ICF Employee Reviews

Great People Doing Great Things
Contact Centre Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
I was initially hesitant accepting a job as a Contact Centre Representative but doing so was one of the best decisions I’ve made. The management is encouraging and considerate, my coworkers are like family, and the work is is challenging enough to stay interesting yet continually rewarding. I have been here for almost 2 years and look forward to what future years will bring.
Pros
Health benefits, great coworkers, considerate management
Cons
Low chance for advancement
Friendly work environment
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2018
I’ve worked at ICF for about 8 months now and have had nothing but a pleasant experience. Everyone here is always in a good mood and very friendly. Definitely a good place to work at!
Pros
Friendly work environment, free snacks.
Contact Centre (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
I started with ICF (Olson) in Ottawa almost 2 years ago, and it has been a fantastic experience.
Some of the other reviews here are from early or prior to 2016 - a lot has changed since then. There is new management, and a very different atmosphere than back then.
The culture is very dynamic - an incredibly respectful atmosphere. The work they do is important and provides me a sense of accomplishment and giving back to my community every day.
My leader, and the people I work with are friendly, supportive and generous. I have learned a great deal in my time here, and continue to learn from the incredible people around me.
Highly recommend anyone work for ICF / ICF Olson.
Pros
Great group of people doing important work in the community.
Cons
None.
Ottawa Contact Centre
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 March 2018
ICF Olson is a great company to work for. Lots of room for advancement. Great people and great atmosphere. Excellent work/life balance. No weekends!

New management as of September 2016, which has greatly increased the positive dynamic of the Contact Centre!
DO NOT work here
Phone rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 June 2016
It only took me one day of training to realize the big mistake I have made. They expected us to memorize everything in one day training and get on the daily routine the next day. It is simply impossible. The trainer was very very aggressive and arrogant. Talked to us like we weren't smart enough. Very hostile environment. If you wanna be respected and if you know your worth, do not work for this cheap company. They don't care about you and will make feel miserable. And they will fire you if they can find someone else. Also, if you don't like to be bossed around, this is not the place for you. I quit on my first day and couldn't be happier.
Pros
No pros. I mean it.
Cons
Bad bad management, arrogant trainer, awful environment
Smart people work here
Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada8 June 2014
Great company to work for. Loving the experience. People were great and work was challenging. People were very smart.