Husky

Husky Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.1Job security & advancement

Huskey

it was a laid back job it was very slow due to lack of clients. I enjoyed working with the public. i also enjoyed my team mates they made the job enjoyable.

Worst job ever.

Customers were actually great , management and other staff are the problem. No overtime even if you work 16 hours straight. No opportunity for advancement. Generally a bad environment with no support.

Pros

Free coffee or slurpees, met lots of great customers.

Cons

Everything else

Don’t work at valleyview.

I worked for husky for 3 years and at all three locations in Kamloops. The “Paul lake” husky was more of a fast paced environment, “Sahali” husky was more chill and had great management, but the “Valleyview” husky was terrible. The manager (in my experience) was/is a bully. The coworkers I had were all pretty good and I made some good friends. Plenty of incentives throughout the year for gift cards plus any mystery shops you pass you got a chance to get like 50-100 dollars I think? Cleaning was easy enough but when we switched to a new owner it was clear all he cared about was making money and didn’t care about the employees, even going as far as threatening my job security when I failed my first mystery shop under his ownership. I’ve seen plenty of good employees that I had worked with leave because the owner wasn’t that great. I wouldn’t recommend working at the huskys in Kamloops unless you’re okay with the micromanagement of the boss.

Pros

Some cool people.

Cons

Owner doesn’t care about employees.

Most of the people are good to work with.

Not everyone wanted to contribute fully, but as long as you do your job it will be a good place to work. I enjoyed working in different areas rather than being stuck behind the cash register.

Tres mauvais place a travailler

Direction merdique et tres mauvais superviseur Que dire du superviseur dany beausejour qui crie sur les employer quand bon sa lui semble

Great

If someone gave the chance to join husky again that is excellent. I have great experience there. That is my first job. I really want to work again for husky. Thanks

Excellent

Excellence in every area More than enough training provided a very healthy environment and team leaders are very patient to help if needed By far the best place I’ve ever worked for and the only company I regret leaving even though it seemed like the right thing to do at the time

Good experience

i loved the environment for working and the owners are really kind and helpful. They give flexible hours and can work with any kind of personal situation too. Job security is good too.

worked at own pace

I liked working for Husky my first manager I had was super awesome. worked at your own pace as long as you got all your stuff done. I learned a lot and worked with some good hands on people.

Pros

good pay

Cons

i was a contractor

Great experience and opportunity to learn and grow

Direction and advice from the AFM and DM helps with where you're and should be heading to. Management is great in responding with queries. Opportunity to learn in a fast growing environment with professional and ethical work place.

A good company to work for

A good company to work for Upstream, Downstream, Midstream, Marketing, Off Shore, Gas Storage options Good growth profile if they can achieve it in the next 5 years

slow

liked the people i worked with worked the evening shifts was very slow but my health got in the way so i was fired i did not like working the late shifts

Enjoyable

I worked on that place with confident and i got lots of information which will help me. I enjoyed a lot because all were helpful and gave information that was important in work.

Productive workplace

Awesome place to have my first job experience overseas. Learned a lot about traditions and cultures required to work in Canada. Overall it gave me an overview of how it would be to work while studying and staying alone.

productive

Since I'm still in high school, I did a cashier job at Husky for few months. I did this work to gain experience. Since it was a gas station, it was a very busy place. Also, I really enjoyed being a cashier.

Pros

easy job

Cons

far away

good company

Very good company and people to work with Good compensation Very busy location with a tourist seasonal business Good customer service to all patients

Good team environment

Interesting projects Nice Building Ample parking Good cafeteria

1st job with so much learn and implement

it was my 1st job, so had learnt a lot from there, though the environment wasn't too healthy and was full of restrictions

A mixed Review

I enjoyed working for Husky, but my employer was not legitimate. I was the only staff member whom was not a manager or boss.I would love to try with a differant Husky, located in the city, where I can enjoy the company of other co-workers and get to and from work with ease.My favorite part of the job was making people happy.

Pros

great hours

Cons

low job security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement