Icebreaker

Icebreaker Employee Reviews

Canada4 reviews
Very chill and fun
Everyone wants you to succeed and if you need help they won't hesitate providing it. The work environment is very laid back, so it doesn't add any stress to your life. And most importantly, it's fun working there.
Ice cream scooper
The management was terrible, they intimidated they're staff. A girl was screamed at for putting the signs away 5 minutes early, so was so traumatized that she quit.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Sustainable product - love selling
Great product that you are happy to sell. Transpercy report so you can see it all.
Training and coaching provides you the skills needed in a formal way.
A typical day in the shop would be open up and do the tills/check emails. Then open the doors and work the floor. During slow times I would do mini product knowledge/ scenarios with the staff on the floor.

I learned how to become a better leader and how to deal with difficult employees.

The higher management was great when I started but unfortunately dipped after my first year due to structural changes. Unfortunately didn't align with my values as the current management did.

Started out having an amazing work life balance but after structural changes there was a definite change in that work life balance unfortunately.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting incredible customers and helping them get geared up for their adventures ahead!!