Hyundai Motor Company

Hyundai Motor Company Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Management is amazing, vehicles area also amazing, vehicle sales is hard. Commission is horrible as the vehicles are so cheap but very fun place to be at.
Bank street Hyundai in Ottawa on bank street. Favoritism is the language of the day. Low salary and long hours. Overtime to 13 hours per day and then you get shout at.
Pros
Cons
Exhausted after work, long hours and overtime with minimum wage pay
Very political place to work. You must be on your knees constantly pleasuring the ones above you for work. Apprentice and those without licenses are given the best jobs. Shop supervisor doesn’t know much big ego bullying always blaming others and looking for an easy way out and very much a hypocrite. Favouritism is huge here and there is never a lack of conflict of interest. Many here in charge abuse there power and lets it get to there head.
I do not recommend working, walking, buying or even chewing gum at this place.

Reason for termination: not partaking in the sales teams gossip & reporting back to the owners son (who manages this location).

Excelling in my position was apparently not enough...if your not a spy for him and report back the gossip...you sadly are toast, dunzie, finito, fired.

I'm sure his father is so proud to see his hard earned empire crashing down....
Management was a joke they worked against you rather then help. Worked for 8 and a half years and was stressful every year. I tried my best and was top earner every year but had to leave the environment was just too toxic
Certain aspects de l'entreprise peuvent être amélioré ...
Pros
Payant
Cons
Stressant
it feels good to work as a salesman, there is a lot of competition in this business but it always feels good to know about new cars and then interacting with new people and increasing our communication skills.
Pros
increase communication skills
Cons
Very great management staff and a very relaxed but hard working environment very hands on with lots of learning opportunities. Great for someone looking for a full time or part time job who's new to the industry
Management is inexperienced and needs training. Very unprofessional. Judgemental. They do not lead by example. Treat their techs like garbage. The ower only cares about his image and money. He barely knows his employees by name unless he deals with you directly. Otherwise he will refer to you as "you" or "this one". They try to get the most of of you and pay the bare minimum. Trust me the list goes on. Another crazy thing they seem to do is they will hire someone. Let them reach about just under their 3 month probation period but then find ANY and I mean ANY reason or blemish with in your 3 month period to say "hey listen you weren't perfect so we are going to give you a 10cent raise and put you in another 3 month probation period" this happens all the time.
Pros
The staff are good although most of the originals have left
Cons
Terrible atmosphere. Selfish environment.
good working environment, the manager was nice. great co-workers felt like needed to get paid more for the amount of work I performed. Pay not good but overall was a nice job.
Great team, treats customers and emoloyees well. Management empowers you to run your own little business. Good support. Would recommend this brand to friends and family, great place to sell.
The entire staff of the company is fine to work with. Just one individual there, that has all the upper management wrapped around their fingers. When I worked with this individual, "it" said that they always get what they want. I instantly got red flags about that individual and was hard to work with them. The rest of the staff had no problems with my work ethics. I did my job correctly. I was hired to work normal working hours, but then later placed on contract. I do believe the spoiled worker had a say to get someone they want there to take my place.
Day to day was busy
I learned about customer care

I learned how to use an orbital polisher

Management was supportive

I loved going to work in such a supportive and friendly environment
Nouvelle aménagement propre et bonne esprit d’équipe
There is lots of rooms for improvement which can give employee a chance to succeed in their career. Very friendly environment and encouraging. You can secure a good position if you proceed further on your training and the management will assist to do so.
really good product to sell , an amazing team , a lot of coaching to get the best results , would approve and recommend to anyone in the industrie . thank you .
The culture of the company is one of inconsistent treatment of its' associates. They do not practice or promote a healthy work environment. There have been endless associates treated poorly and disrespectfully. Management should be held accountable for their actions.
good to work & learn . fast developing company . if you want work hard & grow fast be with this company and things come true. slow person can not sustain in this company.
the dealer ship is a place of its own , you see how the world works today with new cars, very easy to work with great cars but not the most enviromental job around. not allways work for everybody, and their systeme with the computer is difficult to follow at first for the mecanics.
Pros
uniform
Cons
hard to stay in the dealer
Une très bonne ambiance...belle expérience....bon salaire...bonne avantage...malheureusement de courte durée !!!
Pros
Bonne ambiance
Cons
Fermeture hative
It was an alright place to work just not for me. Hopefully next time I go there I will be the customer buying the vehicle :) Sherwood park though is definitely the best