Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

Bad Management

Terrible management. Budget cuts mean worker cuts Contractors constantly having to take pay cuts. You must develop a culture of saying yes or you will be the first on the exit list. HR ignored complaints made by workers about poor management.

Great company to work with

I've worked with the integrity group at Husky as a contractor for a little over 2 years now and I am very happy to say I have enjoyed it thoroughly. All those I've worked or interacted with are very knowledgeable and act in a very professional manner. I would recommend Husky to anyone looking for a career in our industry.

Fast paced, multi tasking, travel, computer proficient

Great company/group to be a part of. Lots of diverse opportunities all over Western Canada. Worked in multiple disciplines. Great culture and family orientated.

Productive environment with great people

Collaborative meetings and discussions with team members. Many challenging and up tempo projects that need to be completed with strict deadlines. Management had an open door policy so many people felt comfortable working together.

Overall good company to work for. Supportive management staff

It has been good 6 years with the company. They present a good internal moving program to help young engineers try different department before settling into a role.

Good working environment

I am a contract employee so I do not get to take full advantage of what Husky has to offer its employees. However, it has been a good working environment and they treat employees well with lots of room for growth.

It was an amazing place to work and the people are so helpful that it will help any individual to learn and grow. My supervisor always encourage me to ask him questions,

Tips were great

Tips were great. The owner didn’t like over time and would write a separate personal check for over time hours We had tour buses come in About one every day some times two.

Stereotypical old boys club

There are more levels of “management” than there are in a wedding cake. Yes men have a hard time advancing, but if you’re a yes woman or yes visible minority, then welcome to the gravy train. Third world applicants will fair well as corruption seems to be the main flavour with this company. No one person gets rich by being honest. This company is so big and the management is so bad, it eats itself from the bottom up, in a top heavy structure.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Very fast paced business unit, team worked well together

Very fast paced business unit and this was probably the most knowledge I walked away with. Had a great mentor who taught me a lot about the business.

Good work environment

I worked on the west white project, the project was engineered good and made it easier on the employee to do there job. management was good and co-workers were too. worst part of the job for me was my pay was wrong every week which made it frustrating

Productive Work place

Fast paced, I really enjoyed working at Husky and people are friendly and helpful and always willing to sit a listen. They are willing to teach you and help you suceed.

Not at all funny, no growth

There is no growth at all. I started working there 2 years ago. when I dropped i still at the cashier. The mangers only listen to those who butter them. Even a 2-month notice for holiday is not enough.

Really nice people to work for.

Just everyday things, serve customers with a smile no matter what mood they might be having that day. Even on my bad days I still just came into work smiling.

Excelente ambiente laboral en una empresa multicultural

Ambiente de trabajo muy variado con frecuentes viajes a las zonas operacionales. Trato directo con muchos empleados de planta y contratistas. A lo largo de mis 13 años de experiencia en la empresa, he tenido muchos retos interesantes y he tenido buena delegación de responsabilidades. He tenido muy buena experiencia liderando un equipo de ingenieros en diferentes roles.

Excellent supervision

My supervisor made all the difference, a great boss makes the work fulfilling and rewarding. There are a great many challenges within large corporations that can be addressed with good oversight from a knowledgeable supervisor.

Excellent place to work

Husky is an absolutely fantastic place to work. The company strives to keep their employees safe. They have a very competitive salary, great benefits, employee discounts for auto, electronic, and several other purchases at retail outlets. Honestly can say was a sad day when our area announced they were for sale. Best outfit i have ever worked for.

Pros

Everything is exceptional

Cons

Opportunities to advance in your position do not arise once you have hit a certain level

Being integrated is their strength.

Safety is a big issue never resolved there in reality. Several companies exist within the company. One of VP let go some of the best talents due to his personal ego and got promoted!

Na

Poor Management, Lack of leadership. No recognition Work work work Lack of knowledge from upper management, only the favourites get the opportunities to move up.

Interesting work with Potential

Husky was a good place to work to get a wide exposure to many different roles in the Oil and Gas Sector. There is a focus on changing the workplace culture to be more collaborative and open.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement