Hydro One Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Credit & Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 May 2019
I enjoyed working in Hydro One Brampton - Credit & Collections department as the team I work are professionals and helping, its fun working here . I loved working in collections department.
Pros
7 hrs/day
Cons
n/a
changing environmnet
Program Manager / Consultant (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2019
Management and environment keeps changing. New policies and rules rarely followed due to continuous changing and lack of communications. Challenging to deal with the preferred vendor, timelines hardly met
out door work
Supervisor and Sub Forman (Former Employee) –  Ontario26 April 2019
fun and fufilling work, working out doors, rewarding job, teamwork, traveling across ontario for work and getting to experaince new sites and new places.
Best Place to be
Electrical Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2019
HONI is the best place tobe.

Pay and Hours are amazing.

Challenging work

Supportive team

Mentors are always there to help you out. All you got to do is just ask.

Overall the best place to be in Toronto
Pros
Money Money Money
Cons
Political interference
micromanaged environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON18 March 2019
It's a hostile environment. They don't provide you with proper training and there's not enough time to understand everything. There's no flow. Too much favoritism.
Pros
They try to celebrate most holidays
Cons
Strict
good experience in to the transmission/distribution industry
Transmission Reliability Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 February 2019
hydro one was a good experience, it is a typical 9-5 job for the most part with 1h hour lunch break and 2 coffee breaks. i learned a lot about the power industry and the transmission and distribution grid of Ontario. Due to the nature of the industry, most of the work has already been laid out and often times you are stuck with doing repetitive work, not always but most of the time. The workplace culture is more of a relaxed vibe, gets the job done but that's about it. the most difficult part of the job was to understand the many departments at Hydro one, each team does different things and it's often difficult for each other to understand why certain things cannot be done a certain way, therefore it sometimes takes extra time to explain things to other departments.
Good People
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 February 2019
Great Job with Great People
Room for advancement
Good Hours
Great Pay
Best part of my workday is the quiet early morning. Days are full and busy but we have a great team to accomplish one goal.....Keep the lights on!!
Pros
Great wages
Cons
Moved far from home to work
Great Place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
Had the opportunity to work their as a co-op. Really give co-ops meaningful work that helps them progress in their career. Felt like i was contributing overall to the department goals and also learned a lot
Pros
Network
Cons
Commute
productive and fun place
( Customer Care Team Agent) and ECT Core Agent (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON15 February 2019
It was a great experience working at hydro one. The managers were very friendly. it was a unionized company which was a bonus. I worked there for 8 years.
great work experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON28 January 2019
hydro one offers a wonderful telework program that allows me to work from home, however i am looking for a new exciting career path in a brand new field of work.
Hydro One
Billing Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON21 January 2019
Review business requirements document, discuss as team to get to the root of what needs to be tested. Script a test plan , execute said test plan . review artifacts and format correctly.
Pros
working in a team
Cons
short deadlines
A semi private hydro company
Part-time Survey and Inspection Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 January 2019
I enjoyed my time at Hydro One Brampton. I had a very good team to work with and the management were easy to approach and coworkers were like family. I worked as a coop student and it was a great experience for me.
Pros
Cons
Salary
Workplace
Software Administrator & Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2018
Hydro is a great place to work. It allows you to have the perfect work life balance. Hydro is flooded with brilliant minded engineers and staff that are willing to teach if you are willing to learn. For a student, there isn't another place that you can hope to work for and get a better experience.
good times
Chipper Operator, Brush Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  sheguiandah30 November 2018
learned alot on this job enjoyed the crew we had helped each other and got the work done will definaly work with these guys and gals again learned how to operate a buzz saw effinicnlty
Very process focused
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 November 2018
Hydro One is very process focused, which does provide a good level of consistency and governance, but often the level of governance can be excessive for smaller endevors
short but sweet
GIS DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON17 October 2018
I was brought in to work on a project within the GIS department. The contract was cut short due to funding issues but I could not have asked for a better contract. The office environment was fabulous with everyone being so nice. Initiatives to promote company morale were obvious and fun (raffles for premium parking spots with funds from tickets bought going to charity). Expert training and help from senior staff. Overall wonderful place to work. Sad to be leaving but thankful for the experience.
High paying job with amazing benefits.
Lines apprentice (Current Employee) –  Everywhere.16 October 2018
You learn a lot from working at Hydro One. It is an amazing job, but there is a lot of traveling that goes along with it, and the traveling does not work for me specifically.
Excellent employee training programs
Community Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON13 October 2018
Hydro One Networks Inc.is an excellent organization that supports and trains its employees on a constant basis. A very professional environment and fair employee scheduling.
Did not Work for me
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Great Pay, and some incredible people and industry, yet so many poor poor poor leaders in charge of innocent and unsuspecting resources. ISD and CSO are the most wasteful and inefficient entities I have ever seen.
Productive and educational workplace
IT SYSTEMS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
I learned a lot during my internship at Hydro One. Though an intern, I was given many opportunities to delve into various projects and learn new things. From learning about the networks monitoring remote devices to setting up a virtual machine to learning about project management, the workplace culture and the nature of the team I was with truly allowed me to make the most of my time there.