HyLife
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

HyLife Employee Reviews

Canada79 reviews

workerfriendlygoodhardcompanybenefitpayemployee

Absolutely best hog production company to work for, great benefits, very satisfying and rewarding.

Featured review

HyLife selected this as a representative review
This company was an absolute pleasure to work for. Very well kept farms with minimal problems. Very good hours. Upper management very good at sorting out any issues that would arise at the lower level on farms. Very friendly work environment. Would highly recommend.

Pros

Good pay and hours. Upper management is top notch, extremely rewarding to work for, a very satisfying job experience!

Cons

Can not honestly think of anything major at all.

A great place to work, gain work experience, phenomenal management staff!

Working at HyLife was the single most amazing job I've ever had! The staff and management are extremely helpful and diligent. If there is a problem you can solve everybody jumps in and tackles it as a team. Would highly recommend getting on with this team.

Insights into HyLife

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

Good place to work.

Fast-paced, collaborative environment. Good support from leadership, who genuinely care for employees and the communities we work in. Highly recommend.

Good place to work and grow

A happy place, to work and grow in. Good people and management. They are a fast paced company and pay you very well. Good place to understand food production in depth.

People-Focused Support

The company experience is ideal even before employment. The hiring process is done in a timely manner. and the onboarding process has been smooth. I initially thought that my first few days in the company would be difficult but the support I got and continuously get from our department and collaboratively with other departments has greatly motivated me to be my best self at work. I take delight in the seamless integration of the work-life balance which gives me time for myself and my family.

Pros

Benefits, Opportunities, and Stability

Totally recommend HyLife

HyLife is a great company that provides lots of opportunities for career development and growth. The workplace culture is great and you can tell the management cares for every individual employee.

Great working environment & people

HyLife has a great company culture and great people to work with! Everyone works as part of a team. There is lots of room for job advancement and career growth!

Pros

Meat Order program

A workplace with professional, and friendly people within the workplace

I have been working hylife for 4yr and 8months, it give me a lot of exciting experience, i met a lot of friendly people, the management team is great, they help a lot especially ofw, it helps my financial stability, and enhanced my skills. Working experience here is excellent, i feel like 2nd home here in Canada. I really appreciate and thanks to Hylife for continued helping people to find the job.

A lot of learning

Amazing work hours and job flexibility. Slightly dramatic work environmentSometimes too much to do an sometimes too less but on the overall, a lot to learn

Pros

Workhour flexibility

Cons

Slightly chaotic

I like working in hylife. The job was good and the pay was great. Great benefits too if you work with the union. Good hours and good job life balance.

Watch your back!

Good job if you were actually allowed to do it without being micromanaged or criticized all the time. Be careful who you trust or ask questions of as you’ll be stabbed in the back. No such thing as TEAM here! Senior management need to live in the real world, not the 1950’s. Not a good working environment.

Pros

Cheap pork twice a year

Cons

Nasty people in some departments

Productuve and Fun

Good comoany, management approaches employees, no yelling and thetraining processes are great and really help people to feel comfortable in each position.

Worst experience of my life.

Management are drunk and toxicDon't work here. Worst experience of my life. Impossible goals to reach on zero budget. Don't work here no matter how bad you need the money.

Pros

Cafeteria.

Cons

Management.

They will help you to learn more.

Lots of opportunities. They provide benefits and bonuses. Open to a new ideas. Help you to grow. They will hire you and teach you to become more knowledgeable

Pros

Meat supply and bonuses

Cons

Dusty and smelly place

Great place Great people

The work culture was so great and fun , the place was nice , everywhere you go everybody was so friendly, when you experience hardships expect somebody will come to your rescue

Pros

All good

Cons

I was hired as a term position. I had been blessed with working with friendly and very helpful people. Not just co workers but management too. They were all amazing.

Pros

Friendly and helpful

Cons

Can't think of one

Clown running the show

Management is run by a clown who lack skill and cant even train his employee properly!Lots of favoritism and politics in the workplaceCompany pays good but they will try to scare u if dont work overtime as they will say its mandatory!Management only think of u as number that can be replace anytime so goodluck!

Pros

Cons

Extremely busy

Great place to work if you're part of the "IN" crowd.

Worked at Hylife for a number of years and saw first hand that there is definite favoritism given to a select group of people, namely if you are young (under 35) and are great at sucking up to the managers. The only people that get out of entry level positions at Hylife are those who are either related to senior staff or have kissed up to the right people regardless of how many people they stabbed in the back or gossiped about to get there. Some of the people that have been advanced to leadership roles were horrible co-workers, they gossiped and spoke badly about other staff including the very managers that gave them their new roles. The managers doing the hiring pay little attention to the negatives in the people they advance as long as the person has stroked their ego. If you are under 35 and are great at kissing up you will go very far at Hylife. Anyone else need not apply unless you are happy staying in an entry level job for the rest of your career at Hylife. You will only get the jobs that have the most hands on work and put in the most hours while the "leaders" are able to take vacation whenever they want. Actual work experience and seniority mean nothing at Hylife which has caused the moral in most of the departments to be at an all time low.

Pros

Free meat

Cons

Equality doesn't exist, pay is not great

N/a

Hylife was a fairly good place to work ,jobs could go smoother if there were more time and effort put into the planning end, seemed to be no thought put into the big pitcher when it came to maintenance,

Pros

fair wages

Cons

poor planning

Love it! Recommended to work here, but too much toxic employees.

Great work, great management. I love the environment, workplace but toxic employees. Talk trash and rumours are everywhere. The job is hard, but good hours, good pay.

Race based Favoritism

Hylife has a seniority based job bidding system. The supervisors place their friends in the higher paying jobs regardless of effort, skills or seniority. If you are born in Canada you will have a harder time to move up in this company. I do not recommend this company for people who are not Filipino. The management at the company are mostly friendly unless you bring up important health and safety concerns which are valid and or concerns regarding improper pay which they will not make any adjustments to otherwise. Products are low quality and workers refuse to try harder due to high stress levels of repetitive high paced work.

Pros

Lots of downtime & Good Benefits

Cons

Overworked, Racism & Improper Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HyLife. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement