IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Found 1,562 reviews matching the search
Typical day can be extremely busy (overtime, stress) or completely silent (unknown, waiting for fire drill), or somewhere in between. Workplace culture is improving drastically - good on them. IF you work with great people the job can actually be fun. If you work with difficult people, the exact opposite happens. The company still uses antiquated processes within unfortunately, and shuffles people/strategy quite frequently. Overall a good place to work. Great is only when you land within a fantastic team.
Pros
People
Cons
Disparate systems, too many layers
Milieu de travail stimulant où nous sommes encouragé à développer nos compétences dans un environnement basé sur le travail d’équipe.
L'ambiance de travail et la collaboration sont les atout majeurs de mon emploi.
Pros
Caféteria, ambiance
Cons
contrat
If you want to learn while you earn, IBM is an excellent place. If you want a company that has been a world leader in areas like inclusion, diversity, equal opportunity for advancement and a safe supportive workspace, IBM has been doing this DECADES before it became fashionable or was required by law.If you want to really understand how to provide global scale computer systems outsourcing, work at the company that has been doing it for every conceivable industry and government since at least the 1960's.If you want to work at a company that has the DNA of inventing or been a grassroots adopter and supporter of every virtually every concept in computing, think of IBM.If you want to work alongside people who may become world class in their profession, or become one yourself, give IBM strong consideration.
Pros
World class people and technology
Cons
Not really a con, but you work HARD!
IBM teach more help full. willing to teach to learn more IBM related to course. more out door activities. best boot camp. well organize will team/external team meeting.
Pros
Flexible time to work
Cons
No cons
Unethical business practices and investment strategies by management. Company does not stay neutral in decisions made with the partners that take on in political views. Would never work for them.
Pros
Non
Collaborative atmosphere to work in. Remote work has been normal for many years. You will be part of a high performance team, so long hours are sometimes required and expected and paid for.
IBM provides cheap IT services to clients who think they will benefit from outsource the service to a 3rd party.The money making is done through their employees. The company will not invest a dime on employees unless clients pay.The plan is to reduce the amount of people to a minimum, have them work 24/7/365 and bill your client.The 40 hours a week will not get you far, no OT pay, your employee ‘ratings’ depends on the free hours you provide and you are compared to your peers every period.only the ones who provide free (many) hours may see salary increases or bonuses that are a joke.over the years, i saw people dropping like flies and rush to a hospital after being overworked.most companies sign the deal with IBM will not renew after realizing they’ve been had.You will find no love for IBM from employees and management alike.unless you have no others option.. keep looking
Pros
item to add to the resume
Cons
too long to count
IBM Business partners are under agreement and can work from home, and offers a website development and advertising programme for Business Premier partners. Building. Clients is hard work and very rewarding. There are management level webcasts and very good training. I learned how to bring in major clients. The typical day is meeting clients emailing prospective clients of my client data base.
Pros
Buffett lunches for product events
Cons
40 to 60 hours a week
No real issues. Great manager. Lots of overtime if you want it. Long hours, but you have all the tools at your disposal. Work mates were very helpful.
I really enjoyed my time at IBM Canada. It was a fast pace professional office environment that was fun and rewarding everyday. The pay was fabulous! I wish I still worked there!
This was a great work experience. Wonderful people and fun place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunities available. Team work is a valuable asset for all employees
Pros
Close membership
Cons
I don’t have any cons
I worked here in the mail room in 2018 on contract for 4 months. The lady that trained me was very nice, patient and understanding, but she eventually retired, and left. So I was left with a less than desirable so called " manager" who previously had absolutely NO experience in being a manager when I arrived there in December 2018. This person was a shipper/receiver who threw her weight around and was a complete bully and had absolutely NO professionalism in her work ethics. She gossiped about everyone, and had NO understanding if you made a mistake and didn't find solutions to helping you if you DID make a mistake! She was NOT a nice person to work for. She made the work place stressful and made it very unpleasant to come to work in the morning. She pinned other employees against each other as well. I WAS interested in working there full time (as I was there through an Agency) and she knew it, but made NO effort to help me apply internally, as there was a special protocol to applying internally. They DO NOT hire people from Agencies on a permanent basis either!!! I don't find this fair at all. She KNEW I needed that job and didn't do anything to make that happen for me. SHE ended up hiring someone externally while I was FULLY trained for the position. BTW...she was the 2ND Manager since I worked there for 4 months. Even the previous manager before HER wasn't great either, but he was better than her! Very disappointing to say the least.
Pros
Private dark room with reclining chairs, blankets and pillows to take a nap on your lunch break.
Cons
Hard pressed to find parking if you leave the parking lot on your lunch break.
dont care about you as a person, fired over 20k people worldwide during global pandemic. I learned that management doesnt care about your career and they fire top performers.
Effort not equal to rewardManagement more interested in managing upward than downward leaving teams leaderless in a lot of casesLayoffs are not performance based and performed in a dishonest manner
Good company for juniors to learn about processes and documentation and low level technical stuff. Once you are Senior (6-7 years experience), get out of there FAST. Dont... even...hesitate...
It's pleasure to working with IBM where I have learned so many things. Management is very cooperative and practical which always help to enhance our skills and career path.
8 years losing market share and no change in the strategy. The only idea they have is to cut costs and layoffs. Also, they are changing the mix of the age on the company asking mandatory early retirement. Flexibility on the schedule. A lot of opportunities for learn new things but impossible to apply them. Very limited opportunities.
IBM has the benefit of being a gian company, in that sense you don't have to worry about it going under even under stressfull times. However this also means that you can get lost in the crowd. As 1 employee out of 300,000+ it can be hard to stand up and/or advance your carreer as there are many people looking for the same positions. You can also be affected by market shift/loss of businees that's not entirely your fault nad IBM doesn't have ny problems with dropping/selling products that aren't performing at the growth levels shareholders want.
I liked working at IBM, The job always kept my attention. It is a very productive job. I learned new things with every new assignment. The environment at IBM was very good and always vibrant.
Pros
always learning new things
Cons
some lack of comunication
Subcontracting for IBM: Pros: documentation and call in support for contract techs is pretty good. Reasonable compensation for gas. Cons: Often had to drive an hour or more for a client. Drive time is not paid. Low wages for subcontractors.
  1. Employee reviews