Hydro One

Hydro One Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
Productive and a good place to work and good people, not too happy if you are sick and can't make it to work, learned a lot of things from people in the company.
It's a hostile environment. They don't provide you with proper training and there's not enough time to understand everything. There's no flow. Too much favoritism.
Pros
They try to celebrate most holidays
Cons
Strict
hydro one offers a wonderful telework program that allows me to work from home, however i am looking for a new exciting career path in a brand new field of work.
Great job, love the people I work with. Great salary. Location is a little far from home. Learned a lot from my peers and about the business. Great place to work
Great learning experience working for Hydro one , was able to learn from managers and worked in different departments from customer service answerinf customer calls related to billing inquiries and dealing with email responses and learning how to deal with stress time management and dealing with emergency situations when issues arise
Pros
Great team mates
Cons
Answering calls and inquiries of Billing calls while completing Underground locates between calls, good pay good environment to work in. Enjoyed working here and pay was very good
Pros
paid weekly
Cons
Great company to work for, the work atmosphere was pleasant and i enjoyed my time working for Hydro One. I learned that no one calls their Hydro company to tell them they are doing a good job!
Really enjoyed my time there but there definitely was some days when the pressure was very high. They have a great team environment and they love pot luck lunches.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Contract work
-Busy environment
-Different tasks

-Friendly environment
Pros
Great salaries
Cons
Hard to get full time positions
This was a good experience overall, Although lurking in the back of my mind was always that the maximum time that I am allowed to be employed here was 2 years. I was orginally hired for a 6 mnth contract, however was renewed several times. During my 2 years, I was promoted from my base customer service position, to handling only contractor requests. This promotion was offered only to myself out of all of the contract employees, so I must have been doing something right :)
Pros
the compensation/pay was amazing.
Cons
it was a possibility to lose my job at anytime