ICON plc

ICON plc Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
Highly stimulating place to work
A typical day involves being in work at 6AM to cater for some of my team located in India. The rest of my team of 13 are based in various regions in the EU so the early start also benefits my EU team. I support my team with various queries regarding clinical investigator contracts, legal,tax, and payment queries. I am also excellent technically and provide support to my team in various systems. I am responsible for providing report metrics to the group director to determine team progress and trend on these on a monthly basis. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a great team. I am a people person and enjoy pushing each member of my team to achieve their full potential, This has been a challenge with me now being located in Canada but I feel I have managed to successfully continue to influence my team even though I am now based in a different time zone. The hardest part of my job is meeting client deadlines as my team rely on various functional groups to meet targets and so the process is not 100% within my teams control.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Role is highly stressful 100% of the time
Fun and interesting work experience
Very interesting place to work.Friendly working environment, bring out he best in you with good training.The staffs and Management are excellent.What a memorable experience
Équilibre de vie
Compagnie qui encourage l'équilibre. Scie qui est très flexible sur les conditions de travail
Salary/Benefits seem excellent from the outside but not once you are in the meat grinder
At first glance this may seem like the dream job but after several months you will soon find out the scope of how you are to be used in their organization. Management truly believes they are on your side and have your best interest at heart but you are just a number in this organization. There are many good people working for this company but they are also stuck in the machine with you and you will begin to see how it affects everyone over time. In the job description it mentions you may be required to work additional hours on occasion to meet important task/deadlines and such but in reality they expect you to work 20+ hours extra on a regular basis without compensation or acknowledgement of your extra time. If you are single and have no social life then this may be a perfect fit for you but if you have a family or outside obligations they will take the toll for your long hours in the office.

To describe a typical day is not easy but in essence you start the day dreading how much work will be piled onto the mountain and end the day knowing you have only made a small dent in the workload and will never be capable of finishing it all unless you do put in double the hours. Work is routinely brought home or continued remotely through the on-line company links to your system, but as there is no visible log associated to your timesheet it is never recognized as being done.

In short, great pay/benefits if you are willing to give over your life/free time to the company. Not a work environment for family oriented/active people as most positions require long hours without
 - more...
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long hours without compensation