Hydro

Hydro Employee Reviews

Scheduling problem

Ground level workers are nice Good Pay scaleWeak managementNo Trainings from upper managementCollegues are very goodJob Culture is not productive

Pros

Shop floor Workers are very nice, Good Pay Scale

Cons

Scheduling problem, Weak management

Copinage Technal Toulouse

Entreprise ou l évolution est Possible que par copinage surtout chez les commerciaux… attention à ne pas trop perdre son temps … aucune notion RH déplorable …

Pros

Joker

Cons

Tout

Empresa dinâmica, e muito forte em segurança...

Quando cheguei em 2013 era a Empresa Alcoa uma maravilhosa empresa, onde valorizava as pessoas, a Hydro chegou e não trabalha da mesma forma, mas sendo assim uma boa empresa. Mas tem muito o que melhorar...

Start employment with an exit strategy....you'll need it

This is not a stable company. Like many extrusions businesses, the profit. is constrained leading to limited investment and spending. The depth of management talent is shallow and limits the company's potential. The Gainesville, GA site is sorely lacking in qualified talent to make effective business decisions. The information systems are a patchwork of legacy and bolt on products that do not mesh to provide adequate decision information. Most importantly, the insular culture ensures new or outside talent will not succeed. Have an exit strategy in place prior to taking a job here. You will need it.

Great people poor equipment

Worked with a lot of great people and loved the job. The only thing I didn’t like was the fact the equipment was outdated and always broke down causing work to halt and then we’d have to rush to get caught back up

Pros

Paid lunch

Cons

Continental shift

Terrible management

Would not recommend working for this company they have horrible supervisors and allow mistreatment of the employees by management and the pay is not up to industry normal

Pros

Christmas bonus and party/raffle was nice

Cons

Management needs improvement

decent pay and benefits

I loved my job at Hydro, but they have no empathy for medical conditions with their employees. I worked with this company for 8 months before I got pregnant and I loved it, however once the summer heat hit I became very sick and started to have complications with my pregnancy. When it is 100°F outside it easily becomes anywhere from 115°-130° inside the factory which is extremely hard to endure, even for a healthy person, this made it nearly impossible for me to keep my job without losing my child but when I talked to HR they offered to move me to Extrusions and stacking heavy metal in the same heat conditions was not a good alternative for a women with pregnancy complications. So I put my 2 weeks notice in.

Pros

good money, good benefits

Cons

lack of empathy for employees

They don't care about their employees

They preach safety but will literally grind you into the dirt to put out as many pounds as fast as possible. Some jobs require at a minimum 2ppl but they will NOT give you extra help if needed. I've seen guys drop from the heat, barely able to move. They get a 5-10mnt break and thrown right back to where they were. You have guys in their 50's forced to work spots that 20 something year olds won't do, refuse to do or can't do yet nothing happens to them but if we were to refuse we'd be sent home and possibly fired. They cater to the lazy, inept, slacker types who just say they don't want to do a certain task. Then it's guys like us who can't say no without repercussions while they get some personal time to relax a bit.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Some days no lunch nor breaktime

A sweat shop.

Inexperienced and mostly incompetent management. An incredibly hot work environment, an HR Lead that is more focused on the real estate industry, and a pay scale that's a little bit better than Mexico. I voiced my concerns about working three different shifts in the same week and was chastised for not having a "business focused" attitude. Think about it. A multi-gazillion dollar international company that offers a 1% 401(k) match.Run from this "opportunity."

Pros

Free hard hats

Cons

See above

The outcome of product

It’s amazing to knowing we contribute to serveral essential inventions in the world! This is a job that builds leadership and value! There are opportunities for advancements...... safety is the number one priority that will help the company and its employees benefit in many factors! This company helped build to be a strong, respectful, and ambitious team player and I am very thankful for that!

Pros

Incentives and benefits

Cons

Hot summers and cold winters

Jobs at Hydro

See more jobs

Wages

The pay wasn't bad and had opportunities to work overtime either after your shift or on your days off. You could either work in the department you was in or other departments.

Pros

Was there any?

Cons

No breaks at scheduled times. No breaks at times. Worker communication. Unfriendly atmosphere.

Management isn’t management.. Supervisors have a battle to see who can do the least.. Day shift is always fully staffed and the others shifts struggle to be fully staffed.. Night shift never gets the opportunity to go to days. Overtime is unlimited but then the supervisors depend on certain people to work the same hours week after week after week.. Seen your employees treat new employees like dogs..

Pros

Unlimited overtime

Cons

No breaks

Promotion is limited to certain individuals

I enjoyed working with coworkers.Quite warm workplace during summer months.Management doesn't listen to the employees and doesn't treat them like assets. They manipulate the safety records to show safer work place.

Great company with strong core values

Great company with strong core values. Excellent safety culture and management is open to listen to employees and hear ideas for how to improve. The company cares for the employees and offers great benefits and incentives.

Pros

Safety culture is top notch. A typical day can be somewhat stressful, but rewarding as well.

Cons

Work/life balance is sometimes less than desirable.

Good people bad management

The Workday is filled with pressure and indecision from the management. LOng hours 6 days a week. 10 0r 12 hours a day. Changing requirements without any notification

Receiving clerk

Good hours. Easy job and people to work with. Also great pay. No overtime with this position and there is room to apply for other positions and advance career.

Hard work, good pay

Hard work, lots of hours. Good pay, good benefits.Work can be repetitive and you're generally stuck in a role but the pay for what you do and union benefits are great.

Pros

Benefits, pay, surrounded by hard workers

Cons

50/60hr weeks, repetitive

Production Supervisor

Been a production supervisor for several years. Very supportive operations Manager in his team. Able to make decisions and always be backed up. A lot of over time in this position.

Pros

Moving up

Cons

Home life work balance

Skip it

Unless you are a Male, you aren't advancing with this company. It doesn't matter how fast or proficient you are, people are quick to bully and discriminate as well.

Has become like other companies

this company used to be the place to be now i recommended you avoid at all costs. Short staffed and yet they want to run at full speed forcing the little employees they have to do twice the work with no additional compensation .Holidays are being taken away because they want to keep pushing out more metal and day shifts is highly favorited over nights

Pros

continental shifts

Cons

everything else

Do not exceed their daily quota they look down upon people who actually apply themselves and work hard

OverallMy experience working at Hydro was defeating they dont want people who are Innovative in self-reliance there was a push to be better work harder produce more but In doing so it was looked down upon to be the standout I produced one of the highest production rate in an 8 hour shift that they ever recorded and was told that there was no way that I could have reached those numbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hydro. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement
  • Hydro
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?