Ian Martin Group

Ian Martin Group Employee Reviews

the workplace is very good. all the staff is collaborative and helpful. overall, my experience is very good at Ian Martin. There are many options to grow internally.
Wish I was still on with them. After contract ended, they let me go, instead of finding me another contract to go to, as was told to me, when I first signed on with them. Definitely disappointed due to that.
Be familiar with the concepts of Self management and TEAL if you are interested in working here. Knowing these concepts in advance will prepare you for working at IMG.
i did filing entering data into an accounting system also created invoices. i worked in the IT department. correcting data files for loading into program.
The company is run by amazing people that only want to see you succeed. The only problem I ran into is that I got laid off after working for 3 weeks because there was no work for me.
Pros
Amazing management that wants to see you succeed
Cons
Laid off due to lack of work after 3 weeks
I worked here during the early 2000s. The company had a nice, friendly culture. The atmosphere was professional and the offices were really nice though a little remote.
The best culture of any company I've ever worked for. The company put a great deal of focus into leadership training, empowering workers and providing an amazing workspace.
The Ian Martin Group as a whole is an extremely inviting place to work. They have created a family environment where work/life balance, health and growth is encouraged.
Ttres bien lez etape sans simple et je suis heureux
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
asserance
Couldn't speak more highly of this company. Starting with the CEO and spreading throughout the entire company, the employees of IMG are constantly looking to find innovative ways to do business while maintaining an upstanding reputation and an incredible workplace culture.
Great place to start your IT career. Never had IT experience before and learned new things everyday. Colleagues are great to work with.
Pros
Good business to start IT career
Cons
Contract
I like this place, it is comfortable. But for me, comfortable is not awesome. I like to disrupt, question, and move forward with new ideas and initiatives. Most people in this environment are hesitant to discuss best practices, improvement, and analyze their own and the teams collective output with scrutiny at the fear of being pushed away from the level of comfort that embedded in the company.
Pros
Good and wholesome people.
Cons
Not a focused environment, lack of planning, and leadership. Top heavy.
Safety is reflected in all decisions. Having the opportunity to work as a commissioning lead and system specialist allowed me to be split time between the office and field work. Each day brought new learning opportunities, challenges and triumphs. I look forward to continuing in a work place where I can contribute with my work ethic and positive attitude.
working at the art museum's bookstore was a good first start for me in the art industry. Of course, I didn't make the art, but it helped me discover many different artists and it will definitely help me in the future. the place was calm and easy going and I made many friends during that time. The harder part was mostly the difficult customers, but it didn't happen a lot, as well as having to review jewelries, which was my only weakness. There were numerous rushes, but I got used to them after a while.
Pros
lunch were cheaper, a good start in the art industry
Cons
I sometimes had to stand up for over an hour
If you are at a remote location you are like the ugly step child. Main locations have lots of fun. Owner is great and personable, really enjoyed that they are down to earth. Wish I was at the Oakville location
Great place to work! Each day is different and new. Not much chance to grow though. It is a small company.
Agency rep was very easy to talk to and communicate with. She always found the time to deal with any concerns I had and was always able to resolve any payroll issues that came up.
A typical day was dealing and helping clients I learned how to populate Remedy Management needs to be revised and looked into. Very judgmental, needs to listen to the employees and give them a chance Most Co-workers were nice Hardest part of the job was trying to help a customer only to find out that I never had the proper resources to help them Most enjoyable part of my day was when a Client thanked me for my help.
Pros
Could be a great co-op for a new grad
Cons
No sufficient resources available, micro managed
tech supoort for printers. my coworkers were good to work with and the management sometime was lacking
It seems quite amazing now as time passes that what I experienced and reflected upon, over the my eleven years at Ian Martin Limited are the same feelings that I still have today. Equally refined and understood are my memories, from the trials of exuberance and exhaustion that were impressed upon me by myself and those around me. From taking the reins to transition Nortel's hardware engineering services and making Ian Martin a Tier One supplier was a great challenge but definitely a source of tremendous pride for all of the team at Ian Martin. We worked hard, and smart, and honestly to give our customers the best experience possible. I always come full circle to see it this that this journey really encompassed a truly enjoyable engagement with people. It is the people really. The day to day interactions......."What do you have going on today?", "Do you need any help?", "Would you like to go for lunch on Thursday?", and then on Friday saying "WOW! We did it! We accomplished everything we wanted to do this week. Have a great weekend and see you again on Monday, alright!!!"
Pros
Able to periodically work from home and flex hours
Cons
Commute was fourty six kilometers one way
The salary was good if there was enough work, which usually wasn't the case as it seemed to go to the US more than the Canadian contractors.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not enough work