Husky Energy

Husky Energy Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Great company with loads of safety issues.

Great company to work for. Met great people and nice working environment. The company had several safety issues and some not so good decisions that caused it to fizzle out. Decisions about asset disposition should have been better reviewed. Perhaps disposing a few of them when barrel price was up should have been better. Operations could have been better managed.

Pros

Lots of experienced people, opportunity to grow, technical career ladder, fair compensation, long term employee incentives, health and dental care coverage.

Cons

Multiple reporting layer, there seems to bee some elements of favoritism, not as transparent as one may think, lots of stuffs go on underground.

Enjoyable and Inclusive work place

Good for learning and applying your skills. Management is overall supportive. Instability in Oil and Gas market makes it difficult to survive for company and employees, but company is trying to work out better for employees.

Pros

Matured Supply Chain Organization

Cons

Process driven at times makes it difficult to work things not warranted.

Co-workers are friendly and work place environments are really fantastic.

My first day of work was June 14, 2010, as a cashier. I did not have any knowledge about the Cash counting job and also did not any knowledge about the cash register. Our Manager taught us how to use a cash register and a credit/debit card. She also taught us how to fill up the cooler and display our inventory on the shelves. I also learned from her about 4P(Price, Product, Promotion and Place). She told me that the 4ps is the most important element for marketing. Our co-worker was friendly and helpful. Any types of problem, they helped me a lot. The hardest part of the job was how to handle the customer. Our Manager told us that our five fingers are not the same. So all customers are not the same. Customers' satisfaction is the enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Any holiday our salary 1.5 times.Free Coffee, Slush and also year end gift, I Really enjoy people and all different walks of life

Cons

Always working under pressure, I may also be required to lift and carry heavy boxes in the course of duties, Difficult customers, Long hours, Monotonous task and Low pay.

Great Company to be apart of

Husky is a great company that offers plenty of room to grow. I have been working with them for the past 5+ years and have enjoyed my time here. Id recommend working here.

The best place I ever worked

I was a wrench pulling field maintenance worker, changing vales one day and gathering garbage the next. The next thing I know, I was asked to meet with the maintenance supervisor for a job opportunity because I knew my way around a computer and was fairly knowledgeable with windows software and Microsoft office. I had an informal interview with my supervisor and was asked if I would consider taking the position of maintenance planner because of the recommendations of some of my co-workers. I was given a short probation period to see if I could make the cut, in which I surpassed their expectations. A substantial pay raise was given and I had my own office, I was on my way to a new career and further advancement within Husky.

Pros

Excellent pay, Benefits, work atmosphere and culture, made to feel like you are wanted and important

Cons

There arn't any.

It was good worked at Husky

Husky is a good company to work for. Unfortunately I got lat off back in April, if I have the chance I will be back working with Husky, I really like what I did there

Productive fun workspace

I enjoy the relax environment at Husky and the benefits and salary were some of the best i have experienced as a women in the business administration workforce.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

I was only Temporary therefore no position to return to after my maternity leave

Good benefits but poor work culture

It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.

Pros

Great benefits and salary package

Cons

Poor work culture

Contractors vs Employee

Contract workers are not recognized for the work they do. Even though the company speaks on diversity - they should also include Contract Workers as part of "Diversity" as they are not treated equally.

Interesting place to work

As with any large company it has it's pro and cons to the work environment. Some very good people work there that make it enjoyable. Interesting projects with a diverse asset base.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Great place to work and learn

Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.

Very productive and learning atmosphere.

Very productive and relaxed atmosphere with room for growth both personal and professional.Courses were offered at regular intervals both in house and contract. Professional designation was required for most positions and there was always a lot of learning to be done in a very dynamic atmosphere with ever changing industry and government regularions, deadlines etc.

Not a People's Company

Only two leaders in the organization have been consistent with their proper approach to the company, CEO and SVP HO&OS , they look like excellent managers that anyone wants to works with them. Some managers don't have experience handling people nor technical experience but they are managers because they are friends with somebody in leadership If you want to succeed in Husky, you need to be friend or share coffee with leadership. Corporate offices people spend all their time walking around +15 and drinking coffee at Starbuck. Areas of the company are silos working on their own without following company structure. Corporate initiatives to the areas are some times not well planned and waste time to implement and areas are taking the approach to close the door to any initiatives (good or bad) coming from corporate Major Organizational changes are done every year with the excuse of improving the organization, this cause that people live unease because they don't have job security

Short term contract for vacation relief.

I had great deal of management assistance to complete the short term contract was an excellent experience and helped me to show my availability in the field.

Fast paced, good work environment

Best part of the job was the people that I worked with every day. They were alot of fun to work with but unfortunately the oilfield is a very tough area of work these days.

Cons

Long hours, no job security

Terrific company to work for!

I would highly recommend working for Husky Energy. They are a very professional organization with positive workplace culture. Employee compensation and benefits are excellent.

Good leadership

In good times company is wiling to train and educate its people. New culture focus is on safety, reliability and accountability although still very reactive.

Great company to work with

I've worked with the integrity group at Husky as a contractor for a little over 2 years now and I am very happy to say I have enjoyed it thoroughly. All those I've worked or interacted with are very knowledgeable and act in a very professional manner. I would recommend Husky to anyone looking for a career in our industry.

Fast paced, multi tasking, travel, computer proficient

Great company/group to be a part of. Lots of diverse opportunities all over Western Canada. Worked in multiple disciplines. Great culture and family orientated.

Overall good company to work for. Supportive management staff

It has been good 6 years with the company. They present a good internal moving program to help young engineers try different department before settling into a role.

Good working environment

I am a contract employee so I do not get to take full advantage of what Husky has to offer its employees. However, it has been a good working environment and they treat employees well with lots of room for growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement