Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

Good learning exp

Its good learning experience in Husky. Good people to work with. Very focused on customers.but no growth for workers I mean no promotions etc. even people are working at same level from last 7 years

Management methods need improved

Management authorization levels are not very clear. Husky management methods need to be improved. and make the persons' roles and responsibility more clear and make the decision more effective.

Good experience to have in dealing with different kind of customers

Nice start for newcomers or who is looking for a job with not much requirements and experiences , however the work environment is good if you follow the safety precautions

Great work place

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the people at Husky. Great working environment and fellow employees were extremely helpful in all aspects of my job

Great place to work except for management

Husky was my dream job but after about a year the work environment became very political and unstable. Management became grumpy because of all the layoffs and then it became a toxic environment. If the market is up then the work environment is excellent. If the Market is down then so is the mood.

Great employees,

Working for Husky was a great experience. That's all I have to say. Who is looking this review. Is this going to be seen at the Husky office in Calgary

Amazing company to work with

I loved my experience working with Husky, and I would gladly stay here, but the work is too slow to support myself on while working here. Husky has amazing support in the field, from the office.

Very interesting place to work,always busy

Always something to do and a person never stops learning, new technigues and procedures coming out all the time. If equipment needs attention or requires repair, there is no problem getting things fixed, especially if it is a safety concern.

Collaborative Work Environment

Husky has a great collaborative work environment. Fellow co-workers on the floor were willing to help out on projects and tasks when they could. Everyone is willing to share their knowledge.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Lots of regulars, busy in the mornings slower in the afternoons.

I always worked evening shift and the job for most part was really laid back. daily duties besides cashier involve cleaning of the store and maintenance task that may arise. Pretty typical of all cashier jobs.

Horrible

They can't keep anyone in this role as the other girl you work with will have you fired if she feels threatened...and she did this with everyone. The pay was $2 over minimum wage...couldn't survive without take a second job. Wouldn't work there again as long as that girl is there and certainly not for such a low wage.

Husk was not a bad experience.

Husky was not totally a bad experience. It really was no different than any other company I've worked for. Their commitment to safety was their number one goal as it should be but I felt it was a little too much. Husky's HSE program is not consistent company wide. have different

good job at husky energy

i learned many things from my husky job . my manager is so nice and good in nature . overall is my great experience with them . i worked at night my job was so good. working environment was so good and safe .

Exciting and friendly work environment

I spent several years with this company and I really enjoyed office environment and culture. The emphasis on culture and team building were second to none. I would still be there if I was still living in Canada.

Pros

Excellent communication from the top down

Cons

long work hours at times

Fun place to work but the salary is not enough.

Typically, my duties are to interact with the customers, complete transactions, sweep and mop the floor. Also, I usually stock up the supplies and do dusting, check if the windshield washer is clean outside and make sure that the valuable items match the count on the paper.

Productive and fun place to work.

I worked for Husky Energy 2000-2018 for 18 years as Well Site Supervisor ( Contractor ) Work over, completion, abandonments, production, horizontal pad work.

Good people to work with

Challenging work but great people. It is a big company with big company policies and procedures. Good environment to work in and flexible in workhome life.

it was a place with full of fun.

i like to deal the people so it was a having fun activity for me to deal the customers. i got a good experience to work with the different kind of people.

Productive work place

To work with Husky is good start as i am new to Canada. I serve the customers by providing them best customer service. i manage cash register. i make the store clean. i am enjoying working at Husky But i want to move to technical field as i have good technical knowledge.

Great pay & benefits, horrible management

Husky offers excellent compensation and benefits, however the culture isn't what it used to be. The culture now is one of cliques and jealousy, with management playing favourites. Bullying is not only tolerated, in many cases it's encouraged. I was laid off for standing up to a bully manager (not my direct manager, but one in my department). My manager sided with the bully. I was laid off within 2 weeks of being bullied and reporting it. These days, my former coworkers that are still employed there tell me the company is selling off assets and will be folding or be acquired by a larger company soon. The future is bleak at Husky. Do NOT work there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement