HyLife Foods LP

HyLife Foods LP Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
Employees are always dispensable, and not given much care.
Most employees are not being paid appropriately based on the position and job description they are performing.
It is good company but, there something wrong about manning. Some of the job positions given to there man who will be suck-up to their supervisor and leadhand even not good working.
There will be no place like home in Hylife Company due to fair management. "Do what we say and Say what we do". Provide a good salary as well that help us to live well.
In a fast pace company, time is the enemy. Physically ready and mind setting, cause it is not only dealing with the job task but also the pressure that the lead hand and supervisor are putting into it.
Working in production now is really hard because of the line speed..unlike way back 2017, it’s hard when we move to the new plant.but the benefits is really good
But now i am working in an office based at Hylife, it’s way better that working in production.

But it is really good, that they’re giving opportunities to foreign workers.
Good team, in a good company that's growing.

Lots of work, and good development opportunities. Limited office politics. You get to see your efforts put into action quickly.

Pay needs to reflect the need to commute to Brandon or Winnipeg for significant shopping and medical needs (outside of the ER).

Finding rentals in the area may be the hardest thing when new(company puts you us for a month, but then you got to find accommodation).

Good company overall.
Im willing and im happy to be part of team and give my best to help the team or company to grow up like what like expectation or the goal of the company.
Im Thankful to Hylife Foods Lp, for the offortunity to came here in Canada and working in the good company.. more powerTHANKYOU HYLIFE FOODS GODBLESS
Pros
Cons
8hours a day
I want to explore my knowledge to other job, make more experience and meet new friends here in canada, I want to gain more knowledge about company vision and mission
Working with nice people
Most disciplined co workers
Pros
Have cafeteria were you can order you favourite foods
Cons
Long hours of work
Don’t bother applying here. Worked there for 1 month didn’t miss a day, worked hard everyday and they fired me without a reason. All they said is “we have made a company decision.” The management in the maintenance department is a joke.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible management
the company is cheap. and will leave equipment broken for weeks on end. The management will threaten you if you don't do exactly what they want. the pay is horrible. In short don't ever work here.
Pros
Cons
bad management, low pay, unexpected shift changes, etc
Im injoying for wht i did right now but ineed more challenge . I learned everything in my work place/ supervisor/lead hand and other employee...im so thankful HYLIFE FOODS LP
Pros
Hah
Cons
Great
Yahh im happy to served our customers to communicate with some foreigners customer's and bonding to my co workers and the owner as will,during long holidays were going out of town for BBQ Swimming ec.
Pros
sametimes free lunch
Cons
regular 8 hrs. a day sometimes 12 hrs wiht overtime
Working in this company enhanced and developed my skills in cutting and trimming bone..it taught me to become a responsible employee and to love what i am doing.
work in Hylife is good and also the benefits. The reason that is why I need to seach for other job is because the system is not good and always undertime. Also worried for my wife for the job because they allready full and no vacancy for part time and full time.
-My typical day at work is always getting wet in the workplace.
-What I learned in this kind of job is that in order to have a good result, you need to make sure that all equipment are rinse properly and sanitize before production starts.

- The hardest part of the job is the scrubbing of the equipment s.
The work is just 8 hours a day. No over time not unless necessary. They teaches us how to be effective and efficient. The management always gives it feedback to make the environment in the working place better.
Pros
long hour for free lunch and coffee break
This is my first job in canada. I enjoy working at hylife because there's a lot of Filipino working in hylife.The workplace is very comfortable because most of my co-workers are Filipino. The hardest part of the job is when lifting heavy box full of meat. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my friends together.
Cons
undertime
This is not a job for anyone who is not willing to do physical labour. The job is based on production line speed. The number of Canadians working at this plant as compared to foreign workers is 5% Canadian and 95% foreign workers. If you don't mind hearing not a word of English unless you are working near Canadians or it is break time this is not a place for you.
Pros
Benefits and highest salary for most jobs in Neepawa
Cons
Production line speed, physical labour on the production floors.
Hylife Foods LP is located in beautiful town of Neepawa, province of Manitoba. This hog plant is the no. 1 exporter of chilled pork products in Japan. Most of the workers here are Filipino.