Hyatt Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Rooms Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2018
good benefits, management needs improvement, employees are nice, warm and welcoming. Current management cares less about employees. Meals and uniform included
Hardworking and fast paced workplace
Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
My position as a Kitchen Steward/Dishwasher is a very challenging job that needs the stewards to be on their feet at all times to ensure perfection and to ensure all the pots and dishes are sanitized and clean for countless use. From this job, I learned that communication is the key to success, from plating to dish washing, we have to be sure we keep engaging in communication to ensure perfection of service behind the kitchen door. What I really enjoyed the most about the job was meeting the staff inside the hotel, we all work in different departments, but we all work together to bring out and represent Hyatt's vision.
some of the chefs were great
Pastry Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 March 2018
loved working here. my department mananger didnt like me much but the chefs were always funny and looked out for each other. if I had free time and spotted one of the chefs doing something interesting I was allowed to watch and learn.
Pros
free delicious food.
Very joyful to work
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MD26 March 2018
It was a great opportunity to work with such a big hotel and resort.Very big organisation lots of staff they welcome lots of multi nationalities and lot to learn from elders.
journée de travail
Agent d'entretien et services a la clientele (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 March 2018
Quand on arrive il y a un meeting a chaque jour pour nous donner touts le avis important après on monte pour remplir les chariots de travail avec la blanquettes que nous allons besoin pour la journée , avec un Ipod on commence un cession(#de employé et mot pass) pour savoir ques q on as comme chambres (stay o départs ) en suit si un cliente te demande certains besoins pour ca chambre on fait comme il a demandè. on reçoit de cliente VIP que ça ce de clientes avec les qu'il nous donne tellement spécifique les taches a faire,aussi donne service a le clients (que la clé marche pas,il besoin de serviettes extra, savon ,cream ,shampoo,etc o meme demande un aide pour traduction(parce que il y a des clientes qu'il parle pas français ou anglais il demande l'aide a nous que somme sur les chemin )
Pros
j'aime le services a la clientèle
very busy place, lots of fun
Cooks 3, internship (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
I was there more for my internship from schooling, great place to work, good people. Chef tests your skills and abilities, keeps ya on your toes. If I could go back there to work I would greatly accept.
Pros
very busy, chef is very helpful.
Cons
downtown, hard place to apply for.
Open door policy with the executives, high end equipment
Commis de Cusine (Current Employee) –  National Capital Region25 January 2018
Hyatt really lives up to one’s expectation when it comes to work because they really apply their core values with their associates. No barrier between executives and regular associates when in comes to meals. Very approachable HR.
Pros
Free laundry services, 1 free meal per shift, insurance, sleeping quarters (for return shift)
Cons
Difficult commute
Professional Enviroment, Amazing Staff
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
I loved working at this hotel and the professional environment I was surrounded by. The staff was great to work with and I learned a lot about the tourism industry.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Werid Hours
No job security
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2018
Management and ownership are the worst. In fact, they will fire you via text message in the middle of the night for no reason. Don't work here!!! You will regret it!
Work and Life Balance
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2018
It’s not the best paying job but they do work with you for life work balance. Lots of work but fun. Management not the best but workable and some time friendly atmosphere
Pros
Work with you on days off
Cons
Pay scal
productive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
The hotel i worked with i called it my second home.It's always good to see and greet my superior and co-worker.There is understanding,cooperation and appreciation.And we worked as a team.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
seasonal
Excellent place to work!
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2018
An excellent company to work with.Good benefits and friendly environment.Treats their employees well.HR are very helpful with their employees.It is just sad that they're closing for a renovation.
Fun and wonderful learning experience
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 January 2018
I loved going into work and being an Event Coordinator. These lessons taught me how I can further my career to become and Event Manager further in my future.

The management in my department was not as wonderful as I would have liked it to be. I found that people were stuck in the "old way" of doing things and for someone who in younger, it was difficult to assert my knowledge into this group. This tied into the workplace culture and environment, could be improved.

Through all the rough patches there were a lot of people and experiences that I wouldn't change for the world! The people in other departments for instance, I met loads of wonderful and enjoyable people to work with apart from my department and that is what hospitality is all about, people.
Pros
Lunches Offered
Competitive Environment
Spa Attendant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2018
There is a great understanding of an individuals capabilities and potential. A great working environment for individuals looking to create a name for themselves.
Great place for work
ANALISTA DE SERVICIO AL CLIENTE (Former Employee) –  CALGARY CANADA11 November 2017
Excelnte lugar para trabajar, excelente equipo de trabajo, y mejor experiencia de vida
Cons
Mucho frio
Great place to work for a few years
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hyatt Regency Calgary11 November 2017
The job an be fulfilling but the pressure to meet sales targets and the consequences of not doing so feels like a stressful pressure cooker-like atmosphere. Most people work 2-3 years in Sales & Events without a promotion. They over-emphasize the quality and treatment of their guests but fail to extend the same to their staff behind the scenes.
Everything was excellente
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Miami, MB8 November 2017
Every day in Hyatt Regency Miami is a special day because the of the talented staff management. Amazing staff, Human resources as well have done something special for each person who works for the company to be satisfied. I know nothing is perfect in that world but they have done great things.
Great Culture
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 November 2017
I love working at Hyatt Regency Toronto! My co-workers are all very fun and eclectic. Each day is unique and full of titillating excitement. This has been a great environment for me to grow my career!
busy place to work
Pastry Cook III (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 November 2017
- great job, with minimal benefits
- can be inconsistent with hours depending on where you work
- open door policy
- accepting of other people/religions/cultures/languages
Pros
free lunches
Cons
unstable hours
typical small businessman gets a big franchisee name
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2017
Management is very poor and only interested in making the last dollar they can. Have zero interest in employee welfare and know they can get tons of refugees / immigrants to do entry level work , so constant hiring and firing is a norm.
Work if you must as a stop gap ; but don't think this can be a long term career place.
Pros
market driven salary
Cons
no growth opportunity, mundane work

52.7K