Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

Easy Workplace

Worked for Husky Energy and enjoyed every minute of it. Husky allowed me grow my career and develop with technical and leadership courses. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would.

A good place to work.

Work at Husky was diverse and challenging. Weekend on-call was required which was compensated for. Work hours were flexible and compensate was fair.

Worked for Husky Energy for many years and enjoyed every minute of it. I worked my way up from an inexperienced operator to the Sr. superintendent job managing all of the field team. Husky allowed me grow my career and develop with technical and leadership courses. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would.

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

would have liked to work there longer but my job was completed

Great place to work, Maintenance department has great group of guys

people you work with everyday are great. the maintenance culture is top notch.. but all oil companies are the same. management leadership is needs improvement.

Very caustic environment

The management I worked with would so so easily sacrifice strong technical people to advance up the ladder. I joined because I thought I could bring some strong technical engineering and geological expertise to the table, I was so wrong. Skills and technical abilities are not appreciated, hence not rewarded and encouraged.

Husky Energy Downstream

When the oil price is high, life is good. When they announced the sale of the downstream assets, true personalities came out. Management is too slow to decide and doesn't recognize high performing individuals. They pay better than most companies for similar roles.

Buddy system.

Not a great place to work, not very loyal to there employees or contractor's. Alot of buddy system hiring and firing, ruled by threats and talked about safety but never followed it. Extreme amount of internal back stabbing and favouritism, no clear leadership from the office. Safety was fine unless it cost money, then it was thrown out the window. Promoting people to positions not qualified for

Real quick to through you out without notice

Husky is not shy about quickly releasing contractors with less than 2 hrs notice. And with little explanation. It is also impossible to get a reference or referral from them as Husky, you much work with your peers to do this.

Great environment to practice and learn in your chosen profession

As above but otherwise I do not care to share this information with a computer in an online cloud type of environment that may be subject to breach or other intrusions.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Husky is a good place to work for specially if you're looking for any non-skilled part time job

I joined husky convenience store as a CSR for doing part time job and I do really enjoy it but it's not any skilled job or regarding to any study that we have done in school. Working culture is so fast paced and serving every customer rightly is very important. I've learned many skills from there such as communication, time management, problem solving capability and ordering stuffs

Challenging and demanding

Husky has a very diverse leadership cultures across its Business Units, but one common goal I observed is the focus in the return on capital, when assessing any initiative. Therefore the "add value" element was an intrinsic and unique signature through out the organizations I got the privilege to work on.

A well balanced, work and family based organization.

Normally a typical 8 - 5 environment, but will offer a flexible work schedule. An inclusive and fully diversified organization that is heavy involved in local communities.

good place to work at

Nice place to work at friendly staff life balance place, flexible hours team work in general good company good place to work at and goo people to deal with i

Pros

flexible hours

Cons

Lay off 690 employee

Exciting and Stressfull

Husky is a great place to work as long as you can manage the stress caused by such uncertainty in your position and the ever changing LRP. The culture is such that they do not promote from within unless you have politically patronized the right people. There are many people there that do not do much work but they have a relationship outside of work with their boss and as such always make it through (usually with a promotion) any re-org or significant change. This holds true for both employees and field consultants. The salary and benefits are very good and most of the people are great to work with as well. They are also very good a promoting great teamwork by having multi-functional teams work on projects.

Great environment

I enjoyed my time working at Husky Market. Management was fantastic great communication among staff. I was treated fairly and the work culture was great.

Poor work environment, no chance at advancement.

Typical day was routine to say the least. Learned in the first years, very little later on. Management wasn't properly trained to manage the employees. Workplace was hostile. hardest part of the job was staying motivated. most enjoyable part of work was pay and benefits.

Great people to work with but senior management is horrible to work with.

Work life balance is not good, however you are well compensated. Definitely a lack of strategic leadership. Many of the current senior leaders have been in their roles too long and do not provide anything of substance anymore.

Fun workplace

Love to work as a cashier .all the staff was too polite .gave best training. friendly nature. everyday was new challenging day. made new friends .customers were always welcomed as friend they too treat us as a family member.

good environment

friendly staff and very cooperative, by working here I feel like home and they are very respectful toward their workers as well as customers. You must visit their site to feel it.

Excellent place to kick-start your engineering career

Very supportive and inclusive office environment, excellent place to learn on the job and acquire engineering skills. Learnt a lot about pipeline integrity management, in particular about corrosion monitoring and prevention. Learnt about various aspects of pipeline integrity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement