IBM
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

IBM Employee Reviews

Canada1,766 reviews

Found 1,766 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,371 reviews

Great Place to work! You can always count on the people you work with to help you out whenever you need it!

Not your typical office job... Although, most positions are 9-5, the work schedule is quite flexible and they allow you the time you have to express your talent and ambitions to help you excel and exceed at your career! Awesome job IBM!

Environnement de travail productif

Cadre agréable dans une équipe collaboratrice. Une belle expérience

Working at IBM as a developer

It was a nice experience. I learnt a lot of new technology. The team was great and the management was vary very helpful, I really enjoy working their.

Productivity is high

Have to work long hours but most of the ibmers do.Work is stressful but impactful.Promotions might be slowHuge organization so make sure you mak your presence felt ( using your work ofcourse)

Fast paced culture

Strong management style and excellent projects. Intense environment with challenging needs. Competing needs from multiple projects makes for a busy work environment.

Pros

Onsite cafeteria

Cons

Difficult commute

Stressful and poor management

Not a good company as it appears to be specially for the management environment During my career I never ever have experimented the dead of an employee in any company but at IBM This employee committed suicide because his relationship with management and he did at the IBM premises

Pros

Good technology

Cons

Poor systems design and extremely pressure to meet deadlines

Great Reputation

IBM has a Great Reputation and looks good on the resume.A lot to learn from other IBMers.Very good training and collaborative environment.Overall, good company

Good Opportunity to Learn

Working at IBM as an intern was a good opportunity. The team was fun and there was lots of opportunities to learn. The work environment was reasonable and you could do as much as you wanted.

Very good company to work at. Loads of benefits and free snacks.

Great place to grow your career and learn new skills with super talented people. The offices are very nice and get cleaned nightly. Everything you need to do your job you do not need to ask for things.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

Very competitive

Decent pay, benefits, work/life balance

Decent benefits and work/life balance. If you have a good manager, you are able to move up and take on more responsibility. If you have a bad manager, well... at any company it's hard to succeed without one.

This is a place that everyone helped each other. My manager including too. Made me feel that the whole company was like a family where wee all need to go forward

Pros

Could work from home

Cons

It's not longer the same as when I was there

Good place to work. Large variety of courses to improve your education and give you chances for better career opportunities. Very good health benefits, fair pay.

Work-life balance

Work-life balanceFamilyYou can't grow in salary but only in position and responsibilitiesLearningExposed to different technologiesDealing with worldwide customers and teamsFlexibility in working timezones

Productive supportive environment to work in.

I worked for IBM for 28 years and totally enjoyed the people I worked with and appreciated the many opportunities I had for advancement. A good company to work for.

Pros

supportive work environment

Cons

compensation could have been better.

Good working environment

I had a enjoyable working life at IBM. Lots of interesting projects in a good team environment. Collegial project driven culture with plenty of good opportunities.Not much more to say.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Driven enviornment

Best place to work

I have worked for 22 years at IBM its the best place in different Jobs and department As400 Batch operationsData Center Support AS400 Technical support

Lack luster start - takes time to get momentum

I was very excited to work at IBM, unitl I started and I wasn't given actual work for about 8.5 months. Usually the initial training (aka doing nothing) is about 3 months, but my own experience was a bit longer than normal due to poor hiring decisions - hiring too many employees for a single new client that ended up terminating the contract.I would go weeks without talking to my direct manager, even though he sat two desks over from myself. Although I do not blame him, he was new to the role when I started and I don't think it was in his job description to be constantly checking on me. He was a very nice guy otherwise.The starting salary and benefits are great for young adults starting their career. IBM is a great place to grow your skills. There is room for advancement but it is a very long term commitement, upwards of a decade for a management role.

Pros

Salary and Benefits

Cons

Poor Intial Training Process

Very Good

Its an awesome culture. Very collaborative, competitive and relatively no pressure environment. There is awesome scope for professional/career progression. Lots of tools/learning portals to update skillsets and learning new technologies.

good place to work

IBM teach more help full. willing to teach to learn more IBM related to course. more out door activities. best boot camp. well organize will team/external team meeting.

Pros

Flexible time to work

Cons

No cons

Unsecured work environment and management

Unethical business practices and investment strategies by management. Company does not stay neutral in decisions made with the partners that take on in political views. Would never work for them.

Pros

Non

Excellent company to work for

Collaborative atmosphere to work in. Remote work has been normal for many years. You will be part of a high performance team, so long hours are sometimes required and expected and paid for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement