Ice River Springs Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Management (Former Employee) –  Ontario25 March 2019
This company has ongoing staffing and cultural issues as you can see in the other reviews. There is no work life balance as you are expected to be available all hours of the day and night including your vacation.

My suggestion for people looking for a job is do not apply
Pros
There are some benefits
Cons
To many to list
Love this place
Accounting Associate - Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON27 February 2019
Family operated business ,I was always supported in my role .The office culture was happy and encouraged team work.
The corporate culture encouraged a zero carbon footprint .
Productive and decent first job
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 January 2019
The crew and the employees are nice but the pay is a bit low for the work intensity. Managers are decent and easy going as long as you don't make any costly mistakes.
Pros
Very good facility and clean & organized plant
Cons
The company is cheap in terms of benefits and pay for the work.
Great Environment
Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Amaranth, ON22 September 2018
Working there was enjoyable. The plant manager was polite and treated you with respect. He always gave you the chance to explain yourself if things went wrong, but that rarely happened. You're given a chance to prove yourself and he will always have total faith in you from the start. It is an easy job and when things are going well, honestly you will get a little bored, but you will always have something to do regardless of whether things are going well.
Yikes
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Milton21 September 2018
Started out just fine,, but then the junk fell out of the trunk.Was hired as a millwright but was reduced to operator status cause they couldn’t keep any quality people so was permanently under stafffed so being the good guy that I am I covered for them,, became shipper/receiver,general labour, electricians,, janitor,security guard,operator, quality assurance ,, only to be shunned by management . Don’t believe the hype ther selling,,they will burn you for OT if they can,,but your expected to work it
No short term disability even though I was told ther was, all in was a poor place to work
Pros
Cons
Will throw you under the bus if it suits them
Work is ok but management is at best poor (needs training)
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ameranth12 September 2018
The Amaranth bottled water plant is a fast paced workplace with high production. This is well and good but locals know it by reputation and so Ice river springs can't get workers. Let this be your fist hint of poor leadership and an unstable workplace. The pay is fair and you'll work for it, yet expect sudden changes like shift changes, cut short work day(s) due to poor planning and/or machine breakdown that happen too often. The plant was put together too fast and without solid planning resulting in uncomfortable work conditions and prone to problems without backup plans. Training is a joke and direction is up an icy river without a paddle. These conditions will affect your planning personal schedules and income plans. Most of these problems can be attributed to the arrogance of poor direction and no communication from upper management. There is an over lying unhappy blanket with workers as they know this is as good as it get here.
Pros
Pay range is ok for region
Cons
Arogent management warning!
An excellent place to work if you can get along with everyone.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON7 September 2018
I really enjoyed working there. The owner is a very nice person, the supervisors, worked to help everyone with line problems, production delays. Very nice people,
Pros
Cheap water
Cons
Long hours, fast pace, forklifts were never maintained regularly
water packaging plant in Feversham, On
packer, siapi, palletizer, filler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON4 September 2018
The location i worked at went down hill very quickly. The job itself is fairly easy and managable, although the management is horrible..theres no real direction in the production and orders change within the hour so theres not always a set plan for the production schedule. Also, for being a beverage plant, it definitely is not kept appropriately sanitary..for example, septic has backed up onto the floor surrounding the production lines twice in the three years that i worked there, and we were still expected to run the lines. Sanitation crew does there job weekly, but the maintenance is also not good, takes upwards of an hour to get them to respond to their call from the line, and even so, a solution is not always found.. the best thing about ice river is that the majority of the people there are very friendly, so that definitely helps a 12 hour shift go by quicker.
Pros
friendly crews
Cons
bad maintenance, not sanitary, long hours
Challenging
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada14 August 2018
In 7 plants the company had, I believe in 1 year there were 12 or 13 different plant managers. The company ownership truly made their managers feel like imbeciles. They either fired or chased anyone out who was able to think for themselves.
Pros
Virtually no competition for their product.
Cons
Terrible ownership.
I was fun to work for such challenges
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
I worked in different positions from manufacturing to quality assurance to quality control. It was very busy environment which required time managed schedule.
fast pace
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Feversham, ON2 July 2018
Go go go mentality, a lot of quick fixes to keep the machines running, not given time to fix properly.all about numbers and a lot of finger pointing. Pay is okay, benefits okay. but the is no pension or rrsp that the company offers
Pros
free water all day
Cons
not alot of training
Permanent Schedule you can plan a life around
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Feversham15 June 2018
At Ice River they have a schedule that does not change so you can easily plan your life a year out if you want, they have a competitive hourly wage for the area and there is lots of room for advancement,, , most of the management team came from the plant floor and grew with the company. If your looking for somewhere you can plan your life without fear of the schedule changing and want a consistent 80 hours per 2 week pay period this might be the job for you
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
For a factory there really are any
Tim Hortons is better than this
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON12 June 2018
Started and ended yesterday. Worst place to work at. The employees are great though. Management is not. Went for an interview and was told I would experience both shifts days/afternoons and then I would be allowed to choose afterwards of what shift I wanted to be on. So got hired and asked to confirm about picking a shift and was told no that’s not how it works as I would be on rotating shifts of days and afternoons. Unorganized, lack of training, 9 hr shifts, early start times, employees even warned me after I started and said that I should of checked on here for the reviews before I said yes.
I’m not an angry employee I just saw way too many red flags and don’t like being told one thing and a few days later told something else. Just like all the other reviews say.....Run away unless you really need a job.

On a side note, the co-workers that I did meet are a great bunch of people and wish them the best.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unorganized, lack of training, poor management, employees are not treated well, management doesn’t listen to employees
run far away fast
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON31 May 2018
I was always taught that if you really don't have nice things to say about anyone or anything then you don't say anything what so ever. So, that is my plan.
Pros
free water
Cons
the whole place
Hot, and demanding, minimal help
Production Line worker (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON11 May 2018
you were constantly working a high pace water bottling line with very minimal staff and very hot and sticky environment. Supervisors were none supportive and only cared about get (NUMBER) products out a shift, regadless how it had to happen
Cons
Hot, demanding, not stimulting
Clean, fast paced working environment with good people
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Feversham10 May 2018
Great place to work! Company recognizes people with talent and drive. Always advancement opportunities for those who want to work hard
Managers listen and are accommodating.

The hardest part of the job is balancing work-life with the long hours.

People genuinely care about each other here and will go out of their way to help you if you are struggling.

Sustainability efforts are inspiring, all companies could learn from the accomplishments displayed in this area. The plant is "zero waste to landfill" and bottles are 100% recycled material all done internally!
Pros
Consistent shift schedule, clean and safe workplace, new equipment
Cons
Great place. If they had a plant closer to where i lived id be there for sure
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON22 April 2018
I worked at Feversham for 12 yrs. Started off as a line operator then quickly got to forklift. Ran the high speed line for 5 yrs then got the raw material handler for 7 yrs. I quit in 2017 for another job opportunity.
As I was reading the reviews I seen 1 that had said material handler for 6 yrs. That is impossible seeing I had the job during that time. And there was only the 1 position. Just goes to show that you can not really trust all the reviews you read all the time. With irs if you work hard it is a great company to work for and if you are a disgruntled emplee that has a poor work ethic you will hate the job there. As for the owners they are great to work for and very easy the talk to. I will admit that it can get crazy there but what work place does not get like that from time to time.
Pros
Good benifit package and a regular pay check
Cons
For me a alog drive and stress (due to job title)
Fast paced environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON17 April 2018
I have been with Ice River for over 10 years now and enjoy the fast paced environment. Been given and witnessed many opportunities for advancement throughout the company. The business expands into new sectors annually keeping roles forever interesting.
Pros
Opportunities to expand knowledge of various manufacturing sectors
Cons
Pressure
Great
ASN Sticker Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON25 March 2018
Ice River was hands down the best place I've ever worked. The hours and benefits were great. Best safety training. Great manager and boss. Coworkers were all super nice.
Pros
Free lunches, great co workers
good place to work
Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON21 February 2018
I would go back there to work .I did not like the 12 hr shift ,s. the hardest part of the job was trying to drive there in the winter , roads sucked too much snow.
Pros
free water
Cons
12 hr shift