Hylife

Hylife Management reviews

Featured review
Hylife selected this as a representative review
This company was an absolute pleasure to work for. Very well kept farms with minimal problems. Very good hours. Upper management very good at sorting out any issues that would arise at the lower level on farms. Very friendly work environment. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Good pay and hours. Upper management is top notch, extremely rewarding to work for, a very satisfying job experience!
Cons
Can not honestly think of anything major at all.
Great work, great management. I love the environment, workplace but toxic employees. Talk trash and rumours are everywhere. The job is hard, but good hours, good pay.
Hylife has a seniority based job bidding system. The supervisors place their friends in the higher paying jobs regardless of effort, skills or seniority. If you are born in Canada you will have a harder time to move up in this company. I do not recommend this company for people who are not Filipino. The management at the company are mostly friendly unless you bring up important health and safety concerns which are valid and or concerns regarding improper pay which they will not make any adjustments to otherwise. Products are low quality and workers refuse to try harder due to high stress levels of repetitive high paced work.
Pros
Lots of downtime & Good Benefits
Cons
Overworked, Racism & Improper Pay
Most of us here notice our pay checks aren't what they were supposed to be. but don't worry they won't fix it for you. management has no idea how the washbay operates but insists on making rules that really just slow everything down. but don't worry management changes every couple months.
Cons
underpaid
Working for Hylife has been one of the worst experiences in my life.It's just managed so badly!They treat you like you're disposableThey don't care about you as a person, to them you're a robot that should never have a problem.They promise great things but never deliver and when they do it's not what you want.They say you get a raise every 6 months, it's more like 9.The work is fairly easy but the hours are terrible with them now requiring you to work Sundays at opposite time of your normal schedule.Management doesn't care about you as long as you're there. Half the people don't know how to do their job properly but management doesn't care cause the job gets done even if its done poorly.(There's people that have caused thousands of dollars in damages and just got told "don't do that again")The only thing that keeps me here are the people, they know how to have a good time.If you work nights the hours depend on how many trailers you have, sometimes you'll work 6 hours other times you'll work 10+ whereas days will always work 8.There's No AC or heat, only one bay has heat so you'll be lucky if you manage to stay warm in winter.Things take weeks to get fixed if you can't fix it yourself. Apply here as a last resort.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Terrible management, Sundays, No night premium
Yes, the job of Pig Technician may also be referred to as that of stockman but this is changing because the industry realises that this much more reflects the nature of the modern role.The job of Pig Technician is a progressive and fulfilling job which can lead to management roles, and certainly not the dirty, smelly, poorly paid job with no prospects that many wrongly believe!
Pros
Free luch, accommidation
Cons
No outsiders allowed must be related to be excepted Required to work six to seven days a week Not collaborative Need to be part of The boys club to have a voice
Pros
Salary
Cons
Executives
Very demanding, poor pay. They do not care about their employees. They push you to the max and you get very little help when you are short staffed. Upper management is rude and treats the barn workers unfairly. The work is not evenly spread out at all. The working conditions are poor and dangerous. They need to pay their employees better.
Pros
Cons
Poor Working Conditions
Employees are always dispensable, and not given much care. Most employees are not being paid appropriately based on the position and job description they are performing.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hylife?
Horrible pay. Greedy company to work for. Their biggest concern is making the most money. Poor management. Management is rude and unprofessional. Hated my job here.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
Barely above min wage for pay
This is the type of work place where it is all about profit with little to no consideration for the workers. It is physically hard, very fast paced and not for the unskilled. With the majority of the work force being foreign workers you will hear very little spoken even by supervisors and lead hands.
There will be no place like home in Hylife Company due to fair management. "Do what we say and Say what we do". Provide a good salary as well that help us to live well.
Don’t bother applying here. Worked there for 1 month didn’t miss a day, worked hard everyday and they fired me without a reason. All they said is “we have made a company decision.” The management in the maintenance department is a joke.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible management
the company is cheap. and will leave equipment broken for weeks on end. The management will threaten you if you don't do exactly what they want. the pay is horrible. In short don't ever work here.
Pros
Cons
bad management, low pay, unexpected shift changes, etc
Job was very good, good hours, good pay, even the benefits were good however, too much growth too quickly led to a rather dysfunctional management team.
Ensure safety of all workforce especially the front liners Make sure Supervisors are well verse in workforce management Avoid politics in the company
Lack of respect towards employees, overworked to point of injury. Treats employees unfair, bad management. Favor certain employees over others. Very little appreciation shown to the employees
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Overworked, bad treatment
Hard to ask for sick leave even if there is a good reason Conveyor is too fast Poor management Don't understands people's concerns, they just wanted a fast productions.
I enjoyed my summer opportunity to work with HyLife Foods. All members of my team are good people and management was kind. My typical day at work was very interesting, I did different kinds of testing with wastewater and put data to computer.
The work is just 8 hours a day. No over time not unless necessary. They teaches us how to be effective and efficient. The management always gives it feedback to make the environment in the working place better.
Pros
long hour for free lunch and coffee break
-The work is difficult compare from my work here in Philippines. -But i learned more and advance, specially there's a lot of dialect from other country that we learned. -Management are equal treatment to employee in terms of over time, vacation and all benefits they give to employee. -Most of co-worker are very helpful friendly understanding cooperative and visible always. -The hardest part of job, when i take over time in the day time, so very hard for me to work because i have lock of sleep, cause my schedule is night ship that time. -And the most enjoyable part of my job. when time the conveyor is lot of trouble and we finish work almost early morning.
Pros
1 month free accommodation
Cons
vacation pay and medical benefits