Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Productive work place

To work with Husky is good start as i am new to Canada. I serve the customers by providing them best customer service. i manage cash register. i make the store clean. i am enjoying working at Husky But i want to move to technical field as i have good technical knowledge.

Husky is a good place to work for specially if you're looking for any non-skilled part time job

I joined husky convenience store as a CSR for doing part time job and I do really enjoy it but it's not any skilled job or regarding to any study that we have done in school. Working culture is so fast paced and serving every customer rightly is very important. I've learned many skills from there such as communication, time management, problem solving capability and ordering stuffs

a typical day at work

Maintain store and handle cash counter. follow all duties to clean store and gas station. need to stock and merchandise store. fill gas on full serve gas stations.

Very Productive work day, little rest

Preparing your appearance and put on your uniform. Personally handle all customer transactions, this was a full serve site. Be ready to handle any emergency situation. Car washes were a hybrid of hand done and automation. I learned how to separate customer service and interpersonal socializing. I learned not to take certain remarks personally. I learned the appropriate way to handle emergency situations. I can socialize with anybody now, despite being reserved and shy. The management frequently changed hands. I respect the effort they put in, but I often found myself managing myself and my concerns on my own. The workplace culture was great in the beginning. I was truly happy for once in a job. I made new friends. However, I felt I stayed too long. It began to deteriorate over time. The long term employees, including myself, were given preferential treatment despite several deficiencies in their character, health, and work ethic. The hardest part of the job is during the winter car wash season. It is cold and wet. Customers will come non-stop, very little time is given for breaks/lunch if any at all. Often times you can have 4 to 5 employees working at the same time, and still find very little time to catch your breath. The most enjoyable part is the laid back spring and summer season. There are less customers, giving you more of an opportunity to provide 1 on 1 service. It's a better experience for the customers and the employees.

Pros

Under the table tips

Cons

Working in all weather conditions

Somewhat productive workplace, extraordinary atmosphere

A typical day at work revolved around doing the inventory check of both cigarettes and lottery tickets upon starting the day. We were also expected to count and balance the till at both the start and end of a shift. The hardest part of the job was balancing the work related duties away from the till around customers, as there was only one employee on site after six o'clock in the evening .

Pros

Schoolwork able to be done on shift

Cons

Long hours and unreliable co-workers

It is a fun place to work and learn new things.

I have learned a lot of new things with the husky. I was able to improve my communication skills. The most fun part is that you meet a lot of new customers daily. The management is very good and helping. Overall experience is very good.

Cons

No benefits

Productive and knowledgeable

It's really good experience of dealing with different kinds of customers having different background in everyday business operations. good working culture and ethical business practices.

Pros

Became efficient in customer service

Cons

Limited growth opportunities

• Providing friendly, efficient customer service • Maintaining inventory, order of new supplies and delivery of fuel from supplier • Training new part-time employees in procedures • Maintaining safe and clean environment for customers

a decent place to work

working at the husky was pretty boring and easy to do. management was ok and can be pretty understanding. the best part about working their was the staff who were always nice and kind.

Pros

free coffee and slurpees

Cons

not enough hours

Fun workplace

I do night shift at a Husky gas station. It is really fun and enjoyable. I learned to interact with others. It helped me to understand the customer needs and requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people belonging to a different culture, every day and trying to communicate with them.

Best Place to work

Husky energy is a great company. It has a best Customer Services. As i am working there right now i know that they took there safety measures very seriously. Its a really great experience to work with fun loving people.

Great company that accommodates its staff

Working here provided me with an extensive list of skills that I am able to go on to use in various parts of my life. There are not a lot of jobs outside the service industry that provide this amount of time with customers on a regular basis to enhance interpersonal skills.

One of the best institutions to work with. Having a wonderful experience with the company staff and of course customers. One thing I love about people teach you while working. Only problem is that I have to come 45 km's away from home. I wish best of everything for husky.

Pros

Best care

Cons

This place helped me to improve my communication skills and my time management skills.

Being a Customer Service Representative is a big responsibility. At Husky i learned lots of things like time management skills and working as a team mate with my other employees. The management was very helpful in helping me learn all my duties and finishing work on time. The thing i liked most about my job was meeting new people everyday.

Pros

Management was very understanding

Cons

No extra pay for overtime

fun work environment

i enjoyed working here because i got to meet new people and see the regular customers they were very friendly, and i enjoyed learning new things

its fun to talk with customer

As a worker of Husky Gas station, its has been giving me the opportunity to build up interpersonal skills as well as my problem-solving skills. I like to talk with different kinds of people.

workplace with lot of e relevant work

i am working here as a part time but i am the only person here who worked this much longer period. I started my customer service career in Canada from this job. this job improve my confidence to interact with the customer

Pros

near to place

Cons

lack of experience

it is a very responsible job.

It teach us lot about how to deal with customers. co-workers are also so good. Huge responsibility to order stuff and manage the inventory.

good company

good company,easy to understand the software,manager is very rude,managers not trained well,speak rudely with store representatives.working hours schedule is not bad.

Pros

day shift

Cons

night shift

Good and safe environment to work

Customer service. Inventory management. No hard parts of this job. Talking to customers is my favorite part of this job.

A comfortable place to work

The management were all friendly and informative when I had questions or concerns. They were also understanding if time off was needed for any reason.

Pros

reasonable hours

Cons

low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement