ICS Courier

ICS Courier Employee Reviews

okay place to work

My experience working at ICS Courier was okay when out on road. When in the shop the Boss is nothing but a bully and threatens you all the time about your job. I found it to be very stressful going to work first thing in morning and after doing run stress full because of the boss. My co-workers were a great bunch to work with, But I would never recommend my friends to work there basically because of the boss.

Don’t waste your time.

First couple of days of training, zero time to learn the route. Too many stops to complete in the allotted eight hours, training drivers driving 20 km over the posted speed limit all day long. Almost involved in a major collision on about day three. Very condescending and arrogant manager. Stay away.

Pros

Cons

See above

Poorly managed

Don't worst place I've ever work very stressful because you little pay and expects you to break the law speed go places you shouldn't drive really stressful environment don't ever work there

Pros

Cons

Long hours for paycheck stressful boss

Busy but fairly divided work load

Supervisor was very helpful , just needed safe and efficient work practices. Union shop , so wages were good. Was there as a temp so didn’t get in union . I left because I was not able to lift the heavier boxes but would say they treated me well and I appreciated the friendly coworkers

Pros

Good hours and pay

Cons

None that come to mind

Nothing to say

Because nothing good comes out of this. Do not respect when someone is going through a mental disorder or breakdown. Very inconsiderate from them to not give the resource

Very productive & fun place to eofk

Very great courier company to work for Always looking after employees needsAlways looking after security measures for its employees Always there to help out !

I liked being part of the team.

It was a great route with friendly customers and staff was always helpful. I thought I would be there still and would be had the covid 19 virus came along.

Pros

Easy and streamlined route to drive.

Cons

Late Freight

Horrible.

Their ethics can not be trusted. Their error on a minor scratch accident was reported as $25k damage. Error or deliberate false report? They then harassed me out the door and gave me a very bad settlement because the union is in the company 's pocket.

Great company to work for learned many skils jow to scn boxes look up adress on google and friendly coworkers ...............................................................

Je travail

Je vais juste trouvé un boulot comme chauffeur classe 5 plus pouvez me contacté

Typical work day

Shift begins at 1am. My shift begins with a pre sort of materials, then a secondary sort which includes sorting into individual routes for delivery.First break is at 2:30am.After break I scan materials to individual customers for deliveries.Dinner break in between is at 4:00 am, however, I've on many occasions opted out of this break if we are short handed and running a little behind.Remainder of my shift would involve a continuation of scanning and placing all materials in order to be delivered by our drivers.Shift ended at 9:30am, however, I've stayed on longer when there were days that the air mail has been delayed, or late delivery of freight due to inclement weather.

Pros

2 paid 15 minute breaks, overnight bonus premium

Cons

warehouse missing air conditioning

Great management, positive environment, busy but very laid back

I worked for ICS Courier in Calgary, AB for 8 1/2 years. I had my own route which I enjoyed getting to know customers on a daily basis. Was a medium to low stress job

Pros

Great company, great customers, great route

Good Starter company

My time at ICS was good, I had many opportunities to be promoted, the only downfall is they are currently going through numerous corporate restructures, and that is why I am now looking for a new career.

Micro Moody Manager

Edmonton was great to work at. Great people and great management. Calgary had a moody micro manager. I worked to hard and didn't get paid enough to get nagged at for petty things, so it was time to go.

Pros

I like the social aspect

Cons

Management in Calgary

Slave-drivers

Advantage was having a route that was fairly similar everyday however there were always new stops to go to which was fine except that the routes were already arduous then in December the route was overrun with new stops and I had 12 hour days all month which management did nothing to help shorten.

Cons

Too stingy to fix scanners to make resequencing route easier.

ics tres controlant

travail sous contrat tres exigent bien contant dans etre sorti vivant

Pros

travailleur autonome moin controlant

Cons

ne peut pas manquer une journee, sous contrat, a la vie a la mort, tu est responsable de ta route a 100 p our 100, mais c est eu qui decide ta route.

Loved it

Learned the city and area management was great and resourceful co workers we long time employees organized up to date in technology

Pros

Good pay and benefits

enjoy working with others

When I start to work I need to organized all the mail in my area before a start to sort. I learned or encounter the customers that need to create the accounts, the procedure of the management they are good and nice to work with co-workers, they are friendly and they are helping if you a question regarding to your job. I can handle the pressure if those pick up mail will come late in the warehouse, need to audit and scanned before packing and send out. When every things are done, clean up the work place that I worked and I'm happy working every day because I like my job.

Pros

not a big deal if always busy

Cons

no problem if long hours

all around nice place to work

I love my job and would like to stay in the same field if possible. I get along with everyone , I enjoy meeting new people and consider my self a people person.The hardest part is driving in to cambridge every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICS Courier. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9