Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews for Plant Operator

Husk was not a bad experience.

Husky was not totally a bad experience. It really was no different than any other company I've worked for. Their commitment to safety was their number one goal as it should be but I felt it was a little too much. Husky's HSE program is not consistent company wide. have different

Great Company

Good Employer and Great Company to work for for enjoyed my time with Husky. Geat work for someone raising a young family. Good opportunity would recommend.

Company looked after its emplyees very well even with the slowing oil and gas economy.

-Worked 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off in a remote one man camp setting. -Fly in- fly out in the summer, drove in to camp in the winter. -Did a lot of troubleshooting and maintenance on my own as it was uneconomical to fly in a mechanic or technician. -Took care of the contractors and company personnel that would stay in camp to complete scheduled preventative maintenance duties ( eg. cook, clean, scheduling tasks, hazard assessments, work permitting, etc ). -Foreman and lead hand were always helpful and available to assist over the phone, same with most contractor technicians.

Pros

Fair wages and benfits.

Cons

Due to where my work was located, there was very little room for advancement.

Fun and Challeging Workplace

Although I was only with the company for a short time,I enjoyed the overall great work culture Husky's employees bring to the workplace. Its an organization that allows advancement with higher career opportunities to move up quick if you are so inclined. The mentors and steam leads are helpful in aiding in achievement of personal, short and long-term goals. Overall I think it's an exceptional organization to be associated with.

Pros

Rotating shifts that allow traveling on days off

Cons

long commute to site (situtational)

Poor Management

Found the management disengaged from the day to day operations...also did not take the time and effort to make the plant operations the best that it could be.

Great company to work for

Bonuses and and wages were lower than some other oil companies but I loved it. Guaranteed cost of living raise every year and double time for all OT. ;)

Pros

Enjoy the job

Cons

It's Chinese owned

great job, great pay, great management, great extras

I don't have anything bad to say about Husky, great company and I would recommend them to anyone. They have an open progression system up to a certain point for advancement.

Decent company to work for

Worked for this company for 2 years on a project plant, Large slow moving company with a large surplus of people. The equiptment I worked with was all brand new so that was awesome

Pros

New equiptment

Cons

Paper heavy, extremely safety conscious, painfully slow operations

Good job

Good company to work for. Good job security and my boss cares about his employees. Compensation isn't at the top of the charts but reasonable for not working up north.

Husky Energy is the best employer I have ever had

Very good work and safety culture. I have worked at Husky for almost 10 years and have always found them to be a fair and considerate employer, I would recomend them to anyone.

Jobs at Husky Energy

Plant Operator positions
See more jobs

Heavy oil extration

Long hours of work per day; 12 hours a day with about 2 hours travelling time on top of regular work hours. I learned how to operate various computer controls in order to operate the heavy oil thermal extraction. The job can be lonely and long because of extended hours for 7 days straight, then 4 days off to catch up on sleep and switch from day to night shift work. Switching shifts is hard on one's body and health but all co-workers were extremely understanding and helpful where and when needed; you're never alone.

Pros

great wage and benefits

Cons

long hours and days; swing shift from day to night and vise versa hard on the body and mind

all good,learnt a lot in this position

Good company. people were nice and helpful enjoyed the time.

Decent work environment, gets boring after 3 years

The night shifts prove to be pretty boring, best used for studying for ABSA's or learning a new skill on you-tube. Try not to get suckered into doing Husky courses over getting your ABSA tickets. Most of your coworkers will be great easy going people, you're certain to find things you have in common, and you should because you'll be spending a lot of time together.

Pros

Easy going plant

Cons

Theres at least one questionable manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement