Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Jobs easy, coworkers are friendly, but owner is unpleasant.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC30 January 2018
A typical day at work involved lots of lottery, cigarettes and junk food. Learned a lot of different things on the job but I learned how to communicate better with management. The worst part of the job was doing fuel inventory, as you tend to get covered in rust and gasoline. Best part of the job is the people. Coworkers and regulars alike are all very kind and friendly.
Pros
Free coffee and slurpees, ability to make a lot of friends
Cons
Understaffed, Owner doesn't communicate well with staff.
Worthless
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK29 January 2018
Waste of my time and effort. Noone seems to ever know exactly what they are supposed to be doing. Never sure who you really report to as they changed our leads constantly but never really let anyone know when.
Constantly having the people above you stealing credit for your work and your ideas.
Worst managed company I’ve ever had the misfortune of working for. I would not recommend applying let alone working there, it’s not worth what they put you through. Just the sheer amount of moronic tendencies shown by the majority of the staff is nauseating and makes you question the stability of the company and if it has a future with lazy employees who don’t look for the mistakes they just fudge the numbers to make it work, or ‘accidentally’ misplace things they don’t want to do or understand how to do in the garbage.
If you really want to do work for Husky do it through another company that Husky contracts work to. You’ll be treated better, and you’ll deal with a lot less stupidity.
Enjoy the hotel cheaper price for a night
Test Pack Coordinator/Glycol Red (Former Employee) –  Forth McMurray29 January 2018
Great to work with my manager and colleagues. We have a potluck every month with your own specialty, and celebrates birthday of the same month with a cake.
Pros
Free coffee and good privilege pay less to stay in the hotel
Cons
no overtime
Hard working rewarding environment
Asphalt & Emulsions Engineering Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 January 2018
Husky is a great place to work. Long hours are expected of you which is great. Great people in the workplace and overall a really good team mentality.
Invests in Employers
Contract Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2018
Good environment and Management. Was on a temp contract so didn't get to work there long but enjoyed the time I did and learned lots. Flexible hours and room for advancement.
good company and leading position in Industry
Staff Cost Controls Specialist, Sunrise Project (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
Husky is a good Company with diversity cultures. I got lots of challenges and learned a lot as well during my last 5 years. We need to finish our weekly reports and monthly reports on time and discuss the cash flow forecast internally and externally, such as Husky financial group and contractors. Husky gave me lots of chances to get involved with different knowledge such as SAP and cost and scheduling software. I really want to work with Husky in future.
Poor Management
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK19 December 2017
Found the management disengaged from the day to day operations...also did not take the time and effort to make the plant operations the best that it could be.
good work provided
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
this is a good company.it has a good environment for employees as well as customers to feel comfortable to work and to do shopping there.its a good experience to work there to increase my working and communication skills there.
Pros
good working environment
Overall alright, not great for job security
Scientist and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
Overall great for benefits and a work life balance. I did not consider it very good for advancement from being a female perspective. It seemed like guys had a better in with the managers and team leads, and could get away with schmoozing.
Great Place to work.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK12 December 2017
The crew is friendly and grows to become like a big family only after a short while. Great work environment for persons with the appropriate qualifications.
Great place for students to learn
Reservoir Engineering Contractor - HOG (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
My experience with Husky has proven that the company fosters the learning of all student employees. My co-workers were friendly and always willing to answer questions.
Always enjoyed going to work
Sr. Consulting Land Analyst - Contract, Minerals (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Husky. Management was very good and there was always the appropriate direction and feedback on projects completed. Management was always approachable.
Pros
Very good place to work
Cons
Good place to work and to integrate
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on26 November 2017
Good place to work and many people to comunicate and integrate. Excelent work schedule and work atmosphere. I would prefer to work at this place like this.
Pros
Free lunch
Great teams and projects
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
I enjoyed the various projects I worked on at Husky as well as the teams I had the opportunity to participate in.

As with any large organization, it has its issues, but overall, as far as large corporations go, this was a great place to work.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
very large, slow moving company
Very good company to work for.
Chief Steam Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB3 November 2017
Very good company to work for, with good pay and excellent benefits. Day to day life was challenging, but often suffered from high turn over rates. Excellent group of people to work with, but often lacked direction.
Pros
Competitive wages, excellent benefits.
Cons
High turn over rates, lack of life balance
Excellent work place with rewarding wotk.
Subsurface Developments Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 October 2017
Typical eight to five work day, Monday to Friday.
Balanced work load, leading to a great work to life balance.
Competitive salary.
Excellent workplace with knowledgeable people.
Internship only - Overall good
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
I only had the perspective of internship at Husky but I had a great group of people that I dealt with. My leader encouraged everyone towards healthy activities and I started working out at the gym available in the Husky building when I was there. Overall a good experience. Too bad the internship program at the time didn't have placements for graduates.
Very good company to work for. Good shift with a good amount of time off for family and friends
Practicum Oil and Gas Production Operator Student (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB3 October 2017
Husky is a safety based company that cares about there employees. They pay there employees well and give them a good amount of vacation pay every year. I works with very nice people. The only complaint i heard repeated by many guys is that the maintenance department is slow moving
Pros
Good pay, good shift, good people, good work, good job
Cons
Slow maintenance department
CSA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
One of the best institutions to work with. Having a wonderful experience with the company staff and of course customers. One thing I love about people teach you while working. Only problem is that I have to come 45 km's away from home. I wish best of everything for husky.
Pros
Best care
Cons
It's a relaxing environment for a first job.
service clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 September 2017
it was a good place to work. You got very flexible shifts and a relaxing work environment. There was quite a bit of job security. Overall my time working at a Husky gas station was fun.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not much advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.