Hyatt
Coronavirus update
Information from Hyatt:

Hyatt Employee Reviews

Canada177 reviews
It's a great place to work. I recommend it to everyone. Great pay. Benefits. And we are part of the Union.
If it's not too busy, management is always happy to let us go early.
The Hyatt Corporation philosophy, policy and practices are ethical, everything is equally set with the colleagues (all employees) and customers' wellbeing in mind. This is the reason Hyatt Regency Vancouver endured an excellent reputation for so long. Unfortunately, the middle management and Human Resources Dept. became tributary to the union bosses who got more and more power practising a mob mentality. This happened when HRV became a franchise. HR is in the comfort zone allowing nepotism, discrimination, intimidation. The real, ethical leaders don't stay long here and find a better place as soon as possible. Very hard for good employees who have no choice but to carry on with the work overload with respect for themselves and in order to get enough hours.
Pros
Interaction with people from all parts of the globe, working and making friends with some of the best, hard working immigrant people.
Cons
Union veterans immigrants who brought their unethical practices with them, work overload for some, easy tasks and protection for the union bosses favorites.
no management at all. Only GM. No banquet staff at all. Everyone paid minimum. Not even sure how it's running. Lots of weekend guests. Rooms are very nice
Basically the management decisions are based on favorite people and racist and prejudices on my ethnicity and I have more experiences than all the people I work with and I know 100% more than them when it comes to my city's business and hospitality
Pros
Rooms stays
Cons
Manager
The DOS at the new Hyatt in Mississauga is very biased and political. She has her own cliques and will favor those people.
Poor leadership.No knowledge.
Pros
New Hotel
Cons
Horrible DOS
Hyatt Regency Calgary became an average place to work for unless key management likes you. Benefits are great and you can get promoted from within but your salary will be less competetive than outside. Stressful environment came from some top leaders who only cared about the hotel's finances and not the staff's wellbeing.
Pros
Great employee programs from corporate office
Cons
Programs executed by local leaders in careless way
Working with Hyatt was a really good experience since it was the start of my hotel journey. People are helpful and you learn a lot and also get a chance to explore other options
If you work here be prepared to work for free pay for your own phone no safety overall a horrible work environment they have no respect for workers they expect you to work like a slave severely understaffed
Cons
on a typical day i would work in any given position around kitchen, i learned all stations and able to train any new hires to hyatt standard thru out the years. managements is acceptable, but lacks of experiences in some managers. the hardest part of the job is dealing with servers that always make mistake in their orders and the most enjoyable part of the job is everything treat each other like family in the kitchen.
I am still engage at Hyatt up to this moment but due to COVID i was laid off since March 15, 2020. The hope of coming back to work is the only thing I have right now. But if the business doesn't go well how should I come back. Hoping that they will retain our post.. Everyone does not have an assurance for our work to come back when the city re opens.. I am looking for job right now to sustain my family and expenses everyday.
Great working environment. Helpful and supportive staff. Great guests. Job included serving banquet events. Working as a team with other banquet housemen.
However the system and processes reduce the ability to evolve emotional intelligence in the workplace. Women are treated very differently and thought of as servants and people who should look pretty professional.
Great place to work, great benefits and perks as well.
Staff are friendly

Management is understanding about work/life balance

Company provides the necessary tools to get the job done
Toujours en manque des linens(linges) quand c'est occupé. HLS niaise bcp
working in this luxury hotel gave me the knowledge that I need to know specially on working with the professional chefs who are very knowledgable about the Culinary Industry.
Started collected tips, which is why I left, along with 6 other serving staff. Owner was too hands-on, and would not allow the F&B Manager to perform his job, which was frustrating for the servers and manager alike.
It's an average employer within the hospitality industry. Nothing more to say. As long as you keep your head down and work hard, you'll go far in the company.
Unfair treatment to new staff. Senior staffs are lazy, they only love to gossip rather than to work, they pick up all the easy works to do and leave behind the ugly ones to new staffs. Poor training and rude environment.
A wonderful banquet team with a lot of heart and very knowledgeable they will help and will go the 100% for all clients - I could not ask for a better team
Salary employees can expect to work more than 40 hours a week. The colleague team is great to work with and the hotel is beautiful. Great central location
This was my first intern in United States. At first i was so nervous to go to work but eventually I love what I am doing. Hyatt Place enhanced my skills and personality.