IBI Group logo
IBI Group

IBI Group Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

They have lot of activities happening at the firm

Featured review

IBI Group selected this as a representative review
Some days are prolonged paced and some with enough working pressure, but most of the time, it provides the right work-life balance. They have some summer activities that encourage a good and healthy lifestyle.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking time to write a review! We appreciate you acknowledging the fact that IBI provides the right work-life balance to our employees as that can sometimes be difficult to achieve in such a tight deadline-driven industry. We encourage all of our employees to live a balanced, healthy lifestyle and enjoy supporting that through fun health and fitness competitions, wellness resources and interactive classes with their fellow colleagues! We are glad you enjoyed these and took the time to participate!

Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table

Good organizing of working process. I've learnt a fundamental knowledge of my job responsibilities but sometimes need further mentorship. The company is a fun place to work with, though sometimes too many entertainment activities. I enjoyed the time in this company, have known many friends, and wish to concentrate on my professional career further.

Pros

Free lunches

No room for promotion

There are a core of old emloyees have control of company and no room for new emplyees to promote. In Rare cases promtion hapened but salary didn't chane. Salary is very low. No RRSP. No Raise.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Low Salary. No Promotion

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. IBI Group always strives to give recognition to their hardworking employees, whether it be through our KUDOS program or when applicable, through merit increases, incentive bonuses or promotions. We appreciate the time and effort our employees put into their work and aim to reward them for that in a fair and measurable way. Where compensation is concerned, we have a team that is always analyzing market trends to make sure we remain competitive. Although you are no longer with IBI Group, we appreciate the feedback!

friendly work environment

It's a good place for work and learn specially for the fresh engineers, friendly management, big projects. unfortunate no promotion will happen during the years.

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We take pride in being a global firm with industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals. With this comes an environment filled with talented individuals and cutting-edge projects. Whether this is your first job, or you’re seasoned in your career, IBI Group ensures that you are always learning and gaining experience; whether it be through the managers, the types of projects we work on, or your fellow colleagues. Where career advancement is concerned, our employees have the opportunity for open and honest dialogue with their managers semi-annually through our Performance Review program and the topic of career progression is something we highly encourage at these times.

good learning experience

Management doesnt know how to retain good , sincere employees. Otherwise they have fun events. Social every last friday of the month. Stressful at times, but can have some relaxed moments as well.

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review! Retaining employees is of the upmost importance to IBI Group and we strive to do that through consistent salary review, growth opportunities, and fostering a healthy company culture. If there is further feedback on how you think IBI can do a better job, we invite you to reach out to your local HRBP. While virtual now, office socials were a way for us to thank our employees for their hard work and dedication and hope that once it is safe to return to office, will host everyone again!

Productive, Flexible working environment

A growing company looking to keep pace and lead the industry into the future by utilizing all the available tools to make it happen. There is also a drive to make the company less of a service company.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about IBI Group! We are always looking for ways to grow and stay competitive in this industry and we know that we can’t achieve that without the talent individuals we have on our teams.

Professional

Well structured Company, good help available and cooperation. Good scope for growth. Interesting work with job satisfaction. Infrastructure jobs many as they excel in it.

Good variety of projects

Opportunity to work on different projects, and learn. Good environment and people. Can work from home sometimes. Not very competitive salary and benefits.

Productive workplace with project diversity

IBI Group is a innovative company that thrives on future technology and leading design technology we know to date. Room for growth as an employee with plenty of project diversity and leadership roles to take on.

Productivity

During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my tasks and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress to discuss goal setting for the next week. On Fridays, I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person. Finally, I create a list of priorities for next week.

Jobs at IBI Group

See more jobs

Iam a civil engineer

I have over 18 years of experience working in various Civil Engineering sectors including Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and Municipal projects, utility, wastewater, water mains, Sanitary, sewer projects. Specializing in structural design and analysis, project management, project coordination, Client liaison, site inspection, contract administration and QA/QC

Pros

free membership of gym

Cons

Good work environment with good opportunity to develop your career

you are expected to work hard in the normal hours and your work is appreciated. Experienced management that you can learn a lot from. there are several social activities through out the year, sport events and parties etc.

IBI Culture

IBI offers flexible working schedule I learned about acquisition and mergers and impact on payroll Relaxed atmosphere, Slow on technology, a very multicultural environment

Job Security

Very neautral environtment. no major pros or cons. Salary, Work life balance, and mangement was great. Work culture was poor not a lot of interaction.

Excellent work experience

Excellent experience working within a well organized environment. The work structure was conducive to expanding knowledge and gaining confidence when working with larger projects.

Pros

experience

Cons

commute

Respectful and it's the right place to grow your career I enjoyed every minute at IBI Group and was hoping to get another opportunity to stay with them.

Pros

Respect and Diversity

not bad place to work

Multidiscipline consulting firm. Not much flexibility on company policy. Lack of innovative and employee interaction. Too busy to enjoy off time.

not an ideal place to work

Not a good place to work, very mismanaged, they have no problem under paying you, they don't reward hard work, you feel like just a number to them

Best employee so far!

IBI Group was the best organization I have ever worked for. It is such an honor to work in such a professional environment with realyy friendly professionals :)

Ok company

working with other with in the company. good people to work with. good locations.

A Great Place to Start My Career

IBI Group Calgary was my first job out of school, and continued for 9 years after. If it wasn't for their flexibility in your schedule, their desire for you to grow and advance in the company, the varied types of projects and the varied experiences and stages within each project that only smaller firms can offer you, and the amazing group of people that became friends and family, I would have left a long time ago. This was a great place and opportunity to grow after graduating.

Pros

flexibility, small architectural group, work on all stages of a project, many offices worldwide

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement