IBM
Happiness score is 69 out of 100
IBM Employee Review

Management Change killed the atomsphere

23 October 2018
Once management changed, things got too stressful. My former shift lead was promoted to manager but he definitely was not fit to be a manager. He was put there because he had been there the longest when the other manager quit. A good 6, from a 15 person team, eventually found other jobs because the new manager liked to micromanage and was incompetent. That is ultimately the main reason I also found another job simply because I couldn't deal with the constant micromanaging even though I was there for 3 years and knew how to do my job well. If it wasn't for the new manager, I wouldv'e never left.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Snack, benefits, co-workers
Cons
Management, unpaid lunch, high turnover
24 June 2020
IMAC Technician (Former Employee) - various
Subcontracting for IBM: Pros: documentation and call in support for contract techs is pretty good. Reasonable compensation for gas. Cons: Often had to drive an hour or more for a client. Drive time is not paid. Low wages for subcontractors.
27 November 2019
IMAC Technician (Former Employee) - Toronto, ON
Initially, management was all about the numbers which put a strain on the team because of the added and unnecessary stress. Management changed and so did the culture on the team for the better. For the remainder of my time there I really enjoyed working with the team of highly skilled techs.
8 September 2019
Technician (Former Employee) - Markham, ON
You will never get any where with the amount they pay you, neither you will advance in your career. the management treat you as a tool to fulfill the client deadline.
  1. Management Change killed the atomsphere