IBM

IBM Employee Reviews in Markham, ON

IBM Business partners are under agreement and can work from home, and offers a website development and advertising programme for Business Premier partners. Building. Clients is hard work and very rewarding. There are management level webcasts and very good training. I learned how to bring in major clients. The typical day is meeting clients emailing prospective clients of my client data base.
Pros
Buffett lunches for product events
Cons
40 to 60 hours a week
Collaborative atmosphere to work in. Remote work has been normal for many years. You will be part of a high performance team, so long hours are sometimes required and expected and paid for.
This was a great work experience. Wonderful people and fun place to learn and grow. A lot of opportunities available. Team work is a valuable asset for all employees
Pros
Close membership
Cons
I don’t have any cons
8 years losing market share and no change in the strategy. The only idea they have is to cut costs and layoffs. Also, they are changing the mix of the age on the company asking mandatory early retirement. Flexibility on the schedule. A lot of opportunities for learn new things but impossible to apply them. Very limited opportunities.
I liked working at IBM, The job always kept my attention. It is a very productive job. I learned new things with every new assignment. The environment at IBM was very good and always vibrant.
Pros
always learning new things
Cons
some lack of comunication
Fresher friendly. Office layout is nice with the cafeteria. Lots of client exposure and colleagues are helpful. Interesting project work, can get ample of overtime if ready to do it.
The internship was great and IBM has many opportunities to socialize with other co-ops. They have workshops around IBM Watson and you can also take online courses with IBM and you get badges for every course you complete. I did their data science badges. I really enjoyed my time there and would recommend it to anyone pursuing a career in Data Science.
Pros
Great learning platform and workshops
Cons
Some managers prefer more of a Laissez-faire approach -won't periodically check on their interns
Great place to work. Friendly environment. Tons of events throughout the year. Company supports staffs initiatives and always willing to help you advance in your career. Facility has lots of places to relax and snacks are offered for free throughout the building.
Its never a dull day at IBM. Always something to do, a new tool or drill to be learned, different technology and computer parts to know about. It was a really fun time absorbing and getting a chance to be with computer technicians who have been there for years allowing them to teach me about the system.
Everyone is always willing to help/teach you. There's always new and exciting events that allow for a sense of community. Every day is a new day to experience.
I have worked on multiple projects. Management is supportive and the overall work environment is good. But there was a lack of planning and strategy from the management on the project timelines.
Free snacks, table tennis tables. Very smart co workers who are always ready to help you. Highly recommended, very stable work place. Quarterly all hands meetings are very lively.
Complex reporting hierarchies within Global business services team at IBM with expectations that weren't commensurate with ground realities. Once hired, as a consultant I was placed on a specific project for a finite time. The discrepancy between my salary and what IBM charged the end client as professional services fee was huge. The benefits of working as a consultant within GBS weren't that great - typical 2 week vacation with minimum health and dental benefits. IBM's coaching/employee review model was ridden with bureaucratic styled red tape - feedback on a consultant's performance was gathered from many bosses - Delivery manager, project manager, profile manager, team lead, and end client. This rendered the review process to be elaborate and ineffective - the model lacked the spirit and intent of coaching and feedback. Work assignments lacked collaboration, and employees were silo'ed into cubicles within sub-teams/teams/departments - an environment not conducive for teamwork.
I worked at IBM Canada a number of years ago where I sis two one month placement through a.temporary agency. The atmosphere was excellent they also had top-notch management persons. Work was very rewarding as I had recently graduated from a technical college and my skills were utilized very precisely. Overall I am very thankful for my time at this company and give it t
Supportive management; clear targets that must be earned; entrenched professionalism, coaching & mentoring. Flexible workplace and especially good for those with young families. ...one downside, bonding & socialization with the team is an expectation of many! One can hardly survive outside this circle of (usually) the 'boys' club'.
A nice place to work at. Good people good atmosphere. Kept busy and its fun but theres no work life balance. So just work hard and have fun enjoy!!
good for entry level software developers and tons of talented senior developers to learn from but work culture isnt the best and lot of overtime work required without getting paid and not much bonus
The day with the client is always productive as it is. Every day, the client will contact us or we contact them for any issues. There, we develop a relationship with the client, where they are used to our types of calls or the issues which are the typical things talked about. The hardest part of the job is when the client is not very vocal about the way the job is being handled. The most enjoyable part of the job is when the client is very informative about our activities. But the most part is the professional culture between both companies.
Always felt privileged at IBM. No issues with respect to work life balance. Enough opportunities as IBM has a number of clients across different domains.
Worklife balance is best at IBM. IBM has the best Processes in the IT industry. And lot of technology which at times is not saleable to small size projects.
Pros
IBM processes are best
Cons
Not all Mgmt. Are approachable
There is a fantastic e-learning platform and in classroom training opportunities. They ensure the teams are fully trained and have all the tools required to deliver top quality deliverables ensuring client success. Delighting the Client is the center of everything we do.