Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews for Operator

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

It was good worked at Husky

Husky is a good company to work for. Unfortunately I got lat off back in April, if I have the chance I will be back working with Husky, I really like what I did there

Productive and busy

Good place to work, nice camp and the travel accommodations were good. The company built a world class SAGD operation and treats the employees good. The pay is competitive.

Great employees,

Working for Husky was a great experience. That's all I have to say. Who is looking this review. Is this going to be seen at the Husky office in Calgary

worked there for my practicum as an Operator

I loved working for husky, it was my practicum so i didn't receive pay or benefits but i very much enjoyed my 240 hours out there and would definitely like to work there in my near future if the opportunity arises.

Great Place to work.

The crew is friendly and grows to become like a big family only after a short while. Great work environment for persons with the appropriate qualifications.

Great company

Loved working there, employees were looked after well. Limit to advancement however as average age of management is 40's. I would recommend working there.

Pros

Team environment

Cons

On call

good company to work for

Had a great time working for Husky at the Haig plant,was a fly in job,lots of experience in operating wells and plants,tested wells with argos had a great camp to live there worked a 15 day in 13 day out shift 10 hr days,lots of quading to wells and other plant sites

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

Very good company to work for

I had no real problems to complain about They were fair in all aspects that a work place should be. The reason I left and to work on my own was my decision because I was unsure if I had a job or not.

Pros

Supplied what I needed to get work done at the work place

Cons

Can't say anything really

Hard working and easy going, work very well with others.

Enjoy working with others and put my best foot forward every day, I am a very loyal and conscientious worker. I am quick to learn new tasks and show up each day punctually and with a smile on my face.

Pros

Very hard dedicated worker.

Cons

Temporary work.

Jobs at Husky Energy

Operator positions
See more jobs

It was a great place to work.

Economic downturn was hard on a lot of people myself included. I enjoyed working for Husky over all. I learned quite a bit and appreciated the opportunity.

A very challanging company to work with

It's overall a challenging industry to be involved. There are many requirement to meet and many deadlines to reach. however it can be rewarding when at the end of the day, you feel proud of achieving the targets and have had a day where you have met with your customers needs and wants, where at times it can be very difficult.

Pros

Being your own boss

Cons

Do not make sufficent income at the end of the day.

Sad state of affairs

These comments were obviously left by the management types at Husky, the truth is every 3 years all the seniors are shuffled so that any promises made as far as wage increases or level advancement goes with them. In most cases people who become seniors, not for work ethic or knowledge, but ability to lie and con the dinosaurs they call "co-ordinators". Most of Husky's upper echelon is 20 years past optimum retirement age and their poor decisions and antique methods are laughable. Time for Husky to look at youth for direction because the dementia laden squids they have at the top will be their undoing. Great place to work as a last resort before the soup kitchen.

Pros

3 hours a day 10 hours pay

Cons

not enough space to list them all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement