IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

Showing all 30,711 reviews
Typical day can be extremely busy (overtime, stress) or completely silent (unknown, waiting for fire drill), or somewhere in between. Workplace culture is improving drastically - good on them. IF you work with great people the job can actually be fun. If you work with difficult people, the exact opposite happens. The company still uses antiquated processes within unfortunately, and shuffles people/strategy quite frequently. Overall a good place to work. Great is only when you land within a fantastic team.
Pros
People
Cons
Disparate systems, too many layers
Good company to work with. Job security. Good management. Good team. Good culture. Hike is very less but you got job security. Enough paid leaves. Thanks
Pros
Job security, Good benefits
Cons
Stress
IBM is a very good place for experienced candidates, we can explore more things parallelly we can enjoy more fun when participating events occasionally.
Need to support legacy technology for customers, always held back to support mainframe customers. Unstable environment with constant layoffs. Not the leading technology
Pros
Respectable name
Cons
Unstable environment with constant layoffs
Great flexibility, how difficult your work is depends on the client you get assigned. Working from home option is great and save a lot of time on comuting and getting stuck in traffic.
Its an awesome culture. Very collaborative, competitive and relatively no pressure environment. There is awesome scope for professional/career progression. Lots of tools/learning portals to update skillsets and learning new technologies.
Trabalhei com muito orgulho por 3 anos nesta empresa. Apesar de minhas atividades de alta complexidade me foi concedido varios treinamentos para sempre melhor me qualificar a exercer estas tarefas. Obtive maior crescimento professional após cada tratativa comercial. Agradeço pela oportunidade.
Pros
Plano de Saude
Cons
nenhuma
Good for the Fortune 50 experience, not worth staying at more than a couple years if you want to grow, advance, and be fairly compensated for your work.
IBM is no more an IBM we used to know. Gradually, it's India operation has been filled up with people in middle management who relies more on buttering and saving their own job, rather emerging as a thought provoking leaders. This racket has become fairly large and they never promote employees in actual sense. There are lack of career development and growth opportunities. All policies exists on pen and paper only and twisted as per the management need when it requires to squeeze/corner an employee who is NOT an yes man. It's "you scratch my back, I will do yours" atmosphere created in very organized way. Various operational decisions will flow down and Band 8/9/10 people are only keen to hear from YES MEN!! They created an environment gradually that damaged the harmony, franternity amongst the co-workers and there is a very unhealthy competition to be in manager's good book culture developed. This entire chain is dependant on personal level to each other. Some managers work on behalf of their tower leaders to collect house rent, cheque deposits to the bank, just to satisfy their supervisors for years. Think how they would think of their subordinates!!!?? There have been an unholy nexus formed between project managers, tech managers, tower leads and local HRs where there specific regionality matches, and come down to the employees hard as a gang to supress the employees who raise their voices. There are trememndous level of biasness and nepotism prevailing that has been flowing much above the IBM's policies on record and no senior management desire to look down below, to see - more...
Pros
Learning various courses
Cons
Growth, benifits, people
Compensation is okay, but better than smaller companies.Where IBM really shines is in the talented people that it has, in my case both engineers and managers.Also they have some very interesting products.
If your position requires travel, expect a lot of travel. Coach is standard until you get status on airlines then upgrades are free (when available) on airlines and hotels. I do not regret my years at IBM.
Great work life balance. Amazing direct manager that do listen to the employees. While there is a lot to improve but IBM is changing to the right direction.
Pros
Flexible office and work from home mix. Best work life balance
Cons
Compensation is not very competitive compared to other big tech company
Exelente empresa y te ayudan a crecer como profecional y exelentes prestaciones..
Pros
Seguros de gastos medicos mayores
Cons
Ninguno
Management was very supportive. Provided with opportunities to work with multiple clients over the years. Flexibility in work schedule and at times work location.
Good work life balance. A lot of free learning material available if you want to learn a new technology or switch your career path. But very little scope for growth.
Pros
work life balance
Management are not qualified to be on their roles. You work until your drop, Management were bullying employees and always threatening to lose jobs if you don't agree with their crazy ways of doing things
Pros
Cons
No work life balance, always laying off and never know when you will lose your job.
IBM used to be a place to be proud of where you worked. Now, it is all about cost savings and not about the customer or employees. Not a place I would recommend for job seekers. There are better companies with better compensation elsewhere.
It's is outstanding company to work for I was an IBM baby and continued my late mother's journey to represent IBM with dignity and grace. To be employed by IBM is just not a job it is a privilege of family honesty friendship values and most of all the empowerment of knowing the excitement of what might be announced next by our Scientist. I was found by Mathematicians before I even knew I had a gift not knowing the brilliance of our didn't only exist with math the watched me start typing at 8 words a minute and succeed to 70 as I went on to train myself in graphic presentations I soon with no questions was a have to hire up.
I had quite a number of chances to excel during my twenty years with IBM. As with all large companies, there are times where you just have to shake your head then press on because you are not set up for success. There are other times when you get to work across all functional lines of the company and mobilize the total capability of the company to produce a unique solution for your clients -- and that's an awesome experience!!
Pros
Being treated like a person
Cons
Direction that doesn't make sense as well as quotas that are impossible to attain
A place to work many new courses basing on our intrest which helps in career in the long run We can do many certifications .A very good place for the women to work
Pros
Flexible to work
Cons
At times work pressure
Good source of diverse opportunities for technical staff and would recommend IBM to any candidate. IBM is a great company to work for and has afforded me many opportunities to grow my career both internally and externally.
  1. Employee reviews