Husky

Husky

Husky Employee Review

good

i worked almost for half year and it was really good experience. people and staff were really nice and polite and i loved to be a part of it

Pros

good staff

5.0Job security/advancement

Worst job ever.

Customers were actually great , management and other staff are the problem. No overtime even if you work 16 hours straight. No opportunity for advancement. Generally a bad environment with no support.

Pros

Free coffee or slurpees, met lots of great customers.

Cons

Everything else

Bad Managment

The manager at the store actually wanted you to be confrontational with customers . During covid we were told not to say anything to customers not wearing a mask while there was a mandatory mask mandate , just told us to serve them quickly. No concern for staff or customers we were all told how easy it was to replace us.

Pros

none.

Cons

no overtime pay, lots of last minute schedule changes, back to back shifts (get off at 11pm work next morning at 6am)
Same role

Don’t work at valleyview.

I worked for husky for 3 years and at all three locations in Kamloops. The “Paul lake” husky was more of a fast paced environment, “Sahali” husky was more chill and had great management, but the “Valleyview” husky was terrible. The manager (in my experience) was/is a bully. The coworkers I had were all pretty good and I made some good friends. Plenty of incentives throughout the year for gift cards plus any mystery shops you pass you got a chance to get like 50-100 dollars I think? Cleaning was easy enough but when we switched to a new owner it was clear all he cared about was making money and didn’t care about the employees, even going as far as threatening my job security when I failed my first mystery shop under his ownership. I’ve seen plenty of good employees that I had worked with leave because the owner wasn’t that great. I wouldn’t recommend working at the huskys in Kamloops unless you’re okay with the micromanagement of the boss.

Pros

Some cool people.

Cons

Owner doesn’t care about employees.
  • Husky