HyLife Foods LP Employee Reviews

cheap
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  La Broquerie, MB29 December 2018
the company is cheap. and will leave equipment broken for weeks on end. The management will threaten you if you don't do exactly what they want. the pay is horrible. In short don't ever work here.
Pros
Cons
bad management, low pay, unexpected shift changes, etc
consider myself a responsible, creative, with initiative and punctuality, I accept with pleasure the challenges and goals that your organization.
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB29 July 2018
Im injoying for wht i did right now but ineed more challenge . I learned everything in my work place/ supervisor/lead hand and other employee...im so thankful HYLIFE FOODS LP
Pros
Hah
Cons
Great
hard working during working hours and enjoy wiht my job
Industrial meat cutter (Former Employee) –  LP P.O Box 10000,Neepawa, MB r0j 1h0 Canada17 June 2018
Yahh im happy to served our customers to communicate with some foreigners customer's and bonding to my co workers and the owner as will,during long holidays were going out of town for BBQ Swimming ec.
Pros
sametimes free lunch
Cons
regular 8 hrs. a day sometimes 12 hrs wiht overtime
fun and challenging
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Neepawa, MB11 May 2018
Working in this company enhanced and developed my skills in cutting and trimming bone..it taught me to become a responsible employee and to love what i am doing.
salary and benefits is good but the system now is not good
Industrial meat cutter (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB2 July 2017
work in Hylife is good and also the benefits. The reason that is why I need to seach for other job is because the system is not good and always undertime. Also worried for my wife for the job because they allready full and no vacancy for part time and full time.
The management is superb. They look after their employees.
butcher (Former Employee) –  canada1 June 2017
The work is just 8 hours a day. No over time not unless necessary. They teaches us how to be effective and efficient. The management always gives it feedback to make the environment in the working place better.
Pros
long hour for free lunch and coffee break
working together with friends are fun and enjoyable.
Industrial Meat cutter (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB6 March 2017
This is my first job in canada. I enjoy working at hylife because there's a lot of Filipino working in hylife.The workplace is very comfortable because most of my co-workers are Filipino. The hardest part of the job is when lifting heavy box full of meat. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my friends together.
Cons
undertime
Production floors require physical labour
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB30 January 2017
This is not a job for anyone who is not willing to do physical labour. The job is based on production line speed. The number of Canadians working at this plant as compared to foreign workers is 5% Canadian and 95% foreign workers. If you don't mind hearing not a word of English unless you are working near Canadians or it is break time this is not a place for you.
Pros
Benefits and highest salary for most jobs in Neepawa
Cons
Production line speed, physical labour on the production floors.
Fast paced environment
Industrial Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB8 December 2016
Hylife Foods LP is located in beautiful town of Neepawa, province of Manitoba. This hog plant is the no. 1 exporter of chilled pork products in Japan. Most of the workers here are Filipino.
its very hard work but i love what i im doing.
Butcher/Meat cutter (Current Employee) –  Neepawa, MB4 October 2015
every day i wake up at early morning and sometimes in a month i dont have a rest day and its very hard but i love what im doing and all my co-workers are very kind and helpful person.