Hydro One Networks Inc Employee Reviews

Great place to intern as an Electrical Engineering student.
INTERN (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2018
The the Investment Planning division of the Distribution Asset Management department is a great place to intern. Besides the top pay for interns, around $35/hr, there was plenty of work to do and things to learn and the managers really care about your development. It's encouraged to actively solve problems and enhance workflow through the use of software tools and even as an intern your opinion matters.There were many field trips and site visit opportunities too. I highly recommend pursuing a position with this group. I cannot speak for any other departments at Hydro One.
Pros
High Pay, Great Management, Interesting Work.
Cons
This is a great workplace with emphasis on personal safety
Law Department - Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 January 2018
Hydro One was a great place to work. Employees are encouraged to give their best.

We worked hard, but at the end of the day we were rewarded.

The hours we put in were long, but that was the nature of the work we performed.
Pros
Great facilities
Productive and Fun workplace
Project Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 January 2018
Everyone is supportive and helpful, if placed in a technical position such as Engineering, you will be able to learn a lot. Management is organized and always looking for improvement.
Pros
Supportive and helpful co-workers
Cons
disorganized when management is changing
great place to work get to travel province of ontario
Power Line Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, ON18 December 2017
never doing the same job every day theres always something different. long hours but the pay is great benefits are great hardest part of the job is winter working in the cold but its well worth it
Pros
paid for traveling
Cons
away from home a lot
Awesome
Area Distrabution Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON8 November 2017
Various tasks to keep every day different from the last. Work with a dynamic group of people across the province to ensure they have the equipment that is needed
Pros
good people
poor managment
jouneyman lineman (Current Employee) –  Bancroft, ON12 October 2017
big company that doesn't care about there employees they will throw you under the bus no questions asked treat you like a number not a human management is brain washed don't support the employee at all
Pros
winter meals
Cons
co workers lack skill and most are lazy protected by union
Excellent Company
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada22 July 2017
The co workers are excellent, considerate and offer great help to learn. Most cooperative management and allow to work flexible hours and pace. Overall a great place to work at.
Pros
Flexible hours
Productive and progressive workplace
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 June 2017
Good teamwork and management support. Very positive workplace, with focus on employees growth, safety and self development. Not quite supportive of contractors.
Pros
flexibility around working from home
Cons
tight funding on projects with strict schedules
Friendly and productive work environment
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Perth, ON28 May 2017
Received constant support and continuously learned new skills throughout my time there. Friendly co-workers always willing to help with work load. Excellent management and great work hours.
Safety first
Regional field mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dundas, ON25 May 2017
Hydro one takes personal safety very seriously and keeps all employees involved with safety. Very good wage, good benefits , and retirement plans. A wide variety of work locations available. Friendly work environment.
Great worklife balance
Advanced Metering Infrastructure Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2017
Learned to work well within a cross disciplinary team
Management was decent and easy to approach
The workplace culture was very friendly
The best part of the job was the team environment
Great Company to work for
Collections / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 February 2017
Great company to work for, the work atmosphere was pleasant and i enjoyed my time working for Hydro One. I learned that no one calls their Hydro company to tell them they are doing a good job!
Educational and comfortable enviroment
P&C Technical servicesInternship (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 October 2016
This was a great place to do an internship as i never felt uncomfortable asking questions if I was unsure about something. Everyone was always more then willing to sit down and explain things to you to ensure you understood what was going on
Pros
Great department
Cons
current processes used at work
Great life after work, not so great at work.
co-op student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2016
Hydro One is notoriously known for they incompetent management and waste of public money.

It can be see everyday, people wasting time on the job, budgets blown away constantly, redundancy on top of redundancy (managers managing managers with no employees under them), impossible to fire bad employees due to union (FHRITP dude was the latest scandal).

Work here if you want an easy paycheck and lots of free time in your life.

Dont work here if you want to be challenged or have societal morals.
Pros
easy life, easy money, invincible.
Cons
if you are a decent human being you wont like it here.
Very friendly and Encouraging Environment
Protection & Control Technical Services Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2015
The hours are very flexible to meet your availability. Always encouraged to learn and apply the knowledge at work. Assistance is always provided when needed.
Great environment, unfortunately difficult to advance career-wise.
Human Resources/Labour Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 July 2015
As a contract employee, I found Hydro One provided me with a lot of great career experience. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. However, it was difficult to gain challenging tasks and career advancement.
Highly organized and result focused work environment
Civil/Environmental Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2015
Worked full time assisting senior project manager and engineers in managing civil and environmental station refurbishment projects. Professional trained in technical writing and communication skills
Great summer job for a student
CollegePro Window Cleaning Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 June 2015
This was a good experience to meet and work with other students in the same situation you are. Many good people who made work very enjoyable. Long hours with sometimes bad work conditions, but the people made it worth it. Was given many opportunities to exercise communication skills and advance.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pressure from upper management to sign on long term
An Excellent Financial Firm
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 May 2015
I have an excellent experience working at BMO
I enjoyed working with my team members
There are some challenges at the job which I have to manage professionally at the work.
Most part enjoyed at hydro one was that I interact with the managers of different departments. They are very approachable
Fun and relax workplace
Program Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON31 March 2015
Hydro One is one of the biggest Electricity provider of Ontario area. It covers almost all areas in Ontario, so the management is structural and relax.
I started my day by managing the emails of our team, and then I would release some projects to the field managers by using SAP. I would also prepare the operational reports every month by using SharePoint 2010 and Business Intelligence due on a specific day each month. In addition, I would help to prepare the PPT extracting the data from Excel Analysis for our team leader to present to the field managers. My supervisors mentioned that I did a good job at work.
I learnt how to run and mend the Macros in Excel in order to run our operational reports and how to use SAP, SharePoint 2010 and Business Intelligence to release and get the data I need.
The hardest part of the job is to mend the Macros since our operating system updated to windows 7 during that time. I learnt how to compile the Macros by myself to fix the compatible problems in Macros of Excel. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have a lot of time to learn by myself.
Pros
Good pay and relax working enviroment
Cons
Too relax