IBI Group logo

IBI Group Management reviews

Canada52 reviews

Clear

friendly work environment

It's a good place for work and learn specially for the fresh engineers, friendly management, big projects. unfortunate no promotion will happen during the years.

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We take pride in being a global firm with industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals. With this comes an environment filled with talented individuals and cutting-edge projects. Whether this is your first job, or you’re seasoned in your career, IBI Group ensures that you are always learning and gaining experience; whether it be through the managers, the types of projects we work on, or your fellow colleagues. Where career advancement is concerned, our employees have the opportunity for open and honest dialogue with their managers semi-annually through our Performance Review program and the topic of career progression is something we highly encourage at these times.

not productive environment

many inexperienced staff without training and management. no clear job duties assignment from manager in result of poor quality products. There is no annual performance review and job security.

Pros

relax

Cons

no job security

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review. We are saddened to hear that you don’t think IBI is a productive environment. We take pride in the services we offer and the high caliber of products we provide our clients while we work together to define the cities of tomorrow. Open and honest dialogue between management and their teams is extremely important to us. We try to bolster this through our semi-annual Performance Review program by providing a structured opportunity for managers and employees alike to talk about performance and career growth openly. We regret to hear that this wasn’t something you participated in. All the best to you and good luck with your future endeavors.

Toxic corporate culture

Architectural dept. recieves no support from Sr. management, and is passed over for prominent local projects in favour of Vancouver and Toronto offices. Sr. Architects led by Sr. manager forced to relocate to Calgary from Vancouver, and is unmotivated to lead, i.e: no team work, team meetings, feedback, positive motivation or collaboration. Toxic, stressful, silent, de-motivating environment. Hostile and confrontational Sr.Architects

Pros

Great location, stoic and friendly junior staff

Cons

Toxic, de-motivating, stressful, poor management

27 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience working at IBI Group. We regret that you felt your manager was not supportive as we strive to hire and promote individuals with proven abilities to support their people in a positive way. We agree that there should always be open dialogue, whether through meetings and feedback, between management and their teams.. Our goal is to provide an environment that ensures our staff is motivated and productive. Being in such a deadline driven industry, there are stressors that come with that, but we want our employees to have as much work-life balance as possible. Although you are not an employee of IBI Group any longer, please know that we appreciate the feedback and will further investigate this matter.

good learning experience

Management doesnt know how to retain good , sincere employees. Otherwise they have fun events. Social every last friday of the month. Stressful at times, but can have some relaxed moments as well.

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review! Retaining employees is of the upmost importance to IBI Group and we strive to do that through consistent salary review, growth opportunities, and fostering a healthy company culture. If there is further feedback on how you think IBI can do a better job, we invite you to reach out to your local HRBP. While virtual now, office socials were a way for us to thank our employees for their hard work and dedication and hope that once it is safe to return to office, will host everyone again!

Great workplace for self sufficient people

Don’t expect much guidance from upper management but if your have confidence in your abilities and can run a project independently this is a good firm. Junior staff can be moved around without notice making mid level management a challenge. Zero feedback on your performance so hard to tell if you are meeting upper management expectations. Overall decent pay, flexible schedule as long as your get your work done.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret to hear that you feel you lack guidance and support from your manager. It is our expectation that managers are fostering an open line of communication with their staff. Providing feedback should be something that occurring on an ongoing basis and our semi-annual Performance Review program exists to bolster these types of conversations between employees and their manager. Please reach out to your local Human Resources representative if you would like to talk about this in more detail.

Friendly, clean environment with knowledgeable staff

For me a typical day is designing residential and commercial concepts, interpreting Zoning By-Law and everything in between. The management is respectable and there to help. The hardest part of the job is multi tasking. The most enjoyable part is getting a design approved by management.

Productive oriented

The company is not bad. But recently they undergo shrinking in company size. OS need to layoff people. Not much formal training. Sometime quite stressful. Pay was not bad.

Iam a civil engineer

I have over 18 years of experience working in various Civil Engineering sectors including Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and Municipal projects, utility, wastewater, water mains, Sanitary, sewer projects. Specializing in structural design and analysis, project management, project coordination, Client liaison, site inspection, contract administration and QA/QC

Pros

free membership of gym

Cons

Very Strict environment to work in

A typical day starting at 8:30, opening Reception lobby, get organized to take phone Inquiries and greet walk-in clients, calendars management, ordering supplies, responsible for keeping Reception lobby clean.

Pros

Did not have to work overtime

Cons

Having a different lunch schedule weekly, was hard on the stomach

Senior Management who don't know how to manage

My direct manager was a mentor to me and was a great influence. However the environment was chaotic, and Senior Management did not have control over their employees.

Jobs at IBI Group

See more jobs

Good work environment with good opportunity to develop your career

you are expected to work hard in the normal hours and your work is appreciated. Experienced management that you can learn a lot from. there are several social activities through out the year, sport events and parties etc.

Productive with very supportive managers

IBI Group is one of the can recommend as a good company. My typical work day since I started were Monday to Friday with 8 hours a day. I can say that IBI Group gave a lot of information, knowledge for the new programs in drafting and designing. Culture of hard work and fun. The management very supportive to the employee for the professional development and provide trainings. Enjoyable part every time when the design submission approved by the City.

Pros

Hard work with fun

Cons

No retirement benifits

No Room for Advancement

Supervisor would not share work and instead would complain about how busy they were. Very clicky and poorly managed. No training. Ego's galore. Bad attitudes were overlooked.

Pros

pay cheque

Cons

See above

Overall a good place to work.

This company provided a good work experience The workplace was clean and most of the personnel were fun to work with. Management was helpful when they were asked questions and/or confronted with difficult situations.

working with both the IT and Systems department was an awesome experience

i spent most my time at IBI Group splitting a 70 hour work week between the systems projects working all over North America and the IT department. The IT department had a centralized management team that was inexperienced with most technology as well as project management skills. The systems group was amazing and the team cooperative environment was second to none. They hired the best of the best and brought several offices together to complete projects for clients in a manner that made learning both easy and fun.

Pros

education and skills

Cons

management lacking

IBI Group

I take care of drafting redline and asbuilt drawings, as well as assisting the Director of Engineering. I have learned a lot of AutoCAD skills Management is too far removed from the day to day running of the company, therefore a lot of details fall through the cracks. The co-workers are not accountable at all for their quality of work. The hardest part of my job is getting the information I need from my colleagues. The drafting is the most enjoyable part for me.

Pros

Challenging and fulfilling work

Cons

Very negative people

Over-all nice people

I worked for IBI Group for several months. Unfortunately they were experiencing some financial issues, where the stock price went from around $20 to $0.75. This however, was not really reflected in the job culture, and upper-level management (CEO) did a good job of holding town halls in communicating with all employees about fears and changes, However, immediate management in some areas hold their own agendas, just like anywhere, I suppose, and some have issues in separating personal differences from one's potential. Co-workers - bright individuals

Pros

Co-workers, great work environment

Cons

Management culture centered around lower paid employees, which translates to less experienced employees.