IBM

IBM Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Received service call. schedule onsite meet with the customer. Fixed the problem.Supported Toronto downtown core; managed wide range of customers, from large corporate to medium / small businesses. Led team on special projects and directed schedule for shift rotations and vacation coverage.
Pros
Flexible
This was a great work experience. Wonderful people and fun place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunities available. Team work is a valuable asset for all employees
Pros
Close membership
Cons
I don’t have any cons
Bad management. Horrible care or concern for employees. I wouldn't recommend IBM to my worst enemy. They just do not care about their employees or customers.
The overall great benefit is that you get to work from home. However, if you come in on a contract basis you will not get any benefits and the wages are very low compared to the ever rising cost of living. Mind you, I worked for IBM in 2016. Maybe things have changed.
IBM is a large company with many talented employees. However, the culture of consulting, where sales rules, has tainted the experience. Management constantly sells projects with farfetched milestones, that ends up putting the suffering on the delivery team. Could really use a large-scaled replan of company direction and values.
Answered calls for Nstar, GOA and Carlson help desks and was given the opportunity to work from home a few months later. Hours were great and my team members were fun to work with.
The IBM brand status has steadily decreased since I was there. I don't now what it is like anymore. It used to be a great place to get a job. The best in the Service industry.
Pros
Freedom to do your daily job w/o interference
Cons
it's all about the numbers
I have nothing but good things to say about working for IBM. The position I was in was contract only, the site no longer hired permanent employees. This will not be the case for all sites, so just make sure to research the position and location.
Pros
great environment
Cons
no permanent positions available, no benefits
In 2001 BNS outsourced approximately 250 IT folks to IBM. They treated us like family. All different departments crossed over to IBM but we continued to support BNS from IBM. The transition was seamless and all our benefits and salaries carried over to IBM which made the transition seamless.
Pros
Seamless transition
Cons
None that I can think off
Very professional environment and lots of scope to learn and showcase your skills. Great team members and well known company in the globe. Great internal tools to work with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
With flexible working hours and good incentives, once can have a good work life balance while working with this company. A leader in Itself, IBM boasts of excellent culture.
This job of job is rewarding in helping people in their homes and making their lives for them and their families easier. The hardest part of the job is when the client passes away.
Very nice place to work. There were two drawbacks however. The first is you could only work in any one section to a maximum of two years. The second is that depending on the section you worked in you were limited in how much help you could offer customers.
. A typical day at work:Pick up parts for customer and go to site . . What I learn; something new every day IBM was very open to learning . Management : was very good was there for support . Work place culture: was very fast pace. . The hardest part of the job: was a lot of travel and some time long hours, . The most enjoyable part of the job: was helping yours customers.
Pros
lunch per diem
Cons
lot of driving and sometime long hours
I really don't have anything positive to say about IBM, its' culture or the current level of incompetence, nepotism and operational dysfunctional leadership. Strategically the company knows where a=it needs to go but the people driving the ship are futile.
Very comfortable, friendly co workers and management. Irate consumers were trying. Recognition was very nice. Company is very large and well organized.
Pros
rewarded for going above and beyond
Cons
working till 9 pm and some weekends
This employment was not the most enjoyable job. I had no chance for growth within the company. There was no challenges for me to advance my skills within the work place. It was a steady job that provided me with Monday-Friday 9-5 employment.
Pros
Fellow Employees
Cons
No Benifits
Get to my office and desk and take clients calls and try and resolve their issues using effective methods .
Typical day at work included coming in and taking calls, and following up with customers. Ensuring that needs were met and taken care of. Management was supportive. Good work environment.
Pros
Good place
Cons
none.
The day was never the same,with us taking over the back office duties from the closure of Argentina work was fast paced. Daily you needed to think on your feet let senor management know if outside the parameters, and they would add that situation to the parameters for daily work.
Pros
they had a on line univeristy so you could take any course for free.
Cons
As a contractor the security was as long as the contract was, and you did not qualify for many perks as you were not an IBM employee
As a Customer Service Agent it is good to be able to handle customers problems under a huge company like IBM, Where perfection is the only accepted outcome.
  1. Customer Service Representative