Husky Energy

Husky Energy Management reviews

Clear

Husky Energy is a good Company to work for.

It was a good Company until the upper management try to make it work like an European company, they couldn't adjust to North American way to be.

Pros

Cons

No offices, just cubicules

OMG i cang believe i lasted that long

This is a difficult place to work as the goals are constantly changing. There really is only way to survive. Arrive do your job and do not think your input matters. So many meetings and rules and finger pointing when things go wrong. You are just a number creative problem solving is left to further up the structure.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Way to many bosses buddy favorites

You can learn a lot

It is a place where you can learn a lot. People are respectful but there are many politics among management and capital is restricted. Peers can be very helpful and friendly and you can make long lasting friendships with some of your peers. Difficult to get promoted and not too much transparency between the team and the management so it makes it difficult to achieve your goals.

Brutal

ToxicBackstabbing All they want to hear is yes,they don’t want opinions other than the ones management has. They preach work life balance, in reality they want employees to be at their beck and call 24/7.

Pros

Cons

Just being there

Enjoyable and Inclusive work place

Good for learning and applying your skills. Management is overall supportive. Instability in Oil and Gas market makes it difficult to survive for company and employees, but company is trying to work out better for employees.

Pros

Matured Supply Chain Organization

Cons

Process driven at times makes it difficult to work things not warranted.

Productive and fun workplace

Most of my colleagues are helpful and we work as a teamGood management Great/awesome ownerEasy and enjoyable while doing the tasksEverything is manageable

nice to work

Multi-talented consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements. Experience in policy development and staff management procedures positively impacting overall morale and productivity.

Stressful, political, old boys club, hire friends whether qualified or not

Originally a wonderful experience, then management changed & got really top heavy with agendas, politics, and introduction of friend hiring. Favortism, old boys, cost of living for management only, unqualified supervision/management for positions but didn't matter - they got the job anyway. Stressful days unless you joined the "group". Workplace "culture" was all talk for show while management behaved badly with impunity. Workload was completely unrealistic but request for assistance fell on deaf ears. I would not recommend Husky Energy as an employer unless you are friends with management - then it's a cake walk.

It is a high stress environment with poor management

The best part about working at husky was my regular customers, They are loyal clientele whom of which appreciated and often acknowledged our hard work, complimented how clean our station was, and loved that we would remember faces and preemptively would get their usual purchases ready for them when we saw them pull up I will miss my customers and my coworkers, but the management made it it all not worth the trouble in the end.

Challenging and fair work environment.

I was proud to be contracted by such a prominent oilfield company. They have an impeccable safety culture which is something I strive for. A typical day at work consisted of meeting with crews, safety meeting, JSA's and going over policies ans procedures. Then following programs to safely complete jobs in a timely fashion. Management was great to work with and fair at all times. There was always a strong line of communication with Management and Engineers to safely complete jobs in a timely and cost efficient manner.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Working culture at Husky is outdated

The management style at Husky starts at the top with the board of directors who are remote entities operating out of Hong Kong. They are strictly focused on the bottom line, stock prices and cash flow. The local corporate managers, CEO's, directors are entirely beholden to their masters and although they pay lip service to concepts of fairness, diversity and inclusion, aboriginal affairs and environment, their hands are tied in order to meet the requirements of their overlords. 'Hands tied' in the sense of the few at the top being paid enormous sums in order to maintain the status quo. Overall, not a very humanistic or positive work environment.

Husky Gas Station experience

Husky Pump is best place where I worked as its not too much stressful. I had learned how to deal with customers and make them smile by my good efforts towards them. Management is awesome and helpful. There was no such hard time for me it was always the best time for me.

Great Place to Work

The management at Husky are very good. They treat their employees well. The overall work culture is collabrative and relaxed. I really enjoyed my time there (on contract).

Pros

Good management

Productive and supportive group

The Commissioning group can be very demanding for time and schedule, but the pay rate made it worthwhile. When i started with this group the management were a lot more team orientated, but as the group expanded it became more of a structural management pyramid instead of a team.

Not a People's Company

Only two leaders in the organization have been consistent with their proper approach to the company, CEO and SVP HO&OS , they look like excellent managers that anyone wants to works with them. Some managers don't have experience handling people nor technical experience but they are managers because they are friends with somebody in leadership If you want to succeed in Husky, you need to be friend or share coffee with leadership. Corporate offices people spend all their time walking around +15 and drinking coffee at Starbuck. Areas of the company are silos working on their own without following company structure. Corporate initiatives to the areas are some times not well planned and waste time to implement and areas are taking the approach to close the door to any initiatives (good or bad) coming from corporate Major Organizational changes are done every year with the excuse of improving the organization, this cause that people live unease because they don't have job security

Short term contract for vacation relief.

I had great deal of management assistance to complete the short term contract was an excellent experience and helped me to show my availability in the field.

Good Company to work for

Great team environment, fast paced project work. Process driven with a strong focus on Health and Safety Management Systems. Committed to developing a strong safety culture.

Bad Management

Terrible management. Budget cuts mean worker cuts Contractors constantly having to take pay cuts. You must develop a culture of saying yes or you will be the first on the exit list. HR ignored complaints made by workers about poor management.

Productive environment with great people

Collaborative meetings and discussions with team members. Many challenging and up tempo projects that need to be completed with strict deadlines. Management had an open door policy so many people felt comfortable working together.

Stereotypical old boys club

There are more levels of “management” than there are in a wedding cake. Yes men have a hard time advancing, but if you’re a yes woman or yes visible minority, then welcome to the gravy train. Third world applicants will fair well as corruption seems to be the main flavour with this company. No one person gets rich by being honest. This company is so big and the management is so bad, it eats itself from the bottom up, in a top heavy structure.

Good work environment

I worked on the west white project, the project was engineered good and made it easier on the employee to do there job. management was good and co-workers were too. worst part of the job for me was my pay was wrong every week which made it frustrating

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement