Ice River Springs Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place. If they had a plant closer to where i lived id be there for sure
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON22 April 2018
I worked at Feversham for 12 yrs. Started off as a line operator then quickly got to forklift. Ran the high speed line for 5 yrs then got the raw material handler for 7 yrs. I quit in 2017 for another job opportunity.
As I was reading the reviews I seen 1 that had said material handler for 6 yrs. That is impossible seeing I had the job during that time. And there was only the 1 position. Just goes to show that you can not really trust all the reviews you read all the time. With irs if you work hard it is a great company to work for and if you are a disgruntled emplee that has a poor work ethic you will hate the job there. As for the owners they are great to work for and very easy the talk to. I will admit that it can get crazy there but what work place does not get like that from time to time.
Pros
Good benifit package and a regular pay check
Cons
For me a alog drive and stress (due to job title)
Fast paced environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON17 April 2018
I have been with Ice River for over 10 years now and enjoy the fast paced environment. Been given and witnessed many opportunities for advancement throughout the company. The business expands into new sectors annually keeping roles forever interesting.
Pros
Opportunities to expand knowledge of various manufacturing sectors
Cons
Pressure
Not as horible as others suggest
Shunt Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Feversham, ON9 February 2018
This company is not as bad as some of the other posts in here that I have read, yes they do need to upgrade some of the equipment to make it a safer work environment & from what I've seen it is happening but slowly.
I have read that this company wont pay over time, that's not right,, here is how it works, the Production staff work a continental shift, 12 hours 2 days in a row, 2 days off, 12 hours 3 days in a row,,, and so on, production staff need 88 hours in 2 weeks to get overtime paid.
Shipping gets paid over time after 44 hours in one week because they work daily 9-12 hours a day 5-6 days a week & some times 7 days a week.
Although during a promo week / weeks Shipping needs to arrive to work early and start the day as soon as they arrive, if you don't document this EXTREAMLY carefully you wont get paid for the extra time you put in.
If you are in the shipping area, there is little or no time fro breaks, you chew as you go.

Oh & I almost forgot, bring warm clothing because they don't turn the heat on in the winter and its frigging colder inside then outside.

There are some good points though, the crew you work with are good people to know, and positive & encouraging.
The work is not to difficult, its mostly automated.

The wage is odd here as well, typically anywhere else, you start a job & get a raise after 3 months, 6 months & then 12 months, @ Ice River you get a raise after 3 months & then not again till after 12 months but only after you have been able to prove you are worth it by being able to do 2 or 3 jobs at once.

It is not the worst place I have
  more... ever worked, I enjoy my job & I'm good at it.

I'm sure things will continue to improve here over time, so as you read all those crazy negative posts be sure to take into consideration that those people had a bad experience here and are just venting their rage.
You need to decide for yourself.
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Occasionaly 6 - 7 day work weeks consisting of 10-12 our shifts
Avoid at all costs.
Production Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC27 January 2018
-Terrible conditions.

-Minimal training with immediate performance expectations.

-Crews are so understaffed you're expected to literally sprint from station to station

-Management is obnoxious and will manipulate your hours to avoid paying overtime while simultaneously trying to run you ragged.
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
You will be treated like dirt.
Proud to work for a Company that really values the environment.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Shelburne Ontario26 January 2018
Our message board in the reception area says "There is enough plastic in the world today, we just need to find ways to reuse it!!"

To start with this Company is very exciting to work for. Huge environmental stewards with a major focus on no new plastic. We reuse post consumer PET plastic in a closed system. We make a healthy beverage in an environmentally friendly package. Ice River is constantly looking to innovate and very cognizant of protecting the environment.

Lots of opportunity for advancement at this Company.

Great community supporters.

Very proud to work for a Company that cares about the future and the environmental legacy that we will leave behind for future generations.
Pros
Sustainability initiatives, community supporters for great causes
Terrible work environment
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2018
All the other bad reviews are true! Ice River expects you to work long hard hours for little reward, throwing their employs around shifts like they have no lives. If you do one little thing wrong, everyone are taking pictures and throws you in the fire. Forklifts and equipment constantly break down. No ventilation during summer and heaters are off during winter. Just a very bad, bad place to work at.
Pros
They are green
Cons
Everything else
Terrible company and management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2018
Not paying OT is against the law- but Ice River doesn't pay it. 12 hr shifts- 6-6 either am or pm. Bottled water is an incredibly lucrative industry, however their wages do not reflect that. They run the newest, cheapest trucks you can get. They pit their hourly drivers against owner-operators and the local owner allegedly shuts off the heaters in the winter time at the water source for drivers, risking freezing lines and creating uncomfortable working conditions. I would never work for a company like this under any circumstances. Scraping the bottom of the barrel. You know employers and jobs are bad when they are ALWAYS hiring even in economic downturns.
Pros
Zero
Cons
run from any jobs there , run far away
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2018
The Manager is one of the worst I,ve ever come across . Staff are great but the shifts are crazy and not easy to get use to, do not work for this company at its Calgary site . The girl that does all the Office admin is a very nasty bit of work
Pros
Cons
Site manager is awful
run away
Quality (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON25 November 2017
Everything your reading for reviews is true. Horrible company! Treats employees and managers very badly. Stay away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Run from this one, horrible people, horrible pay, forklifts should be taken out of commission for good
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, ON22 October 2017
Horrible pay, horrible equipment. Horribly managed.. equipment is garbage, forklifts should not be used, bad brakes and just garbage over all. Senior employees act like they are gods,, absolutely no room for advancement or pay raise!
Pros
Cons
Run away
Maintenance Ice River Springs
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Revelstoke, BC29 September 2017
Laid off all employees and locked the doors with zero notice. All employees were called into the lunch room and told to clean out your lockers and that's it...no more job. Caused a lot of hardship for most every employee.
Pros
The label on their water bottles is nice
Cons
Not a secure place to work. No respect for employees
Company is focused on the environment
Office (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON12 September 2017
I work in Shelburne. The company prioritizes environmental sustainability. We have an organic garden that all the employees get to benefit from. Extra food is donated to the local food bank.

The company recently added an Employee Assistance Program to support health and wellness. We have a small gym on site.
Pros
Organic garden, nice people, fair pay and benefits, opportunities
Cons
Manual processes. Need to work on automation. Need more social activities.
Bs place to work
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Grafton2 September 2017
Every bad thing said in the reviews are true. Absolutely horrible place to work. Manegment is a joke. I don't know how that place is still in business.
Pros
no pros
Cons
the whole place is a con
A bad work enviroment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON26 March 2017
Bad moral, no shift premium, No training or development plans for new employees, lift trucks all fail inspecting every shift but nothing gets fixed. The company expects you too fly around with the pedal to the medat at all times. Low pay compared to other companies. Owners not well respected. Just not a very good company to work for.
Pros
Cons
Bad moral, low pay, unreasonable expectations, lift trucks leak oil
terribble penny pinching
Labourer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Grafton, ON24 March 2017
what a bunch of loogans . terrible company don't bother bad hours , terrible manangement on your butt about everything. no cares about the environment
Don't work here if you value your time
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack21 September 2016
Tons of unpaid overtime expected. Poor organization. Very little training. Working trying to make do with very little and still expected to perform does not work. Maintenance manager of yourself. Expected to be a mechanic. Operator and the manager. Impossible to achieve unless you want to work 16 hour days 7 days a week.
Welcome to the worst job of your life
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Feversham, ON23 July 2016
Worked for this company for over 6 yrs. In Flesherton. Unreasonable expectation. Drive 4 min. For every pallet to put it in warehouse and keep your line going.. Trouble shoot machines that in some case maintenance MESSES up... ANY good workers...RUN FOR IT .... UNLESS they are in the no other job trap.. Was told monkeys could drive a forklift there... Maybe they should hire a couple... They sure cant keep too many people... Unless of course you have your head up the owners. *'@!#. Unless u are living in your car..... RUN
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
One of my worst jobs ever
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON20 July 2016
The plant I worked in was in Milton , Ontario , Canada . It was called fernbrook springs when I started. Then ice river bought the plant. Just like some of the other reviews said where true. Getting yelled at by mangement . Being treated like a dog. Over the course of a 4 month period my shift changed 6 times. Never really knowing when I was to start or Finish . I worked at another water factory and had over 11 years experience . But I had to train a ice River person so they could take my job. Any body that a opinion or stuck up for them selfs got let go .
Pros
Cons
Too many
There are better places to spend your days
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelburne, ON13 May 2016
The company is stuck in the way they are and no desire to adjust to the times. Very old fashion clock watching management and they keep your wings clipped. It really is "good employees are the ones I am related to or friends with" The owner's best friend is noting more than a hall monitor (along with others)

It is a nice place to work until they decide to let people go who do not think exactly like they do. The CEO will fire people on the spot and has a terrible temper

Very poor culture amongst the staff and not a good work environment if you want to have any fun at all at work. Very by the book and stuffy while the owner is there.
Pros
Discount on water (yup discount)
Cons
Culture and modern environment both poor