Husky

Husky Employee Reviews

The management was encouraging and the coworkers were friendly

The management really encouraged you to be your best, and when they notice potential they're quick to act on it. The coworkers who were long term were friendly and helpful.

Worst job ever.

Customers were actually great , management and other staff are the problem. No overtime even if you work 16 hours straight. No opportunity for advancement. Generally a bad environment with no support.

Pros

Free coffee or slurpees, met lots of great customers.

Cons

Everything else

Bad Managment

The manager at the store actually wanted you to be confrontational with customers . During covid we were told not to say anything to customers not wearing a mask while there was a mandatory mask mandate , just told us to serve them quickly. No concern for staff or customers we were all told how easy it was to replace us.

Pros

none.

Cons

no overtime pay, lots of last minute schedule changes, back to back shifts (get off at 11pm work next morning at 6am)

Productive and fun workplace

It was a nice experience working for Husky. The staff were very cooperative. The owner was a very good man. Never had any problems. Husky always took care of employee's problems. The pay rate was highly satisfied and a lot of working hours were available.

Pros

Friendly atmosphere

Cons

Horrible, unsafe, and belittling environment

The boss abused the employees, and the patrons were no better. I wasn't allowed to ban customers even when they harassed me. Boss made multiple advances and took advantage of my innocence as a 17 year old kid, unable to stand up for myself.

Pros

Easy, good tips

Cons

Unsafe, toxic

Don’t work at valleyview.

I worked for husky for 3 years and at all three locations in Kamloops. The “Paul lake” husky was more of a fast paced environment, “Sahali” husky was more chill and had great management, but the “Valleyview” husky was terrible. The manager (in my experience) was/is a bully. The coworkers I had were all pretty good and I made some good friends. Plenty of incentives throughout the year for gift cards plus any mystery shops you pass you got a chance to get like 50-100 dollars I think? Cleaning was easy enough but when we switched to a new owner it was clear all he cared about was making money and didn’t care about the employees, even going as far as threatening my job security when I failed my first mystery shop under his ownership. I’ve seen plenty of good employees that I had worked with leave because the owner wasn’t that great. I wouldn’t recommend working at the huskys in Kamloops unless you’re okay with the micromanagement of the boss.

Pros

Some cool people.

Cons

Owner doesn’t care about employees.

They are very good people

They nice people preety good with work and a nice gas station with good staff. Try to help eachother if we get stuck or dealing with something and dividing the work preety fairly.

Pros

Fair

Cons

Less hours

An amazing place to work

A Relaxed work environment with a steady customer count. Stocking coolers and shelves twice a day, and cleaning floors and restrooms 4 times a day. made tons of friends and met the lovely management.

Pros

free coffee and Cold Sucks

Husky

Busy, kinda of cramped and small. Enjoyed the regulars that came in. Hours we’re flexible and we’re open late. Would recommend to a younger high school student

Huskey

it was a laid back job it was very slow due to lack of clients. I enjoyed working with the public. i also enjoyed my team mates they made the job enjoyable.

as a pipe fitter when I worked there I found it a good a great job.

As my experience working there in the 90,s it was a great job and well paying job. Since then I have work shutdowns the were very well paying jobs. A maintenance job would be a good fit

Pros

Good safe working coditions

Cons

Crude oil smell

I had fun time working at Husky:)

Working at husky was fun as i had to work every Saturdays and Sundays. I would definitely recommend this job as it was easy and fun to work. I learned a lot of skills at Husky and overall it was good

Overall a good working experience

An overall good working experience. As a student i think this isn’t a good job due to night shifts but the advantage i had was my manager was good and cooperating.

Pros

Good Management

Cons

Night Shifts, Not a flexible timetab

Most of the people are good to work with.

Not everyone wanted to contribute fully, but as long as you do your job it will be a good place to work. I enjoyed working in different areas rather than being stuck behind the cash register.

Great working environment and fun atmosphere

Working at husky felt like a great environment to work at because the management would treat you like family and will always ask if you have had your break or lunch yet, and on top of that there were just coworkers to work alongside, the would never be rude to one another but they would always try to help each other out.

Tres mauvais place a travailler

Direction merdique et tres mauvais superviseur Que dire du superviseur dany beausejour qui crie sur les employer quand bon sa lui semble

great store in the day to work for

great place the owner was very nice, management was always a pleasure to work with. any questions concerns they would have answers or would get answers to the question. always made you feel important to the company. sadly the owner left husky november 2014 and is no longer the same people.

A lot of heavy lifting

When running store and post office it can be a bit challenging,heavy lifting,doing daily counts are done at wrong time should be done after big rushes not during them

Great

If someone gave the chance to join husky again that is excellent. I have great experience there. That is my first job. I really want to work again for husky. Thanks

Fast Paced Environment

I really enjoyed working at Husky but as I had to move to better my sons life I then came back after 5months. My Best Friend passed away and I went into slight depression. My employer didn't seem to understand my situation. As a single mom they also didn't seem to understand that I hasd to tend to my sons well being. Do miss the friends I have made at Husky as I helped out at all 4 stores when needed.

Excellent

Excellence in every area More than enough training provided a very healthy environment and team leaders are very patient to help if needed By far the best place I’ve ever worked for and the only company I regret leaving even though it seemed like the right thing to do at the time

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement
  • Husky
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?