Hydrodig

Hydrodig Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
It's hard to become a part of the group here... As a new person you are basically left in the dark, because they have so many new people going in and out. most of the operators; (other than the few good guys.) don't want to take the time to get to know the new people. awkward environment to work in. When you work hard, it's often goes unnoticed, and doesnt matter how hard you work for this company they'll eventually get rid of you
The main operators will work before the swampers when it's slow. The pay for the type of work you do is very low. The job literally has no future. This job is where you end up when all else fails. Not where you start you career.
Pros
Got me out of the house.
Cons
Wasted 3 years of my life.
When busy easy to get hours but started to slow down and got let go after month and a half the day before a job I lined up for them, showed up there to find my operator working alone because some new guy called in sick
Pros
Pretty decent operators and seemed like advancement
The Abbotsford location is horrible. Their Ops Manager is just a bully who just wants to find anything to act up and yell at someone. He is just a pumped up blow hard that treats people like minions. Their employees are all the owners family and friends. If you get hired, you are immediately an outsider. You will be blamed for everything that goes wrong, and the other employees will lie and snitch to save themselves.
Do you like working for a horrible company that treats their employees like garbage!!!.... then apply here!
Do you like being on-call all hours of the day and night, waiting for work!!!.... then apply here!

Do you like being berated and treated like garbage by Management!!!... then apply here!

They think that they are a Top Tier Company, but they are garbage!
Well maintained equipment makes the task of completing a job enjoyable, effective, and efficient. Hours are great when there are enough to go around, however, were very inconsistent most times. Hydrodig is an overall decent place to work and has been a good stepping stone.
Abbotsford office interviewed me & hired me on the spot.
2 days later they called and said they sold their truck and would not be needing me.

Now a week later they're hiring again. Sounds fishy to be. Maybe unorganized. Whatever. If they're that flighty then best to look elsewhere and save yourself the grief.
Pros
Cons
Unorganized; Liars. No Trust at all.
working with Hydrodig provided great hours. Anywhere from 10 to 15 hours a day can be expected. I worked as a swamper for my time there but i ended up leaving as i had other goals in life than working in or around the oil related establishments. muddy work none the less if you are looking for year round local work then its your dig.
Pros
hourly wage, good staff, lots of hours
Cons
work conditions
good place to work for someone without a family. hardest part of the job is defiantly the hours and working in the extreme hot and cold. learned a lot about hydrovacing.
Cons
One of the best places I have ever worked at. The company is friendly and they actually care a lot about you and your family.
Pros
lots of oppertunitys and a family friendship and home everynight.
Cons
there is none.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hydrodig?
daylighting or trenching mostly in oilfield or construction in different locations with jobs varying 45 minutes to 12 to 16 hours depending on the job in hot and or very cold temperatures.
Pros
Pays the bills
Cons
long days