, awful upper management.

9 July 2021
ICSS will do its due diligence first and evaluate all the facts before terminating an employee as it is never a joy to do such a thing.

Rewarding and fun work environment

Working at the ICSS farm was an amazing experience. The clients and the workers really make the job what it is. Everyone there loves their jobs and you can really tell. It's a really fun place to work, and I miss it a lot. There were a lot of opportunities to try new things and do different aspects of the job. Management is super helpful and pay was always on time, (if not a day early). Working with the clients was the best part of the job, and I've learnt so much from them and my time at ICSS. I highly recommend working here.

Meaningful work, great management and coworkers.

I would recommend ICSS to anyone looking for a secure, meaningful, challenging job. It is an open-minded culture. Management are approachable, honest and fair and strive for what's best for not only its employees but for the individuals they support. I wanted to write a review as a long time employee. Seeing the negative reviews is unfortunate because my experience and the experiences of my coworkers has been nothing but positive.

Pros

Great management, meaningful work.

9 July 2021
Thank you for this positive comment. We value our current employees and certainly value former employees like yourself.

Horrible managment

Unless you want to be belittled by managment I suggest you avoid. I worked in 2 different programs for this company and both are equally horrible. Managmeny is two-faced and have a hatred for young staff. You have absolutely no ability to think for yourself and make decisions based on judgement. They do not care about your previous experience and education as managment is never wrong. They will treat you like garbage , but then bring donuts and act like nothing ever happened. Managment will also gang up on you often putting you in a 3:1 situation with HR. Even when management does not have their facts straight you're not able to explain yourself because managment is never wrong. The working conditions are dangerous and typically leave houses understaffed with total care residents. You also lack job security because you can be fired for the dumbest reasons. Voiced a logical opinion that could make the lifes of residents easier? Fired. Disagree with your supervisor due to a previous experience or previous training? Fired. Do your job exactly how its suppose to be done? Fired. Absolutely no job security. The only people who do well in this company are 'yes ma'am/sir' kind of people. Dont come into this company with an opinion or a voice because you wont go far.

Pros

Coworkers, Residents, Free Parking, Paid Training

Cons

Managment, Pay, Hours, Work Load

14 August 2020
It is truly unfortunate that comments on Indeed are only negative from individuals who are not happy with their work environment. As we know, people that are happy and positive unfortunately don't often put positive comments on Indeed because they don't feel the need due to being content. It is also unfortunate that when individuals put comments there is no way for Indeed to verify the information the individual has posted and most businesses prefer not to get into this type of correspondence. With over 200 staff it is unfortunate that a few are unhappy. We truly do try to work with staff in resolving issues that may have.

Oppressive management

The management used intimidation and threats with the employees. When you had to call in sick, there was a rule in place that you have to look for a replacement for your shift, and if you didn't, you would have to go to work sick. You had to be a friend to the management or be the tattle tale on your colleagues to be in their good books. Worked for a while and had to leave, as i realized it was not a conducive place to work in.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Not allowed by management to be in a union.

14 August 2020
Employees do not have to get their shift covered if they are sick. We understand employees get sick and certainly would not require them to get their shift covered. We wouldn't risk the health of individuals we support as well as other staff by requiring staff to come to work sick.

Not worth it

This company does not appreciate the hard work their employees give, myself and several other people I know did not enjoy our experience, instead of supporting their employees they lay them off with no explanation

What a joke

This place is redicouls, they seem all squeaky clean from the outside looking in but their awful. The supervisors are selective with their favorite employees it really is like walking back into high school. The director of the program is probably the most unprefessinal one there I caught her speaking about one of our participants in such a poor manner I could not believe it. I was so happy when I got hired here I was so hopeful and ended up in such dissatisfaction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICSS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement