Husky Energy

Husky Energy Pay & benefits reviews

Canada518 reviews
It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.
Pros
Great benefits and salary package
Cons
Poor work culture
I enjoy the relax environment at Husky and the benefits and salary were some of the best i have experienced as a women in the business administration workforce.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
I was only Temporary therefore no position to return to after my maternity leave
Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.
Worked alone alot. It was very slow and that made for long days. Very easy job and very relaxed. Owner was awesome and treated everyone very well. Can be lots of work when you do work with others.
The Commissioning group can be very demanding for time and schedule, but the pay rate made it worthwhile.
When i started with this group the management were a lot more team orientated, but as the group expanded it became more of a structural management pyramid instead of a team.
Best part of the job was the people that I worked with every day. They were alot of fun to work with but unfortunately the oilfield is a very tough area of work these days.
Cons
Long hours, no job security
I would highly recommend working for Husky Energy. They are a very professional organization with positive workplace culture. Employee compensation and benefits are excellent.
Husky is an absolutely fantastic place to work. The company strives to keep their employees safe. They have a very competitive salary, great benefits, employee discounts for auto, electronic, and several other purchases at retail outlets. Honestly can say was a sad day when our area announced they were for sale. Best outfit i have ever worked for.
Pros
Everything is exceptional
Cons
Opportunities to advance in your position do not arise once you have hit a certain level
They can't keep anyone in this role as the other girl you work with will have you fired if she feels threatened...and she did this with everyone. The pay was $2 over minimum wage...couldn't survive without take a second job. Wouldn't work there again as long as that girl is there and certainly not for such a low wage.
Husky offers excellent compensation and benefits, however the culture isn't what it used to be.

The culture now is one of cliques and jealousy, with management playing favourites. Bullying is not only tolerated, in many cases it's encouraged. I was laid off for standing up to a bully manager (not my direct manager, but one in my department). My manager sided with the bully. I was laid off within 2 weeks of being bullied and reporting it.

These days, my former coworkers that are still employed there tell me the company is selling off assets and will be folding or be acquired by a larger company soon. The future is bleak at Husky. Do NOT work there.
Work at Husky was diverse and challenging. Weekend on-call was required which was compensated for. Work hours were flexible and compensate was fair.
Worked for Husky Energy for many years and enjoyed every minute of it. I worked my way up from an inexperienced operator to the Sr. superintendent job managing all of the field team. Husky allowed me grow my career and develop with technical and leadership courses. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
would have liked to work there longer but my job was completed
Husky is a great place to work as long as you can manage the stress caused by such uncertainty in your position and the ever changing LRP.
The culture is such that they do not promote from within unless you have politically patronized the right people. There are many people there that do not do much work but they have a relationship outside of work with their boss and as such always make it through (usually with a promotion) any re-org or significant change. This holds true for both employees and field consultants.

The salary and benefits are very good and most of the people are great to work with as well.
They are also very good a promoting great teamwork by having multi-functional teams work on projects.
Typical day was routine to say the least.
Learned in the first years, very little later on.

Management wasn't properly trained to manage the employees.

Workplace was hostile.

hardest part of the job was staying motivated.

most enjoyable part of work was pay and benefits.
Working as a chem lab technician was an amazing opportunity and I am very grateful. The culture at work was unmatched and set a very high bar for future employers.
Pros
Ot, Long Hours, free living
Very generous company to work for Good benefits and hours of work. Other training is provided within the company in order to grow professionally. Lots of opportunity for growth.
Worked on the Husky sunrise project although being a camp job fly in/out Husky did their part to make the experience as good as possible! Really enjoyed working there as a construction coordinator! Love to have another opportunity as such in the future, ty!
Pros
Salary, provided truck and fuel card, flexible shift and mostly I felt respected!
Cons
Away from family although the sacrifice was worth it
Husky was good Company,
750 people lost their jobs when Husky reacted to the 2015 downturn

They sold off a bunch of assets and consolidated others.

Unfortunately they outsourced IT at the same time.

Just when you would expect a Great Company to step up and be a Canadian Icon they sent jobs away which contributed to the down turn of the Canadian Economy.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Lying Management
Lack of vision and leadership from senior management. Not open to innovation and change; stuck in legacy processes. They don’t walk the talk. Safety culture non-existent. HR is the worst I hv seen in my 40 years of working life. First choice for cost savings is job cuts and these are done under the radar. Promotions and career moves forget it unless you are outspoken or perform poorly or fan somebody ego
Pros
Pay and benefits industry median
Cons
Poor management style Job insecurity
This is a very good place to work. There is a reason people have stayed at this location for 20 tp 40 years. The people are great, pay and benefits are good as well
I loved working for husky, it was my practicum so i didn't receive pay or benefits but i very much enjoyed my 240 hours out there and would definitely like to work there in my near future if the opportunity arises.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.