Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

Great place to work and learn

Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.

Great place to work. Encouragement to rise up and given opportunities to find a great fit

I would start with going through my inbox. Dealing with the ones that are time sensitive or people wanted information. That is very important that you give the customer the best experience as you are the first line I then would work on any requisition, and any re tech training that needs to be addressed. Process any purchase orders, arranging hot shots if need be. Being on top of logistics, is very important I worked on various tasks such as, Learning Matrix. having to decide what positions require certain minimum safety requirements. I also planned the biggest turnaround we had ..arranged the venue, booklets, lunch for the workers I also created a monthly newsletter with what is in the Husky news and what we have coming up. I actually created a daily update during the turn a round; I would update the work that is being done. I created a Contractor Spotlight and would put them in the newsletter as a thank you for their hard work.

Stressful, political, old boys club, hire friends whether qualified or not

Originally a wonderful experience, then management changed & got really top heavy with agendas, politics, and introduction of friend hiring. Favortism, old boys, cost of living for management only, unqualified supervision/management for positions but didn't matter - they got the job anyway. Stressful days unless you joined the "group". Workplace "culture" was all talk for show while management behaved badly with impunity. Workload was completely unrealistic but request for assistance fell on deaf ears. I would not recommend Husky Energy as an employer unless you are friends with management - then it's a cake walk.

Not very busy but friendly co workers

Worked alone alot. It was very slow and that made for long days. Very easy job and very relaxed. Owner was awesome and treated everyone very well. Can be lots of work when you do work with others.

It is a high stress environment with poor management

The best part about working at husky was my regular customers, They are loyal clientele whom of which appreciated and often acknowledged our hard work, complimented how clean our station was, and loved that we would remember faces and preemptively would get their usual purchases ready for them when we saw them pull up I will miss my customers and my coworkers, but the management made it it all not worth the trouble in the end.

Challenging and fair work environment.

I was proud to be contracted by such a prominent oilfield company. They have an impeccable safety culture which is something I strive for. A typical day at work consisted of meeting with crews, safety meeting, JSA's and going over policies ans procedures. Then following programs to safely complete jobs in a timely fashion. Management was great to work with and fair at all times. There was always a strong line of communication with Management and Engineers to safely complete jobs in a timely and cost efficient manner.

Working culture at Husky is outdated

The management style at Husky starts at the top with the board of directors who are remote entities operating out of Hong Kong. They are strictly focused on the bottom line, stock prices and cash flow. The local corporate managers, CEO's, directors are entirely beholden to their masters and although they pay lip service to concepts of fairness, diversity and inclusion, aboriginal affairs and environment, their hands are tied in order to meet the requirements of their overlords. 'Hands tied' in the sense of the few at the top being paid enormous sums in order to maintain the status quo. Overall, not a very humanistic or positive work environment.

Stressful place to work.

The typical day starts with a daily huddle to see who did what yesterday and if you did not accomplish what you said that you would you better have a good reason.

Husky Gas Station experience

Husky Pump is best place where I worked as its not too much stressful. I had learned how to deal with customers and make them smile by my good efforts towards them. Management is awesome and helpful. There was no such hard time for me it was always the best time for me.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

fast paced environmenty

worked in a fast paced environment, build good confidence with customer service, learnt about different people and their culture, team work, well organized stores

Very productive and learning atmosphere.

Very productive and relaxed atmosphere with room for growth both personal and professional.Courses were offered at regular intervals both in house and contract. Professional designation was required for most positions and there was always a lot of learning to be done in a very dynamic atmosphere with ever changing industry and government regularions, deadlines etc.

Great Place to Work

The management at Husky are very good. They treat their employees well. The overall work culture is collabrative and relaxed. I really enjoyed my time there (on contract).

Pros

Good management

Productive and supportive group

The Commissioning group can be very demanding for time and schedule, but the pay rate made it worthwhile. When i started with this group the management were a lot more team orientated, but as the group expanded it became more of a structural management pyramid instead of a team.

Not a People's Company

Only two leaders in the organization have been consistent with their proper approach to the company, CEO and SVP HO&OS , they look like excellent managers that anyone wants to works with them. Some managers don't have experience handling people nor technical experience but they are managers because they are friends with somebody in leadership If you want to succeed in Husky, you need to be friend or share coffee with leadership. Corporate offices people spend all their time walking around +15 and drinking coffee at Starbuck. Areas of the company are silos working on their own without following company structure. Corporate initiatives to the areas are some times not well planned and waste time to implement and areas are taking the approach to close the door to any initiatives (good or bad) coming from corporate Major Organizational changes are done every year with the excuse of improving the organization, this cause that people live unease because they don't have job security

Short term contract for vacation relief.

I had great deal of management assistance to complete the short term contract was an excellent experience and helped me to show my availability in the field.

Fast paced, good work environment

Best part of the job was the people that I worked with every day. They were alot of fun to work with but unfortunately the oilfield is a very tough area of work these days.

Cons

Long hours, no job security

Terrific company to work for!

I would highly recommend working for Husky Energy. They are a very professional organization with positive workplace culture. Employee compensation and benefits are excellent.

Good Company to work for

Great team environment, fast paced project work. Process driven with a strong focus on Health and Safety Management Systems. Committed to developing a strong safety culture.

boring but relaxed and pretty stable for work load

its not a bad place to work only issue is they do not quite pay you enough to make a living which in todays time is difficult. the people were friendly where i worked and treated you right as well

Good leadership

In good times company is wiling to train and educate its people. New culture focus is on safety, reliability and accountability although still very reactive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement