Ice River Sustainable Solutions

Ice River Sustainable Solutions Employee Reviews

Difficult culture with emphasis on day to day and not strategic and continuous improvement. Resources are absent and expectations are unresonable with slim work force at the frontline.
Started as a line operater then moved into other jobs. Lots of people come and go from the company. Hard to build a team when you teammates are always changing. Same thing with supervisors and managers always changing. The work is not hard just repetitive boring. Working conditions are poor at best of time. You are dealing with garbage or recycling as they call it. the smells bad during warm hot weather is brutal. Pay and benifits should be much better for what employes have to put up with. and the bonus system is a joke. targets to high and machines always broken, not fair at all. Biggest challenge was lack of leadership. employes are talked to like children alwyas being put down. Ask a leader a question you are lucky if you get answer. Manager not approachable. I do not recommend.
Pros
some friendly people, free water sometimes
Cons
shifts, wages, bonus, benifits, trainning, supervisors, management
If u r desperate for work then by all means. worked there 2 and a half years. very stressful at times. machines constantly breaking down. management attitude poor.
Horrible place to work. Depending on your position you may or may not get relieved for breaks and lunch, which requires you to catch up when you return, which at times can take until your next break. safety measures are a joke. employee safety concerns are never taken seriously. your work boots and feet get soaked almost daily due to constant flooding from equipment.
Cons
pay, management, unsafe environment
I was given a “management” position without management pay or management benefits. My shift was 7:00am to 3:30pm but I was expected to stay until 5:00pm unpaid. The Branch Manager actually said to me. “I don’t like clock watchers” he also was very inappropriate with me, making me feel very uncomfortable numerous times. I was sent on a work trip to Toronto where the branch manager actually tried to get me into his hotel room.
This line of work is hard and stressful not much time to do life actives long hours and hard to get a sleep schedule witch it the hardest part about this job
Terrible Managers ... Micro managing. Wont let you make your own decisions.when you do dont matter how good they it was never used.Especially by the owners
Very immature and unprofessional. Hire and fire on a whim. No leadership. Hypocrisy at the highest level regarding environmental issues. Complete lack of ethics and morals.
- "A monkey can do your job" that was how other departments think of QA job., and you literally clean everywhere everywhere except the washroom, how nice. - The pay I want to give 0 star, don't want to talk about it anymore. - The QA manager was very supportive and helpful
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ice River Sustainable Solutions?
a typical day was a 6-6 either am or pm. Depending on the shift you had a crew of 4 people on the line and during the day shift you have the office people in the building too. I spent time filling the label machine up and going through good and bad bottles. During the day shift we cleaned the line for 2-5 hrs depending on the day and what type of clean it was. It was an easy going workplace, follow the rules and procedures and everything ran smoothly.
A cabinet maker and a fish farmer started a company..enough said. Don't expect to see any advancing even if you have worked there for 10 years. Management is a joke.
Management is so unbearably incompetent. Manager fires employees for arbitrary reasons such as disagreeing or arguing with him on simple things and then *laughs* when people say they worry about job security. "Oh yah, we're just rushing to fire people here at Ice River," the palpable sarcasm of which is highlighted by the insanity that is their unbelievably high turnover rate - literally, I didn't believe the turnover was actually so high until shortly after I started when the manager confirmed it himself. The interview is fine and everyone's polite and great until you start the job. Manager acts like he's "one of the operators" (despite not knowing how to run a single machine), interviewers (plant support coordinator and production supervisor) have nothing but nice things to say about him, "oh, he's not stuck-up or anything, he's a friendly guy, doesn't feel like a 'boss' at all!" They're lenient on start dates and very understanding of different situations with your current job/situation - very much a "we're all friends here" feeling. Until you're hired - and you will be because no one stays so they are literally *always* urgently hiring. They cancel shifts *constantly*. I mean, you are lucky to work two days a week. Their shift schedule is constantly changing - 12 hour shifts, pretty decent, regular shift cancellations but the bills are paid. Cut to 6-8 hour shifts still regular shift cancellations, the heat in summer is unbearable but you need to pay your bills and you'll go back to 12 hours eventually - the manager promised. Cut back to 12 hour shifts but weekly - more...
Always looking over your shoulder always expect to be blamed for things and expect them to run faulty machinery some people are super nice to you and others but lots are burned out and others are all for the drama would recommend working here if you need the money but otherwise looked for a more healthy job
If u want a job like working in a sweat shop here u go . Minimal training for maitance or line workers who are then blamed when machines break . Manager holds thouse ppl responsible as it is there fault he is the one asking to violoate safety procedures just to keep the line going in othersords itscnot in the budget There forklifts are no where near safe Ice rivers cares first about making minuscule then safety not right safety should always been your first priority thanks
In this company the quality and sanitation group is the same.They hired me as a quality control technician, but the first thing that they ask me to do is cleaning the floor! Every day for 2 weeks, I cleaned the company in the morning and in the afternoon we did quality tasks like microbial test with our dirty clothes.
Picky people only pick what they want no matter how certified you are. Come on guys get a grip. I think if everyone one who worked there was smart, they all would leave this place to shut down.
If you enjoy an unorganized, highly unsanitary work environment with zero employee communication and a dysfunctional management team, look no further. However, if you are searching for professional and motivating employment, you're looking in the wrong place. A dead end company with minuscule room for employee growth. Suggestions and feedback from production associates are consistently ignored by superiors. Management has a "my way or the highway" mentality, creating a revolving door for most newcomers. The workplace atmosphere among production associates can be compared to a high school sitcom. Meaningless illusions of seniority from self entitled co workers. . Above everything, the recent Plant Manager is a walking power trip. He expects perfection from ill-equipped staff and patrols the factory floor with an iron fist. But hey...we got free water. Overall 2/10.
Worst place I’ve ever worked, it’s like going back to highschool. If you work hard you will be punished by your co workers. Management picks favorites who can do no wrong.
If you show initiative and are a hard worker stay away, the pay is low the hours are long and the management is terrible. If you work hard you make yourself a target for other employees. If you have a safety concern they will treat it like a personal attack. It’s where happiness goes to die. When I quit it felt like a giant weight had been lifted.
Has to be one of the most poorly run place I have ever seen. Treat staff like garbage. Do not look out for employees. Management is incompetent and do not communicate and when they do you can guarantee that it is false information. Very high employee turn over rate. People never show up for their shifts because they are so unappreciated. Give 2 coffee breaks on a 12 shifts. All staff are miserable as it is the unhappiest place by far. Extremely poor working conditions and while they like to promote employee safety it is only an issue if it is cheap like ear plugs or something. But if it is important and costs money they turn a blind eye and would let you die before spending any money Avoid like the plague
Calgary management is horrible. No leadership or advancement. Dispatch says they know what they are doing but are always lost. Treat you well if you are willing to work 75 hours a week while always being understaffed. Avoid the place at all costs.