Husky

Husky Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

Husky

Busy, kinda of cramped and small. Enjoyed the regulars that came in. Hours we’re flexible and we’re open late. Would recommend to a younger high school student

Fast Paced Environment

I really enjoyed working at Husky but as I had to move to better my sons life I then came back after 5months. My Best Friend passed away and I went into slight depression. My employer didn't seem to understand my situation. As a single mom they also didn't seem to understand that I hasd to tend to my sons well being. Do miss the friends I have made at Husky as I helped out at all 4 stores when needed.

Good experience

i loved the environment for working and the owners are really kind and helpful. They give flexible hours and can work with any kind of personal situation too. Job security is good too.

very good work place

I felt very free and independent in workng their. it was a fun place to work. i got only good opinions about the firm expect some hard times with drunk customers at night.

Pros

relaxing

Mornings are fun.

Get coffee made, count the gas levels. Delivery of chips count packages with the driver. Enjoyable part of the job was giving directions to hotels and malls. Met good friends they are still my friends

Pros

Learned to work till.

Cons

Half the week is no fun only worked Saturdays Sundays.

Stable job, work alone often

It's not a bad job, the people are good to work for; it's just I work A LOT of afternoons, which makes it hard to have a social life with family and friends.

Pros

easy to book time off

Cons

work alone lots

A good company to work for

A good company to work for Upstream, Downstream, Midstream, Marketing, Off Shore, Gas Storage options Good growth profile if they can achieve it in the next 5 years

slow

liked the people i worked with worked the evening shifts was very slow but my health got in the way so i was fired i did not like working the late shifts

productive

That was a fun loving place where i have learned to work hard as a team member.and loved to see bunch of new personalties,and of course to interact with them .lot of experience from husky in a positive way.

Pros

Oppurtunity to meet bunch of personalities

Cons

Long shifts

Good place to work at

People here know what they are doing and we helpful towards those who may not understand everything and help them out. They also had good management who knew what to do if a certain situation presented itself.

Pros

Work Crew

Cons

Not enough jobs for new people when compared to those with experience

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Husky?

good company

Very good company and people to work with Good compensation Very busy location with a tourist seasonal business Good customer service to all patients

good

i worked almost for half year and it was really good experience. people and staff were really nice and polite and i loved to be a part of it

Pros

good staff

Good work place.

Working for Husky was not to bad of a place to work. A lot of customers that came through were friendly. My co-workers were also great to work with.

Pros

Husky dollars

Good team environment

Interesting projects Nice Building Ample parking Good cafeteria

Busy workplace. no fun

A busy workplace, hard to manage life and work. Fun to work with people. listening to their problems.

Pros

less responsibility

Cons

Busy and challenging tasks oriented work place

a. Worked long hours consisting inventory inspection, Orders, daily accounts, analyzing prospect fleet customers and many more activities. b. Learned different ways to increase sales, ways to solve customer problems, ways to handle busy environment. c. Learned about back office management and training the new employees. d. It was good learning to work as supervisor as it sharpened my skills on human resource management. e. The hardest part of job was to manage the workflow on strict timeline and the most enjoyable part was working on busy peak hours.

Pros

Experience regarding cash management, time and stress management.

Cons

Less time for break.

Entertaining

Great co-workers, with a lot of chances of getting involved in the community. Regular customers willing to lend a hand and willing to have fun with you for the brief moment they are at the Register. Co-workers are also always willing to help and most of the store duties get split between the 2-4 person team working. The hardest part, I find, is the drive-offs. People who gas and dash have become my worst nightmare, as it affects the dynamics of the entire shift. Management is under a lot of pressure to ensure that "off-limits" products are stocked, paper-work is done and accounts are balanced. Workers are under the pressure to not let anything be stolen, handle secret-shoppers, keep a clean and organized environment, and not get too caught up in story telling or sharing with customers.

Pros

free coffee or slurpies.

Cons

long and strange hours... 6am to 3pm and 3pm to 11 pm....

A good place to work

I had a great time working here, the down fall was that when i came aboard the place was slow, and am sure that it still is, there wasnt much of a challange, there were only 3 emplyees in the whole place so who opened also closed.

Pros

free food

fun place to be

dealing with customers, filling propane, cleaning wash bays

Pros

free slurpees

A mixed Review

I enjoyed working for Husky, but my employer was not legitimate. I was the only staff member whom was not a manager or boss.I would love to try with a differant Husky, located in the city, where I can enjoy the company of other co-workers and get to and from work with ease.My favorite part of the job was making people happy.

Pros

great hours

Cons

low job security

Busy with lots to do

I really enjoyed this job always learning some thing new and meeting new people.

Pros

loving the kind of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement