IBI Group logo
IBI Group

IBI Group Employee Reviews

They have lot of activities happening at the firm

Featured review

IBI Group selected this as a representative review
Some days are prolonged paced and some with enough working pressure, but most of the time, it provides the right work-life balance. They have some summer activities that encourage a good and healthy lifestyle.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking time to write a review! We appreciate you acknowledging the fact that IBI provides the right work-life balance to our employees as that can sometimes be difficult to achieve in such a tight deadline-driven industry. We encourage all of our employees to live a balanced, healthy lifestyle and enjoy supporting that through fun health and fitness competitions, wellness resources and interactive classes with their fellow colleagues! We are glad you enjoyed these and took the time to participate!

Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table

Good organizing of working process. I've learnt a fundamental knowledge of my job responsibilities but sometimes need further mentorship. The company is a fun place to work with, though sometimes too many entertainment activities. I enjoyed the time in this company, have known many friends, and wish to concentrate on my professional career further.

Pros

Free lunches

not productive environment

many inexperienced staff without training and management. no clear job duties assignment from manager in result of poor quality products. There is no annual performance review and job security.

Pros

relax

Cons

no job security

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review. We are saddened to hear that you don’t think IBI is a productive environment. We take pride in the services we offer and the high caliber of products we provide our clients while we work together to define the cities of tomorrow. Open and honest dialogue between management and their teams is extremely important to us. We try to bolster this through our semi-annual Performance Review program by providing a structured opportunity for managers and employees alike to talk about performance and career growth openly. We regret to hear that this wasn’t something you participated in. All the best to you and good luck with your future endeavors.

No room for promotion

There are a core of old emloyees have control of company and no room for new emplyees to promote. In Rare cases promtion hapened but salary didn't chane. Salary is very low. No RRSP. No Raise.

Pros

Job Security

Cons

Low Salary. No Promotion

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. IBI Group always strives to give recognition to their hardworking employees, whether it be through our KUDOS program or when applicable, through merit increases, incentive bonuses or promotions. We appreciate the time and effort our employees put into their work and aim to reward them for that in a fair and measurable way. Where compensation is concerned, we have a team that is always analyzing market trends to make sure we remain competitive. Although you are no longer with IBI Group, we appreciate the feedback!

Toxic corporate culture

Architectural dept. recieves no support from Sr. management, and is passed over for prominent local projects in favour of Vancouver and Toronto offices. Sr. Architects led by Sr. manager forced to relocate to Calgary from Vancouver, and is unmotivated to lead, i.e: no team work, team meetings, feedback, positive motivation or collaboration. Toxic, stressful, silent, de-motivating environment. Hostile and confrontational Sr.Architects

Pros

Great location, stoic and friendly junior staff

Cons

Toxic, de-motivating, stressful, poor management

27 April 2021
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you did not have the best experience working at IBI Group. We regret that you felt your manager was not supportive as we strive to hire and promote individuals with proven abilities to support their people in a positive way. We agree that there should always be open dialogue, whether through meetings and feedback, between management and their teams.. Our goal is to provide an environment that ensures our staff is motivated and productive. Being in such a deadline driven industry, there are stressors that come with that, but we want our employees to have as much work-life balance as possible. Although you are not an employee of IBI Group any longer, please know that we appreciate the feedback and will further investigate this matter.

friendly work environment

It's a good place for work and learn specially for the fresh engineers, friendly management, big projects. unfortunate no promotion will happen during the years.

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review! We take pride in being a global firm with industry leading architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals. With this comes an environment filled with talented individuals and cutting-edge projects. Whether this is your first job, or you’re seasoned in your career, IBI Group ensures that you are always learning and gaining experience; whether it be through the managers, the types of projects we work on, or your fellow colleagues. Where career advancement is concerned, our employees have the opportunity for open and honest dialogue with their managers semi-annually through our Performance Review program and the topic of career progression is something we highly encourage at these times.

good learning experience

Management doesnt know how to retain good , sincere employees. Otherwise they have fun events. Social every last friday of the month. Stressful at times, but can have some relaxed moments as well.

27 April 2021
Thank you for your review! Retaining employees is of the upmost importance to IBI Group and we strive to do that through consistent salary review, growth opportunities, and fostering a healthy company culture. If there is further feedback on how you think IBI can do a better job, we invite you to reach out to your local HRBP. While virtual now, office socials were a way for us to thank our employees for their hard work and dedication and hope that once it is safe to return to office, will host everyone again!

Great workplace for self sufficient people

Don’t expect much guidance from upper management but if your have confidence in your abilities and can run a project independently this is a good firm. Junior staff can be moved around without notice making mid level management a challenge. Zero feedback on your performance so hard to tell if you are meeting upper management expectations. Overall decent pay, flexible schedule as long as your get your work done.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We regret to hear that you feel you lack guidance and support from your manager. It is our expectation that managers are fostering an open line of communication with their staff. Providing feedback should be something that occurring on an ongoing basis and our semi-annual Performance Review program exists to bolster these types of conversations between employees and their manager. Please reach out to your local Human Resources representative if you would like to talk about this in more detail.

Productive, Flexible working environment

A growing company looking to keep pace and lead the industry into the future by utilizing all the available tools to make it happen. There is also a drive to make the company less of a service company.

27 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about IBI Group! We are always looking for ways to grow and stay competitive in this industry and we know that we can’t achieve that without the talent individuals we have on our teams.

A very helpful place

IBI has a excellent workplace culture. Managers are friendly and always helps you out. Stress-free environment. Will treat everyone equally. Best professional training.

27 April 2021
Thank you for providing some positive feedback about your experience working at IBI Group. A positive and open environment is what we are continuously striving for and we always want to make sure our employees are developing in the best ways they can.

Jobs at IBI Group

See more jobs

Professional

Well structured Company, good help available and cooperation. Good scope for growth. Interesting work with job satisfaction. Infrastructure jobs many as they excel in it.

Friendly, clean environment with knowledgeable staff

For me a typical day is designing residential and commercial concepts, interpreting Zoning By-Law and everything in between. The management is respectable and there to help. The hardest part of the job is multi tasking. The most enjoyable part is getting a design approved by management.

Good variety of projects

Opportunity to work on different projects, and learn. Good environment and people. Can work from home sometimes. Not very competitive salary and benefits.

Productive oriented

The company is not bad. But recently they undergo shrinking in company size. OS need to layoff people. Not much formal training. Sometime quite stressful. Pay was not bad.

Productive workplace with project diversity

IBI Group is a innovative company that thrives on future technology and leading design technology we know to date. Room for growth as an employee with plenty of project diversity and leadership roles to take on.

Productivity

During a typical work week, one of my biggest tasks is checking in on my tasks and assessing progress on various projects. I like to meet first thing on Mondays to discuss our priorities for the week, then meet again in the middle of the week to check progress to discuss goal setting for the next week. On Fridays, I make sure all tasks are completed and I've sent all the necessary communications via email and in person. Finally, I create a list of priorities for next week.

Iam a civil engineer

I have over 18 years of experience working in various Civil Engineering sectors including Ministry of Transportation (MTO) and Municipal projects, utility, wastewater, water mains, Sanitary, sewer projects. Specializing in structural design and analysis, project management, project coordination, Client liaison, site inspection, contract administration and QA/QC

Pros

free membership of gym

Very encouraging environment.

Very encouraging environment. Employees are encouraged to share their insights at meetings and present personal projects. There is an atmosphere of familiarity among employees. People are generally congenial and supportive.

Pros

frequent social activities

Construction Inspector

Worked as Construction Inspector with various projects. Such as installation of watermain, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, construction of road, construction of parking lot etc.

A place to learn and grow your experiences

You will learn a lot and grow your knowledge and experience quickly. If you are willing to do the work, most stuff is not as off limits like it would be in a more rigid environment where the lines are clearly drawn which specify when something should no longer involve you and should be passed along.

Very Strict environment to work in

A typical day starting at 8:30, opening Reception lobby, get organized to take phone Inquiries and greet walk-in clients, calendars management, ordering supplies, responsible for keeping Reception lobby clean.

Pros

Did not have to work overtime

Cons

Having a different lunch schedule weekly, was hard on the stomach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBI Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement