Husky

Husky Management reviews

Clear

The management was encouraging and the coworkers were friendly

The management really encouraged you to be your best, and when they notice potential they're quick to act on it. The coworkers who were long term were friendly and helpful.

Worst job ever.

Customers were actually great , management and other staff are the problem. No overtime even if you work 16 hours straight. No opportunity for advancement. Generally a bad environment with no support.

Pros

Free coffee or slurpees, met lots of great customers.

Cons

Everything else

Horrible, unsafe, and belittling environment

The boss abused the employees, and the patrons were no better. I wasn't allowed to ban customers even when they harassed me. Boss made multiple advances and took advantage of my innocence as a 17 year old kid, unable to stand up for myself.

Pros

Easy, good tips

Cons

Unsafe, toxic

Don’t work at valleyview.

I worked for husky for 3 years and at all three locations in Kamloops. The “Paul lake” husky was more of a fast paced environment, “Sahali” husky was more chill and had great management, but the “Valleyview” husky was terrible. The manager (in my experience) was/is a bully. The coworkers I had were all pretty good and I made some good friends. Plenty of incentives throughout the year for gift cards plus any mystery shops you pass you got a chance to get like 50-100 dollars I think? Cleaning was easy enough but when we switched to a new owner it was clear all he cared about was making money and didn’t care about the employees, even going as far as threatening my job security when I failed my first mystery shop under his ownership. I’ve seen plenty of good employees that I had worked with leave because the owner wasn’t that great. I wouldn’t recommend working at the huskys in Kamloops unless you’re okay with the micromanagement of the boss.

Pros

Some cool people.

Cons

Owner doesn’t care about employees.

An amazing place to work

A Relaxed work environment with a steady customer count. Stocking coolers and shelves twice a day, and cleaning floors and restrooms 4 times a day. made tons of friends and met the lovely management.

Pros

free coffee and Cold Sucks

Overall a good working experience

An overall good working experience. As a student i think this isn’t a good job due to night shifts but the advantage i had was my manager was good and cooperating.

Pros

Good Management

Cons

Night Shifts, Not a flexible timetab

Great working environment and fun atmosphere

Working at husky felt like a great environment to work at because the management would treat you like family and will always ask if you have had your break or lunch yet, and on top of that there were just coworkers to work alongside, the would never be rude to one another but they would always try to help each other out.

Tres mauvais place a travailler

Direction merdique et tres mauvais superviseur Que dire du superviseur dany beausejour qui crie sur les employer quand bon sa lui semble

great store in the day to work for

great place the owner was very nice, management was always a pleasure to work with. any questions concerns they would have answers or would get answers to the question. always made you feel important to the company. sadly the owner left husky november 2014 and is no longer the same people.

Productive work space with minimal amount of supervision

A typical day at work consist of taking care of customers needs and to make sure they're satisfied with our services. I have learnt that a customer service job requires patience and discipline. The most difficult responsibility is when several customers are there and I have to multitask. But by remaining calm and using time management skills and paying attention to detail, no mistakes are made. The most fun part of the job is putting a smile on a customers face after their needs have been fulfilled.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Husky?

good place to work

good place to work worked gravyards so im by myself leant to cook and serve and do a lot alone pretty laid back place management is awesome the people are awesome

Worked morning weekends which would usually entail a large volume of customers which meant there was always lots to do and sometimes not enough time to do it; management was very flexible and kind

Pros

Flexible management

Cons

A lot of multi-tasking

Great experience and opportunity to learn and grow

Direction and advice from the AFM and DM helps with where you're and should be heading to. Management is great in responding with queries. Opportunity to learn in a fast growing environment with professional and ethical work place.

It was a great job, until prepay comes in.

It was a great working place, customers and coworkers are usually nice, I'm outdoors for the most part, there is always something to do, even if there is nothing to do around the store. Management and salary are a little poor due to the local owner being a little cheap (only paying minimum wage, not bothering to fix the car wash, etc.). But my coworkers are very nice, they helped me when I needed it, as well as being fun to hang around. And the tips here can be pretty sweet (sometimes money, sometimes a random item like I got a lottery ticket once). However, that changed when we switched to prepay, we wound up having less customers than usual, and when there is nothing to do, there is nothing we can do to pass the time. Overall, the experience is pretty good, and if there is a husky that doesn't have prepay and a help wanted sign, I'd suggest taking it, even if it's just for work experience.

Pros

Free coffee and Slurpee, and tips

Cons

Bad customers, poor management, and prepay

Quick paced environment

Serving food and taking orders. Cleaning was always mandatory on the job. Learned a lot about multitasking and how to keep customers patient if the kitchen was backed up. Management wasn't the best yet wasn't the worst. Lack of communication through management and didn't deal with bad situation well. Hardest part was keeping up with the rush. Most enjoyable was getting to talk to the customers and talking to people all over the world.

Pros

Place to work to meet people all over the country.

Cons

Not the best smelling customers some days.

Terrible Managment

Terrible management with owner now having any good role in the company at all. Have seen so many cashiers/managers alongside struggle as they have to handle the pressure from the owner without him having to do anything.

Pros

None I can think off

Cons

Paid for my own gas for all the visits to my multiple sites everyday and having a fixed pay.

Good place to work at

People here know what they are doing and we helpful towards those who may not understand everything and help them out. They also had good management who knew what to do if a certain situation presented itself.

Pros

Work Crew

Cons

Not enough jobs for new people when compared to those with experience

Enjoyable work place

I enjoyed working at Husky, but I did not approve of the management, I feel as though, I did not get enough training to properly do my job as well as I believe that I could.

Pros

Free coffees

Cons

Managament

Amazing communal place to work

Great little station with the best coffee in town. Clean coffee pots and friendly staff/management, owned and operated by a family in Cache Creek; I loved my time in this establishment and the customers were almost always friendly, there were some unique customers as well and I formed friendships with total strangers that lasted a few minutes but I'll always remember. It was great.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Not enough hours

Boston Bar Husky shut down

Horrible conditions. I had no running water, was only allowed to leave the til area to make coffee. two weeks unpaid training. no sick days. Korean management didn't know or understand much English, so i had trouble trying to get help with corrections. I had to use an 18L water jug to wash my hands and flush the toilet. No lunch, No breaks. Paid full price for any food I did pick up to eat, but could not have it visible to customers. Not allowed to stock shelves, sweep or mop store. No allowed to talk to friends or acquaintances while at work. No record of employment or T4 given until I demanded it vwith help of CRA.

Pros

employment

Cons

underpaid and overworked

Its a fun job

I learnt management skills and worked in a multi cultured environment .It does not offer any benefits like health benefits or 2 weeks paid vacation but it was fun working there..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement