Hydro One

Hydro One Employee Reviews

Canada212 reviews
Great overall
Felt like a human being at work. Lots of respect from management. Overall great company to work. Not so great if you dont like to travel. Single man's gig
Good work atmosphere with travel
Good people to work with
Lots of travelling to different jobs

Good management

Physically demanding job

Good work atmosphere

Lots of weather conditions to work in
Provide all resource for your success
They pay well. Good structure. Depends on your manager. Overall professional place to work with all resources available to you. Mangers are generally accomodating to your needs unless its work-from-home requests. The job is comparatively easy if you are willing to learn and put real effort into your work. You will be recognized and rewarded according to the manager. This maybe in compliments, team acknowledgment. I have seen someone get a gift for putting in sincere effort in their day-to-day work.
Corruption
I Was wrongfully terminated by power hungry management. He Maid up corrupt false documents to have me fired.

Hydro one does not care about there employes. All you are to them is a number.

For instance if your employe number is #897646 that’s all you are to them. Your name means nothing
All shifts 24/7

Customer Agreements,

Policies. & Procedures,

etc.
Fair to work environment
large scale multi site environment. very structured . required to travel through out Ontario. Great team and great management . good opportunity to learn.
Productive and a good place to work
Productive and a good place to work and good people, not too happy if you are sick and can't make it to work, learned a lot of things from people in the company.
Collaborative environment
coworkers are good people, the work is fair, the work/life balance is top tier. the work is relaxed and the required hours in the office does not exceed 40.
Enjoyed working
I enjoyed working whilst at Hydro One. Learned extensively and built on great working relationship. Staff is very friendly and cooperative. Working environment is very relaxed.
Construction management with to many incompetent people
To many crew foreman with no studies and no experience at all, and to much power for some unions keeping super lazy people because of the unfair stupid seniority.
Pros
4 days 10 hours, great
They could be more employee oriented.
The company is mainly comprised by nepotism. Hiring of family & friends. Hiring Hall employee’s are looked down upon. They are not even considered equals.
Pros
Great fellow Powerline Line Technicians
Cons
Management less than adequate.
Overall great but job security unsure
Good work ethic . Management could be improved. More training for contractors could be beneficial. Overall great experience being employed by Hydro one
Productive and fun work place
Enjoyed the safe work practices and leadership courses. Great company to work for, Good team atmosphere. A company that cares about there employees well being and family growth in the community.
Work environment at Hydro One is very amazing
Workplace culture at Hydro One is very good. Amazing people to work with. As an intern at Hydro One, I had a great time. I learned a lot about electrical assets maintenance.
Grt job
Loved working there but somethings didn't seem right had alot of fun alot of nepatism and favoritism would love to be able to work there again if possible but u never knw wht time holds
Great company to work for
Had a summer student position at Hydro One. Very hands on and detailed oriented. Paid very well and had a lot of opportunity to move higher up in the company
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Temp position
Excellent Place to Work
Great place to work - great support from management for work life balance and offer courses professional development to continue success in the work place.
Good company to work for
Company stresses safety as number one priority.Daily pre job meeting and worksite meeting to discuss tasks and hazards involved to develop a safe work plan to get the work done safely.Every workers input is important.All ideas are considered to make work go well.
Why I like working for Hydro One, Inc.
Hydro One is a professional, fast-paced environment. I feel good about working here because I get to make a difference in my community, I am paid well and have excellent benefits for my family.
A power utility company
One of the biggest electrical transmission and distribution company in Canada.

Hydro One is Ontario’s largest electricity transmission and distribution service provider. We distribute electricity across Ontario to nearly 1.4 million predominantly rural customers, or approximately 26% of the total number of customers in Ontario.
Love being a line man
I love my job, got to see a lot of new things been to places I never heard of. every day was a new adventure Great coworkers to work with never a doll moment.