ICF Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
ICF is a company looking to find its identify. It has crossed the line of being a small company to being part of a larger organization. Many people don't like change, if you are someone who is looking for status quo this is not the place for you. This company is for people looking to make an impact by getting involved, by bringing/ offering solutions to pretty complex work.
I find people who are negative about this company have simply not changed with the changing environment and it's likely time for them to make a move.
It is an okay place. Management is considerate and easy to relate too, just not transparent for the most part on job advancement. we get free lunch sometimes.
Pros
relaxed place to make money to pay bills
Cons
Job is a routine so could easily get bored
Fun

Good management

Employer ownership

Fast paced

Focused

Enlighting

Good

Socialble

Independent

Not micromanaged

Respect

Loyalty

Minor frictions
Was once a great place to work but recent corporate changes as well as new leadership have been detrimental to the office.

Turnover is very high as people are leaving en masse.

Managers have a like it or leave attitude to anyone who questions management or policies.

Free beer and Friday lunches don't make up for a lack of respect for employees

RUN!
Pros
Beer on tap, Free Friday lunches
Cons
Very cliquey, Executive team is rarely around and does not respect employees
I was initially hesitant accepting a job as a Contact Centre Representative but doing so was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The management is encouraging and considerate, my coworkers are like family, and the work is is challenging enough to stay interesting yet continually rewarding. I have been here for almost 2 years and look forward to what future years will bring.
Pros
Health benefits, great coworkers, considerate management
Cons
Low chance for advancement
I’ve worked at ICF for about 8 months now and have had nothing but a pleasant experience. Everyone here is always in a good mood and very friendly. Definitely a good place to work at!
Pros
Friendly work environment, free snacks.
I started with ICF (Olson) in Ottawa almost 2 years ago, and it has been a fantastic experience.
Some of the other reviews here are from early or prior to 2016 - a lot has changed since then. There is new management, and a very different atmosphere than back then.

The culture is very dynamic - an incredibly respectful atmosphere. The work they do is important and provides me a sense of accomplishment and giving back to my community every day.

My leader, and the people I work with are friendly, supportive and generous. I have learned a great deal in my time here, and continue to learn from the incredible people around me.

Highly recommend anyone work for ICF / ICF Olson.
Pros
Great group of people doing important work in the community.
Cons
None.
ICF Olson is a great company to work for. Lots of room for advancement. Great people and great atmosphere. Excellent work/life balance. No weekends!

New management as of September 2016, which has greatly increased the positive dynamic of the Contact Centre!
It only took me one day of training to realize the big mistake I have made. They expected us to memorize everything in one day training and get on the daily routine the next day. It is simply impossible. The trainer was very very aggressive and arrogant. Talked to us like we weren't smart enough. Very hostile environment. If you wanna be respected and if you know your worth, do not work for this cheap company. They don't care about you and will make feel miserable. And they will fire you if they can find someone else. Also, if you don't like to be bossed around, this is not the place for you. I quit on my first day and couldn't be happier.
Pros
No pros. I mean it.
Cons
Bad bad management, arrogant trainer, awful environment
Great company to work for. Loving the experience. People were great and work was challenging. People were very smart.