Ice River Springs Employee Reviews

Work is ok but management is at best poor (needs training)
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Ameranth12 September 2018
The Amaranth bottled water plant is a fast paced workplace with high production. This is well and good but locals know it by reputation and so Ice river springs can't get workers. Let this be your fist hint of poor leadership and an unstable workplace. The pay is fair and you'll work for it, yet expect sudden changes like shift changes, cut short work day(s) due to poor planning and/or machine breakdown that happen too often. The plant was put together too fast and without solid planning resulting in uncomfortable work conditions and prone to problems without backup plans. Training is a joke and direction is up an icy river without a paddle. These conditions will affect your planning personal schedules and income plans. Most of these problems can be attributed to the arrogance of poor direction and no communication from upper management. There is an over lying unhappy blanket with workers as they know this is as good as it get here.
Pros
Pay range is ok for region
Cons
Arogent management warning!
An excellent place to work if you can get along with everyone.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON7 September 2018
I really enjoyed working there. The owner is a very nice person, the supervisors, worked to help everyone with line problems, production delays. Very nice people,
Pros
Cheap water
Cons
Long hours, fast pace, forklifts were never maintained regularly
fast pace
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Feversham, ON2 July 2018
Go go go mentality, a lot of quick fixes to keep the machines running, not given time to fix properly.all about numbers and a lot of finger pointing. Pay is okay, benefits okay. but the is no pension or rrsp that the company offers
Pros
free water all day
Cons
not alot of training
Permanent Schedule you can plan a life around
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Feversham15 June 2018
At Ice River they have a schedule that does not change so you can easily plan your life a year out if you want, they have a competitive hourly wage for the area and there is lots of room for advancement,, , most of the management team came from the plant floor and grew with the company. If your looking for somewhere you can plan your life without fear of the schedule changing and want a consistent 80 hours per 2 week pay period this might be the job for you
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
For a factory there really are any
Tim Hortons is better than this
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON12 June 2018
Started and ended yesterday. Worst place to work at. The employees are great though. Management is not. Went for an interview and was told I would experience both shifts days/afternoons and then I would be allowed to choose afterwards of what shift I wanted to be on. So got hired and asked to confirm about picking a shift and was told no that’s not how it works as I would be on rotating shifts of days and afternoons. Unorganized, lack of training, 9 hr shifts, early start times, employees even warned me after I started and said that I should of checked on here for the reviews before I said yes.
I’m not an angry employee I just saw way too many red flags and don’t like being told one thing and a few days later told something else. Just like all the other reviews say.....Run away unless you really need a job.

On a side note, the co-workers that I did meet are a great bunch of people and wish them the best.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unorganized, lack of training, poor management, employees are not treated well, management doesn’t listen to employees
run far away fast
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON31 May 2018
I was always taught that if you really don't have nice things to say about anyone or anything then you don't say anything what so ever. So, that is my plan.
Pros
free water
Cons
the whole place
Hot, and demanding, minimal help
Production Line worker (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON11 May 2018
you were constantly working a high pace water bottling line with very minimal staff and very hot and sticky environment. Supervisors were none supportive and only cared about get (NUMBER) products out a shift, regadless how it had to happen
Cons
Hot, demanding, not stimulting
Clean, fast paced working environment with good people
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Feversham10 May 2018
Great place to work! Company recognizes people with talent and drive. Always advancement opportunities for those who want to work hard
Managers listen and are accommodating.

The hardest part of the job is balancing work-life with the long hours.

People genuinely care about each other here and will go out of their way to help you if you are struggling.

Sustainability efforts are inspiring, all companies could learn from the accomplishments displayed in this area. The plant is "zero waste to landfill" and bottles are 100% recycled material all done internally!
Pros
Consistent shift schedule, clean and safe workplace, new equipment
Cons
Great place. If they had a plant closer to where i lived id be there for sure
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON22 April 2018
I worked at Feversham for 12 yrs. Started off as a line operator then quickly got to forklift. Ran the high speed line for 5 yrs then got the raw material handler for 7 yrs. I quit in 2017 for another job opportunity.
As I was reading the reviews I seen 1 that had said material handler for 6 yrs. That is impossible seeing I had the job during that time. And there was only the 1 position. Just goes to show that you can not really trust all the reviews you read all the time. With irs if you work hard it is a great company to work for and if you are a disgruntled emplee that has a poor work ethic you will hate the job there. As for the owners they are great to work for and very easy the talk to. I will admit that it can get crazy there but what work place does not get like that from time to time.
Pros
Good benifit package and a regular pay check
Cons
For me a alog drive and stress (due to job title)
Fast paced environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON17 April 2018
I have been with Ice River for over 10 years now and enjoy the fast paced environment. Been given and witnessed many opportunities for advancement throughout the company. The business expands into new sectors annually keeping roles forever interesting.
Pros
Opportunities to expand knowledge of various manufacturing sectors
Cons
Pressure
Great
ASN Sticker Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON25 March 2018
Ice River was hands down the best place I've ever worked. The hours and benefits were great. Best safety training. Great manager and boss. Coworkers were all super nice.
Pros
Free lunches, great co workers
Cons
Not as horible as others suggest
Shunt Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Feversham, ON9 February 2018
This company is not as bad as some of the other posts in here that I have read, yes they do need to upgrade some of the equipment to make it a safer work environment & from what I've seen it is happening but slowly.
I have read that this company wont pay over time, that's not right,, here is how it works, the Production staff work a continental shift, 12 hours 2 days in a row, 2 days off, 12 hours 3 days in a row,,, and so on, production staff need 88 hours in 2 weeks to get overtime paid.
Shipping gets paid over time after 44 hours in one week because they work daily 9-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week & some times 7 days a week.
Although during a promo week / weeks Shipping needs to arrive to work early and start the day as soon as they arrive, if you don't document this EXTREAMLY carefully you wont get paid for the extra time you put in.
If you are in the shipping area, there is little or no time fro breaks, you chew as you go.

Oh & I almost forgot, bring warm clothing because they don't turn the heat on in the winter and its frigging colder inside then outside.

There are some good points though, the crew you work with are good people to know, and positive & encouraging.
The work is not to difficult, its mostly automated.

The wage is odd here as well, typically anywhere else, you start a job & get a raise after 3 months, 6 months & then 12 months, @ Ice River you get a raise after 3 months & then not again till after 12 months but only after you have been able to prove you are worth it by being able to do 2 or 3 jobs at once.

It is not the worst place I have
  more... ever worked, I enjoy my job & I'm good at it.

I'm sure things will continue to improve here over time, so as you read all those crazy negative posts be sure to take into consideration that those people had a bad experience here and are just venting their rage.
You need to decide for yourself.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Occasionaly 6 - 7 day work weeks consisting of 10-12 our shifts
Avoid at all costs.
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 January 2018
-Terrible conditions.

-Minimal training with immediate performance expectations.

-Crews are so understaffed you're expected to literally sprint from station to station

-Management is obnoxious and will manipulate your hours to avoid paying overtime while simultaneously trying to run you ragged.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
You will be treated like dirt.
Proud to work for a Company that really values the environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelburne Ontario26 January 2018
Our message board in the reception area says "There is enough plastic in the world today, we just need to find ways to reuse it!!"

To start with this Company is very exciting to work for. Huge environmental stewards with a major focus on no new plastic. We reuse post consumer PET plastic in a closed system. We make a healthy beverage in an environmentally friendly package. Ice River is constantly looking to innovate and very cognizant of protecting the environment.

Lots of opportunity for advancement at this Company.

Great community supporters.

Very proud to work for a Company that cares about the future and the environmental legacy that we will leave behind for future generations.
Pros
Sustainability initiatives, community supporters for great causes
Terrible work environment
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2018
All the other bad reviews are true! Ice River expects you to work long hard hours for little reward, throwing their employs around shifts like they have no lives. If you do one little thing wrong, everyone are taking pictures and throws you in the fire. Forklifts and equipment constantly break down. No ventilation during summer and heaters are off during winter. Just a very bad, bad place to work at.
Pros
They are green
Cons
Everything else
Terrible company and management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
Not paying OT is against the law- but Ice River doesn't pay it. 12 hr shifts- 6-6 either am or pm. Bottled water is an incredibly lucrative industry, however their wages do not reflect that. They run the newest, cheapest trucks you can get. They pit their hourly drivers against owner-operators and the local owner allegedly shuts off the heaters in the winter time at the water source for drivers, risking freezing lines and creating uncomfortable working conditions. I would never work for a company like this under any circumstances. Scraping the bottom of the barrel. You know employers and jobs are bad when they are ALWAYS hiring even in economic downturns.
Pros
Zero
Cons
run from any jobs there , run far away
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
The Manager is one of the worst I,ve ever come across . Staff are great but the shifts are crazy and not easy to get use to, do not work for this company at its Calgary site . The girl that does all the Office admin is a very nasty bit of work
Pros
Cons
Site manager is awful
Not a lot of experience needed
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2017
Working an ice River Springs has been extremely steady for me. Lots of opportunity for overtime. During the summer time there is not a good opportunity for vacation time seeing as those are the busy hours.
Pros
BBQs on fridays during the summer
Cons
Very hard to get vacation during the summer.
long shifts
Production Worker/QA (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 December 2017
Busy place, if your like a steady pace. Long hours, but odd days off because of the continental shifts. If you can handle it, its not bad. Machines were easy to learn.
run away
Quality (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON25 November 2017
Everything your reading for reviews is true. Horrible company! Treats employees and managers very badly. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!