ICE Health Systems Employee Reviews

Dysfunctional
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2019
Weird work culture, CEO not respected by peers for good reason, small group, no RRSP or pension, no bonuses, cash strapped, direction constantly changes.
Pros
Jeans
Cons
Start up, stability an issue, talent of management biggest problem
Worst Employement Experience
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 June 2018
This company was the worst employer of my life to date, it was dreadful. No stability, bullish tactics, constant uncertainty as they have no paying clients, untenable targets. Deceptive management, they will flat out lie to you at interviews saying they're about to launch and take over the world, yet they don't have the business savvy or resources to do so. BAD from the core.
Pros
Paycheque only
Cons
Progression blocked by CEO
ICE - A good place to work.
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary8 December 2017
I have been with ICE for almost 7 years. I’ve seen the company really grow in the time I have been there, and I’m not even the longest working individual here. I really enjoy working here because I have found the work to continually challenge me. ICE is a small company, unlike a big company where you could end up in one area doing the same type of work, people tend to take on a variety of roles. This keeps the work interesting, varied and has allowed me to expand my skill set and knowledge into a variety of areas of the business. I feel my professional development really benefits from the opportunities that continue to be provided me.

Another benefit I have found, is the flexibility they provide to us. I have experienced them be extremely accommodating to myself and seen it happen with other staff. Allowing any of us to take as much time as needed when personal or medical issues arose. On top of the ample vacation time and sick time given, we are also allowed to work from home any day of the week. I feel this really provides a work, life balance I haven’t always had with past employers.

I also enjoy everyone that works at the company. I find every individual genuinely kind, helpful and professional. Some may find the office a quiet place to work, most people keep their heads down buried in their computer, but they are approachable and just busy. Personally I enjoy the quiet workplace, with very few office politics. I find it a positive place to come to each day, and have found in the past my work to be a reassuring constant. We are not affected by the oil
  more... and gas industry, giving what I feel is more stability. Having job stability like that is important, when I hear of many other are being laid off in the city.  less
Pros
Work from home, great people, diverse types work, good office environment
Cons
Not always a lot of structure, need to be a self-starter, comfortable with change
Disorganized, low morale work environment
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2016
During my time at ICE Health Systems, I got the sense that most of my coworkers (and indeed, myself), were only there to collect a paycheque. While the hours were flexible and the pay was good, the overall environment was one of dissatisfaction and disorganization.

The company is a small software startup, and very few of the executives have any sort of experience in the software industry. When experts were brought in to consult, they were often ignored or reprimanded, and left very quickly. Turnover was fairly high in general. There was a sense that the CEO would do what he saw best, regardless of how many people (working directly with the client) told him otherwise.

I would say the worst part of the job was having the CEO over-promise to clients, and then not being able to deliver on these unrealistic expectations. This was extremely frustrating for me, and I found that a lot of the tactics used by the CEO were very underhanded. The second worst part of the job was having the software fail on an almost daily basis, and having to deal with the angry client calls and emails. The software lacked sufficient QA, and the constant failure was what broke down many of the relationships between the company and our (former) clients.

The best part of the job was meeting some interesting people and being able to travel and meet the clients in person. For the most part they were wonderful, albeit frustrated with the software once they saw it for it what it was (ineffective for their needs).

Overall my experience with ICE Health Systems was very poor, and taught me what not
  more... to look for in a company in the future.  less
Pros
Pay, benefits, travel
Cons
Software not working, frustrated clients, deceptive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ICE Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8