Husky Energy
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Husky Energy Culture reviews

Clear

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

You can learn a lot

It is a place where you can learn a lot. People are respectful but there are many politics among management and capital is restricted. Peers can be very helpful and friendly and you can make long lasting friendships with some of your peers. Difficult to get promoted and not too much transparency between the team and the management so it makes it difficult to achieve your goals.

Productive and fun workplace

Most of my colleagues are helpful and we work as a teamGood management Great/awesome ownerEasy and enjoyable while doing the tasksEverything is manageable

productive and healthy work environment

I love working at Husky. I have an amazing boss along with staff that are amazing to work with and always make everyone feel welcome. A healthy and happy environment. Also, a clean and sanitary environment

The best place I ever worked

I was a wrench pulling field maintenance worker, changing vales one day and gathering garbage the next. The next thing I know, I was asked to meet with the maintenance supervisor for a job opportunity because I knew my way around a computer and was fairly knowledgeable with windows software and Microsoft office. I had an informal interview with my supervisor and was asked if I would consider taking the position of maintenance planner because of the recommendations of some of my co-workers. I was given a short probation period to see if I could make the cut, in which I surpassed their expectations. A substantial pay raise was given and I had my own office, I was on my way to a new career and further advancement within Husky.

Pros

Excellent pay, Benefits, work atmosphere and culture, made to feel like you are wanted and important

Cons

There arn't any.

Working at Husky Slave Lake District was a great experience Great people it was just like one big family , it was by far the best place that I have worked

Pros

Family came first

Cons

Shut down the field

Good benefits but poor work culture

It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.

Pros

Great benefits and salary package

Cons

Poor work culture

Productive and busy

Good place to work, nice camp and the travel accommodations were good. The company built a world class SAGD operation and treats the employees good. The pay is competitive.

Great place to work and learn

Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.

Stressful, political, old boys club, hire friends whether qualified or not

Originally a wonderful experience, then management changed & got really top heavy with agendas, politics, and introduction of friend hiring. Favortism, old boys, cost of living for management only, unqualified supervision/management for positions but didn't matter - they got the job anyway. Stressful days unless you joined the "group". Workplace "culture" was all talk for show while management behaved badly with impunity. Workload was completely unrealistic but request for assistance fell on deaf ears. I would not recommend Husky Energy as an employer unless you are friends with management - then it's a cake walk.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

Challenging and fair work environment.

I was proud to be contracted by such a prominent oilfield company. They have an impeccable safety culture which is something I strive for. A typical day at work consisted of meeting with crews, safety meeting, JSA's and going over policies ans procedures. Then following programs to safely complete jobs in a timely fashion. Management was great to work with and fair at all times. There was always a strong line of communication with Management and Engineers to safely complete jobs in a timely and cost efficient manner.

Husky Gas Station experience

Husky Pump is best place where I worked as its not too much stressful. I had learned how to deal with customers and make them smile by my good efforts towards them. Management is awesome and helpful. There was no such hard time for me it was always the best time for me.

fast paced environmenty

worked in a fast paced environment, build good confidence with customer service, learnt about different people and their culture, team work, well organized stores

Great Place to Work

The management at Husky are very good. They treat their employees well. The overall work culture is collabrative and relaxed. I really enjoyed my time there (on contract).

Pros

Good management

Productive and supportive group

The Commissioning group can be very demanding for time and schedule, but the pay rate made it worthwhile. When i started with this group the management were a lot more team orientated, but as the group expanded it became more of a structural management pyramid instead of a team.

Terrific company to work for!

I would highly recommend working for Husky Energy. They are a very professional organization with positive workplace culture. Employee compensation and benefits are excellent.

Good Company to work for

Great team environment, fast paced project work. Process driven with a strong focus on Health and Safety Management Systems. Committed to developing a strong safety culture.

Good leadership

In good times company is wiling to train and educate its people. New culture focus is on safety, reliability and accountability although still very reactive.

Bad Management

Terrible management. Budget cuts mean worker cuts Contractors constantly having to take pay cuts. You must develop a culture of saying yes or you will be the first on the exit list. HR ignored complaints made by workers about poor management.

Fast paced, multi tasking, travel, computer proficient

Great company/group to be a part of. Lots of diverse opportunities all over Western Canada. Worked in multiple disciplines. Great culture and family orientated.

It was an amazing place to work and the people are so helpful that it will help any individual to learn and grow. My supervisor always encourage me to ask him questions,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Husky Energy with

• Husky Energy
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?