Husky Energy

Husky Energy Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.8Pay & benefits

Great company with loads of safety issues.

Great company to work for. Met great people and nice working environment. The company had several safety issues and some not so good decisions that caused it to fizzle out. Decisions about asset disposition should have been better reviewed. Perhaps disposing a few of them when barrel price was up should have been better. Operations could have been better managed.

Pros

Lots of experienced people, opportunity to grow, technical career ladder, fair compensation, long term employee incentives, health and dental care coverage.

Cons

Multiple reporting layer, there seems to bee some elements of favoritism, not as transparent as one may think, lots of stuffs go on underground.

Co-workers are friendly and work place environments are really fantastic.

My first day of work was June 14, 2010, as a cashier. I did not have any knowledge about the Cash counting job and also did not any knowledge about the cash register. Our Manager taught us how to use a cash register and a credit/debit card. She also taught us how to fill up the cooler and display our inventory on the shelves. I also learned from her about 4P(Price, Product, Promotion and Place). She told me that the 4ps is the most important element for marketing. Our co-worker was friendly and helpful. Any types of problem, they helped me a lot. The hardest part of the job was how to handle the customer. Our Manager told us that our five fingers are not the same. So all customers are not the same. Customers' satisfaction is the enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Any holiday our salary 1.5 times.Free Coffee, Slush and also year end gift, I Really enjoy people and all different walks of life

Cons

Always working under pressure, I may also be required to lift and carry heavy boxes in the course of duties, Difficult customers, Long hours, Monotonous task and Low pay.

The best place I ever worked

I was a wrench pulling field maintenance worker, changing vales one day and gathering garbage the next. The next thing I know, I was asked to meet with the maintenance supervisor for a job opportunity because I knew my way around a computer and was fairly knowledgeable with windows software and Microsoft office. I had an informal interview with my supervisor and was asked if I would consider taking the position of maintenance planner because of the recommendations of some of my co-workers. I was given a short probation period to see if I could make the cut, in which I surpassed their expectations. A substantial pay raise was given and I had my own office, I was on my way to a new career and further advancement within Husky.

Pros

Excellent pay, Benefits, work atmosphere and culture, made to feel like you are wanted and important

Cons

There arn't any.

Productive fun workspace

I enjoy the relax environment at Husky and the benefits and salary were some of the best i have experienced as a women in the business administration workforce.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

I was only Temporary therefore no position to return to after my maternity leave

Good benefits but poor work culture

It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.

Pros

Great benefits and salary package

Cons

Poor work culture

Great place to work and learn

Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.

Not very busy but friendly co workers

Worked alone alot. It was very slow and that made for long days. Very easy job and very relaxed. Owner was awesome and treated everyone very well. Can be lots of work when you do work with others.

Productive and supportive group

The Commissioning group can be very demanding for time and schedule, but the pay rate made it worthwhile. When i started with this group the management were a lot more team orientated, but as the group expanded it became more of a structural management pyramid instead of a team.

Fast paced, good work environment

Best part of the job was the people that I worked with every day. They were alot of fun to work with but unfortunately the oilfield is a very tough area of work these days.

Cons

Long hours, no job security

Terrific company to work for!

I would highly recommend working for Husky Energy. They are a very professional organization with positive workplace culture. Employee compensation and benefits are excellent.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Excellent place to work

Husky is an absolutely fantastic place to work. The company strives to keep their employees safe. They have a very competitive salary, great benefits, employee discounts for auto, electronic, and several other purchases at retail outlets. Honestly can say was a sad day when our area announced they were for sale. Best outfit i have ever worked for.

Pros

Everything is exceptional

Cons

Opportunities to advance in your position do not arise once you have hit a certain level

Horrible

They can't keep anyone in this role as the other girl you work with will have you fired if she feels threatened...and she did this with everyone. The pay was $2 over minimum wage...couldn't survive without take a second job. Wouldn't work there again as long as that girl is there and certainly not for such a low wage.

Great pay & benefits, horrible management

Husky offers excellent compensation and benefits, however the culture isn't what it used to be. The culture now is one of cliques and jealousy, with management playing favourites. Bullying is not only tolerated, in many cases it's encouraged. I was laid off for standing up to a bully manager (not my direct manager, but one in my department). My manager sided with the bully. I was laid off within 2 weeks of being bullied and reporting it. These days, my former coworkers that are still employed there tell me the company is selling off assets and will be folding or be acquired by a larger company soon. The future is bleak at Husky. Do NOT work there.

A good place to work.

Work at Husky was diverse and challenging. Weekend on-call was required which was compensated for. Work hours were flexible and compensate was fair.

Worked for Husky Energy for many years and enjoyed every minute of it. I worked my way up from an inexperienced operator to the Sr. superintendent job managing all of the field team. Husky allowed me grow my career and develop with technical and leadership courses. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would.

Pros

Good Salary

Cons

would have liked to work there longer but my job was completed

Exciting and Stressfull

Husky is a great place to work as long as you can manage the stress caused by such uncertainty in your position and the ever changing LRP. The culture is such that they do not promote from within unless you have politically patronized the right people. There are many people there that do not do much work but they have a relationship outside of work with their boss and as such always make it through (usually with a promotion) any re-org or significant change. This holds true for both employees and field consultants. The salary and benefits are very good and most of the people are great to work with as well. They are also very good a promoting great teamwork by having multi-functional teams work on projects.

Poor work environment, no chance at advancement.

Typical day was routine to say the least. Learned in the first years, very little later on. Management wasn't properly trained to manage the employees. Workplace was hostile. hardest part of the job was staying motivated. most enjoyable part of work was pay and benefits.

Great Job

Working as a chem lab technician was an amazing opportunity and I am very grateful. The culture at work was unmatched and set a very high bar for future employers.

Pros

Ot, Long Hours, free living

Great Place to work

Very generous company to work for Good benefits and hours of work. Other training is provided within the company in order to grow professionally. Lots of opportunity for growth.

Fast paced environment with minimal pressure at the same time expected to know your role! Safety is a primary goal also strive positively to environm

Worked on the Husky sunrise project although being a camp job fly in/out Husky did their part to make the experience as good as possible! Really enjoyed working there as a construction coordinator! Love to have another opportunity as such in the future, ty!

Pros

Salary, provided truck and fuel card, flexible shift and mostly I felt respected!

Cons

Away from family although the sacrifice was worth it

Was a good company

Husky was good Company, 750 people lost their jobs when Husky reacted to the 2015 downturn They sold off a bunch of assets and consolidated others. Unfortunately they outsourced IT at the same time. Just when you would expect a Great Company to step up and be a Canadian Icon they sent jobs away which contributed to the down turn of the Canadian Economy.

Pros

Good Benefits

Cons

Lying Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Husky Energy with

• Husky Energy
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?