IBM
Happiness score is 69 out of 100

IBM Job security & advancement reviews

Good company for juniors to learn about processes and documentation and low level technical stuff. Once you are Senior (6-7 years experience), get out of there FAST. Dont... even...hesitate...
Milieu de travail stimulant où nous sommes encouragé à développer nos compétences dans un environnement basé sur le travail d’équipe.
L'ambiance de travail et la collaboration sont les atout majeurs de mon emploi.
Pros
Caféteria, ambiance
Cons
contrat
If you want to learn while you earn, IBM is an excellent place. If you want a company that has been a world leader in areas like inclusion, diversity, equal opportunity for advancement and a safe supportive workspace, IBM has been doing this DECADES before it became fashionable or was required by law.If you want to really understand how to provide global scale computer systems outsourcing, work at the company that has been doing it for every conceivable industry and government since at least the 1960's.If you want to work at a company that has the DNA of inventing or been a grassroots adopter and supporter of every virtually every concept in computing, think of IBM.If you want to work alongside people who may become world class in their profession, or become one yourself, give IBM strong consideration.
Pros
World class people and technology
Cons
Not really a con, but you work HARD!
This was a great work experience. Wonderful people and fun place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunities available. Team work is a valuable asset for all employees
Pros
Close membership
Cons
I don’t have any cons
I worked here in the mail room in 2018 on contract for 4 months. The lady that trained me was very nice, patient and understanding, but she eventually retired, and left. So I was left with a less than desirable so called " manager" who previously had absolutely NO experience in being a manager when I arrived there in December 2018. This person was a shipper/receiver who threw her weight around and was a complete bully and had absolutely NO professionalism in her work ethics. She gossiped about everyone, and had NO understanding if you made a mistake and didn't find solutions to helping you if you DID make a mistake! She was NOT a nice person to work for. She made the work place stressful and made it very unpleasant to come to work in the morning. She pinned other employees against each other as well. I WAS interested in working there full time (as I was there through an Agency) and she knew it, but made NO effort to help me apply internally, as there was a special protocol to applying internally. They DO NOT hire people from Agencies on a permanent basis either!!! I don't find this fair at all. She KNEW I needed that job and didn't do anything to make that happen for me. SHE ended up hiring someone externally while I was FULLY trained for the position. BTW...she was the 2ND Manager since I worked there for 4 months. Even the previous manager before HER wasn't great either, but he was better than her! Very disappointing to say the least.
Pros
Private dark room with reclining chairs, blankets and pillows to take a nap on your lunch break.
Cons
Hard pressed to find parking if you leave the parking lot on your lunch break.
dont care about you as a person, fired over 20k people worldwide during global pandemic. I learned that management doesnt care about your career and they fire top performers.
It's pleasure to working with IBM where I have learned so many things. Management is very cooperative and practical which always help to enhance our skills and career path.
8 years losing market share and no change in the strategy. The only idea they have is to cut costs and layoffs. Also, they are changing the mix of the age on the company asking mandatory early retirement. Flexibility on the schedule. A lot of opportunities for learn new things but impossible to apply them. Very limited opportunities.
I liked working at IBM, The job always kept my attention. It is a very productive job. I learned new things with every new assignment. The environment at IBM was very good and always vibrant.
Pros
always learning new things
Cons
some lack of comunication
Good place to work, I was motivated every year while I was in IBM. I improved my skills with hands-on working and helped by a lot of colleagues. Most important, the culture and management style was very friendly and open enough for employees to focus on the job and learn. A great place to work with lot's of travel.
I enjoyed my time with IBM Canada. You will have work-life balance with IBM. Most importantly, depend on your department and team culture. IT related position probably will be the best fit.
IBM is a great place to work . The work culture is great and having good work life balance. I enjoyed my work during 10 year of service with IBM. During this tenure, i worked with people with great knowledge
The internship was great and IBM has many opportunities to socialize with other co-ops. They have workshops around IBM Watson and you can also take online courses with IBM and you get badges for every course you complete. I did their data science badges. I really enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone pursuing a career in Data Science.
Pros
Great learning platform and workshops
Cons
Some managers prefer more of a Laissez-faire approach -won't periodically check on their interns
Good company to work for. The company has a nice open and approchable culture, and helps with professional and personal development. Perks are good. Learning is great
Great place to work with good opportunities to learn and grow. They value the employees and foster a culture of trust and innovation. They are very supportive of a good work-life balance.
You need time to learn all the material that is available. The challenge is having the opportunities to apply such knowledge. Unless you are at the right place at the right time, you will not have the opportunities to do such.
A great place to work with lot's of travel. Working from home is normal and there are a vast amount of opportunities to grow and learn. A great company culture.
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Tons of events throughout the year. Company supports staffs initiatives and always willing to help you advance in your career. Facility has lots of places to relax and snacks are offered for free throughout the building.
IBM provides a fostering work environment to grow and learn by providing opportunities to work on complex large scale projects for some of the largest clients.
  1. Job Security & Advancement