Ice River Springs

Ice River Springs Employee Reviews

Canada73 reviews
Featured review
Ice River Springs selected this as a representative review
Proud to work for a Company that really values the environment.
Our message board in the reception area says "There is enough plastic in the world today, we just need to find ways to reuse it!!"

To start with this Company is very exciting to work for. Huge environmental stewards with a major focus on no new plastic. We reuse post consumer PET plastic in a closed system. We make a healthy beverage in an environmentally friendly package. Ice River is constantly looking to innovate and very cognizant of protecting the environment.

Lots of opportunity for advancement at this Company.

Great community supporters.

Very proud to work for a Company that cares about the future and the environmental legacy that we will leave behind for future generations.
Pros
Sustainability initiatives, community supporters for great causes
This company lies
I was given a “management” position without management pay or management benefits. My shift was 7:00am to 3:30pm but I was expected to stay until 5:00pm unpaid. The Branch Manager actually said to me. “I don’t like clock watchers” he also was very inappropriate with me, making me feel very uncomfortable numerous times. I was sent on a work trip to Toronto where the branch manager actually tried to get me into his hotel room.
Harsh and old fashion culture environment
Difficult culture with emphasis on day to day and not strategic and continuous improvement. Resources are absent and expectations are unresonable with slim work force at the frontline.
This line of works is hard and stressful
This line of work is hard and stressful not much time to do life actives long hours and hard to get a sleep schedule witch it the hardest part about this job
Hi Stress
Terrible Managers ... Micro managing.
Wont let you make your own decisions.when you do dont matter how good they it was never used.Especially by the owners
Immature
Very immature and unprofessional. Hire and fire on a whim. No leadership. Hypocrisy at the highest level regarding environmental issues. Complete lack of ethics and morals.
The best manager I had, but don't work here
- "A monkey can do your job" that was how other departments think of QA job., and you literally clean everywhere everywhere except the washroom, how nice.
- The pay I want to give 0 star, don't want to talk about it anymore.

- The QA manager was very supportive and helpful
productive
a typical day was a 6-6 either am or pm. Depending on the shift you had a crew of 4 people on the line and during the day shift you have the office people in the building too. I spent time filling the label machine up and going through good and bad bottles. During the day shift we cleaned the line for 2-5 hrs depending on the day and what type of clean it was. It was an easy going workplace, follow the rules and procedures and everything ran smoothly.
you are just a number to this company,nothing more.
A cabinet maker and a fish farmer started a company..enough said. Don't expect to see any advancing even if you have worked there for 10 years. Management is a joke.
Let me tell you exactly what this place is like...
Management is so unbearably incompetent. Manager fires employees for arbitrary reasons such as disagreeing or arguing with him on simple things and then *laughs* when people say they worry about job security. "Oh yah, we're just rushing to fire people here at Ice River," the palpable sarcasm of which is highlighted by the insanity that is their unbelievably high turnover rate - literally, I didn't believe the turnover was actually so high until shortly after I started when the manager confirmed it himself.

The interview is fine and everyone's polite and great until you start the job. Manager acts like he's "one of the operators" (despite not knowing how to run a single machine), interviewers (plant support coordinator and production supervisor) have nothing but nice things to say about him, "oh, he's not stuck-up or anything, he's a friendly guy, doesn't feel like a 'boss' at all!" They're lenient on start dates and very understanding of different situations with your current job/situation - very much a "we're all friends here" feeling.

Until you're hired - and you will be because no one stays so they are literally *always* urgently hiring.

They cancel shifts *constantly*. I mean, you are lucky to work two days a week. Their shift schedule is constantly changing - 12 hour shifts, pretty decent, regular shift cancellations but the bills are paid. Cut to 6-8 hour shifts still regular shift cancellations, the heat in summer is unbearable but you need to pay your bills and you'll go back to 12 hours eventually - the manager promised. Cut back to 12 hour shifts but weekly
 - more...
Stressful
Always looking over your shoulder always expect to be blamed for things and expect them to run faulty machinery some people are super nice to you and others but lots are burned out and others are all for the drama would recommend working here if you need the money but otherwise looked for a more healthy job
Fired in fairly accused of being drunk when sober
If u want a job like working in a sweat shop here u go . Minimal training for maitance or line workers who are then blamed when machines break . Manager holds thouse ppl responsible as it is there fault he is the one asking to violoate safety procedures just to keep the line going in othersords itscnot in the budget
There forklifts are no where near safe

Ice rivers cares first about making minuscule then safety not right safety should always been your first priority thanks
They are like the liers. Not organised at all.
In this company the quality and sanitation group is the same.They hired me as a quality control technician, but the first thing that they ask me to do is cleaning the floor! Every day for 2 weeks, I cleaned the company in the morning and in the afternoon we did quality tasks like microbial test with our dirty clothes.
totally a joke, picky pieces of sh..
Picky people only pick what they want no matter how certified you are. Come on guys get a grip. I think if everyone one who worked there was smart, they all would leave this place to shut down.
Would NOT Recommend
If you enjoy an unorganized, highly unsanitary work environment with zero employee communication and a dysfunctional management team, look no further.

However, if you are searching for professional and motivating employment, you're looking in the wrong place.

A dead end company with minuscule room for employee growth. Suggestions and feedback from production associates are consistently ignored by superiors. Management has a "my way or the highway" mentality, creating a revolving door for most newcomers.

The workplace atmosphere among production associates can be compared to a high school sitcom. Meaningless illusions of seniority from self entitled co workers. .

Above everything, the recent Plant Manager is a walking power trip. He expects perfection from ill-equipped staff and patrols the factory floor with an iron fist.

But hey...we got free water.

Overall 2/10.
Run away
Worst place I’ve ever worked, it’s like going back to highschool. If you work hard you will be punished by your co workers. Management picks favorites who can do no wrong.
Horrible working environment
Has to be one of the most poorly run place I have ever seen. Treat staff like garbage. Do not look out for employees. Management is incompetent and do not communicate and when they do you can guarantee that it is false information. Very high employee turn over rate. People never show up for their shifts because they are so unappreciated. Give 2 coffee breaks on a 12 shifts. All staff are miserable as it is the unhappiest place by far. Extremely poor working conditions and while they like to promote employee safety it is only an issue if it is cheap like ear plugs or something. But if it is important and costs money they turn a blind eye and would let you die before spending any money

Avoid like the plague
Not a good place
Calgary management is horrible. No leadership or advancement. Dispatch says they know what they are doing but are always lost. Treat you well if you are willing to work 75 hours a week while always being understaffed. Avoid the place at all costs.
Terrible
It was a terrible place to work once summer is over expect to get laid off. Management is absolutely useless there was constant yelling at each other between employees.
Pros
Cons
To many to mention
Great place to start career in food industry
Easy to pick up and learn on the job. Hardest part of the job is the timing of the shifts as you rotate between night and day shifts every two weeks with 12 hour shifts. other than that the job is easy to pick up with moderate activity.
great company
This is a great place to work, feels like family! I recommend this company to people with good work ethic. God Bless Ice River Springs. :) Keep up the great work!
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ice River Springs. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5