IBM
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

IBM Management reviews

Typical day can be extremely busy (overtime, stress) or completely silent (unknown, waiting for fire drill), or somewhere in between. Workplace culture is improving drastically - good on them. IF you work with great people the job can actually be fun. If you work with difficult people, the exact opposite happens. The company still uses antiquated processes within unfortunately, and shuffles people/strategy quite frequently. Overall a good place to work. Great is only when you land within a fantastic team.
Pros
People
Cons
Disparate systems, too many layers
Unethical business practices and investment strategies by management. Company does not stay neutral in decisions made with the partners that take on in political views. Would never work for them.
Pros
Non
IBM provides cheap IT services to clients who think they will benefit from outsource the service to a 3rd party.The money making is done through their employees. The company will not invest a dime on employees unless clients pay.The plan is to reduce the amount of people to a minimum, have them work 24/7/365 and bill your client.The 40 hours a week will not get you far, no OT pay, your employee ‘ratings’ depends on the free hours you provide and you are compared to your peers every period.only the ones who provide free (many) hours may see salary increases or bonuses that are a joke.over the years, i saw people dropping like flies and rush to a hospital after being overworked.most companies sign the deal with IBM will not renew after realizing they’ve been had.You will find no love for IBM from employees and management alike.unless you have no others option.. keep looking
Pros
item to add to the resume
Cons
too long to count
IBM Business partners are under agreement and can work from home, and offers a website development and advertising programme for Business Premier partners. Building. Clients is hard work and very rewarding. There are management level webcasts and very good training. I learned how to bring in major clients. The typical day is meeting clients emailing prospective clients of my client data base.
Pros
Buffett lunches for product events
Cons
40 to 60 hours a week
dont care about you as a person, fired over 20k people worldwide during global pandemic. I learned that management doesnt care about your career and they fire top performers.
Effort not equal to rewardManagement more interested in managing upward than downward leaving teams leaderless in a lot of casesLayoffs are not performance based and performed in a dishonest manner
It's pleasure to working with IBM where I have learned so many things. Management is very cooperative and practical which always help to enhance our skills and career path.
Good place to work, I was motivated every year while I was in IBM. I improved my skills with hands-on working and helped by a lot of colleagues. Most important, the culture and management style was very friendly and open enough for employees to focus on the job and learn. A great place to work with lot's of travel.
Technical Delivery Team. Skilled Management Group. Balanced Workload In Most of Times. Supportive Organization During Crisis Situation. Supportive Organization For Skill Building And New Opportunity. Global Team To Support Customer Relationship And Delivery Management.
Very productive and fun place to work with less work pressure and the management is too good to handle the things in easy way .workplace will be so good with some free snacks
IBM was a great place to work. My job was full time from home and I was able to do my job mostly autonomously. The management culture was supportive.
A lost company. Always following and copying, never leading. Employees are scared to lose their jobs which makes for a terrible work environment. Everyone out for themselves.
I have worked on multiple projects. Management is supportive and the overall work environment is good. But there was a lack of planning and strategy from the management on the project timelines.
I worked at IBM Canada a number of years ago where I sis two one month placement through a.temporary agency. The atmosphere was excellent they also had top-notch management persons. Work was very rewarding as I had recently graduated from a technical college and my skills were utilized very precisely. Overall I am very thankful for my time at this company and give it t
Supportive management; clear targets that must be earned; entrenched professionalism, coaching & mentoring. Flexible workplace and especially good for those with young families. ...one downside, bonding & socialization with the team is an expectation of many! One can hardly survive outside this circle of (usually) the 'boys' club'.
Bad management. Horrible care or concern for employees. I wouldn't recommend IBM to my worst enemy. They just do not care about their employees or customers.
Work environment where it is easy to make connections with team and sink in a cynergetic collaboration with your project team members. Organisation is very good with a vendor and delivery management practice.
IBM is very large and as a result the executive leadership is very focused on their own success. The delivery teams are all very good and skilled but eventually cost take out initiatives make it very difficult to support the customers.
J’ai fait plusieurs contrats chez IBM et j’ai découvert des gens formidables. Le travail est intéressant et la sécurité des gens est une valeur sûre chez IBM. Le travail bien fait est reconnu et tous collaborent au succès de l’entreprise. Il y a de la formation en continue. Je m’y sentais chez-moi et j’ai beaucoup aimé! Si vous aimez travailler dans un endroit qui ne ressemble pas à une usine, vous êtes au bon endroit!
The legendary company. Work with skilled professionals. Great education programs for employees. High salary. High internal culture. High standards. Modern offices. Great opportunities for growth skills up. Working here a great way to become a professional. Hi security standards.